Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

First Presidential Debate

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post

    Ok it wasn't his closing statement but this is what I was referring to.


    Prepared to let people vote. You should go to Iwillvote.com. Decide how they're going to vote, when they're going to vote and what means by which they're going to vote. His own Homeland Security director, as well as the FBI director, says there's no evidence at all that mail-in ballots are a source of being manipulated and cheating. They said that. The fact is that they're going to be millions of people, because of COVID, that are going to be voting by mail-in ballots, like he does by the way. He sits behind the Resolute desk and sends his ballot to Florida, number one. Number two, we're going to make sure that those people who want to vote in person are able to vote because enough poll watchers are there to make sure they can socially distance, the polls are open on time and they'll pull stay open until the votes are counted. And this is all about trying to dissuade people from voting because he's trying to scare people into thinking that it's not gonna be legitimate. Show up and vote. You will determine the outcome of this election. Vote. Vote. Vote. If you're able to vote early in your state, vote early. If you're able to vote in person, vote in person. Vote whatever way is the best way for you because you will- He cannot stop you from being able to determine the outcome of this election. Whether or not when the votes are counted, and they're all counted, that will be accepted. If I win, that will be accepted.If I lose, it will be accepted. But, by the way, if, in fact, he says he's not sure what he's gonna accept, let me tell you something, it doesn't matter. Because if we get the votes, it’s going to be all over. He's going to go. He won’t stay in power. It won't happen. It won't happen. So vote. Just make sure you understand you have it in your control to determine what this country is going to look like the next four years. Is it going to change or are we gonna get four more years of these lies?
    Contrast Biden's statement with this


    Gov. Abbott issues proclamation CLOSING (as of Oct. 2) satellite offices where voters can drop off completed mail-in ballots. Counties can only have 1 dropoff point, he says. Travis has 4, including 3 downtown. Harris has 12.


    And then let's talk about which party is trying to destroy faith in the election.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post

      Contrast Biden's statement with this


      Gov. Abbott issues proclamation CLOSING (as of Oct. 2) satellite offices where voters can drop off completed mail-in ballots. Counties can only have 1 dropoff point, he says. Travis has 4, including 3 downtown. Harris has 12.


      And then let's talk about which party is trying to destroy faith in the election.
      And yet YOUR party keeps insisting on an unnecessary system that is obviously rife with error and fraud. Is your party just dumb?
      "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

      Comment


      • Originally posted by seanD View Post

        And yet YOUR party keeps insisting on an unnecessary system that is obviously rife with error and fraud. Is your party just dumb?
        Both homeland security and the FBI disagree.

        Comment


        • ​White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany on Thursday dismissed Fox News reporter John Roberts, who repeatedly demanded that she condemn white supremacy on behalf of the Trump administration.

          “This has been answered yesterday by the president himself, the day before by the president himself,” McEnany said.

          She noted that President Donald Trump had condemned white supremacy by saying “sure” three times during the presidential debate on Tuesday night when asked if he would denounce white supremacists. She also noted that he did it again in response to a reporter on Wednesday.

          “I always denounce any form, any form of any of that,” Trump replied on Wednesday afternoon when asked to condemn white supremacists. “You have to denounce.”

          McEnany also cited remarks from 2019 and 2017 in which Trump condemned white supremacy and noted that his administration executed a criminal white supremacist.

          “He has condemned white supremacy more than any president in modern history,” McEnany said.

          Roberts protested, noting that she was only reading old statements from President Trump condemning white supremacy.

          “The president has denounced this repeatedly, the president was asked this, you’re contriving a storyline and a narrative,” she said.

          Breitbart.com
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God


          From "Fools Gold" by Petra

          Comment


          • Originally posted by seanD View Post

            Well, that isn't how I saw it, and so that's obviously where it's going have to stand.

            You, with TDS that you've shown on this board since he was elected, will see it one way, and I'll see another -- Biden not being able to handle his own without third party as a clear sign of weakness. I think it's funny how even the pro-Biden MSM admits he was "bullied," I suppose without realizing how bad that sounds against Biden, not Trump. I guess we'll have to wait and see if this affects the opinion of voters (assuming Dems aren't going to try and subvert the election with cheating and/or obfuscation, which is a high possibility).
            I suppose the question that might help liberals put this into perspective is, can you picture Obama standing there and doing his best impersonation of a punching bag for 90-minutes?
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God


            From "Fools Gold" by Petra

            Comment


            • Originally posted by seanD View Post

              Well, that isn't how I saw it, and so that's obviously where it's going have to stand.

              You, with TDS that you've shown on this board since he was elected, will see it one way, and I'll see another -- Biden not being able to handle his own without third party as a clear sign of weakness. I think it's funny how even the pro-Biden MSM admits he was "bullied," I suppose without realizing how bad that sounds against Biden, not Trump. I guess we'll have to wait and see if this affects the opinion of voters (assuming Dems aren't going to try and subvert the election with cheating and/or obfuscation, which is a high possibility).
              You comment here is absurd, and wildly inaccurate on all fronts. TDS doesn't exist, it's a fantasy that serves primarily as a coping mechanism for the cognitive and moral dissonance required to support Trump. Biden handled his own, A debate Moderator is in fact the norm and they exist for a reason - even normal people in a debate can need to be 'moderated' to keep the debate focused and on topic,

              As for the voters, If we are a nation that actually finds Trump palatable, or preferred over decent, honest, hard working and law abiding men, then we deserve the judgement Trump is bringing on us.
              He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

              "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

              Comment


              • Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

                You comment here is absurd, and wildly inaccurate on all fronts. TDS doesn't exist, it's a fantasy that serves primarily as a coping mechanism for the cognitive and moral dissonance required to support Trump. Biden handled his own, A debate Moderator is in fact the norm and they exist for a reason - even normal people in a debate can need to be 'moderated' to keep the debate focused and on topic,

                As for the voters, If we are a nation that actually finds Trump palatable, or preferred over decent, honest, hard working and law abiding men, then we deserve the judgement Trump is bringing on us.
                Cognitive dissonance is not when you can call Trump an idiot when he says idiotic things, or a liar when he lies, or a rude buffoon when he's a rude buffoon. TDS is "Orange Man bad" all the time every time, and that's what you do on this board. Person with TDS can't think critically because everything Trump does and says is bad, therefore their observations are unreliable because it's based on pure Orange Man bad bias. Everyone expected Trump to be rude and obnoxious, because this is what he does, yet Biden still couldn't handle it even though he had plenty of time to prepare for that. Biden was 'bullied" and that's what the MSM is admitting, and he was bullied because he couldn't handle himself verbally against a more aggressive opponent. It also made Biden's cavalier dismissal of facts thrown at him such obvious lies because, as an establishment toady in politics most of his life, he apparently couldn't even do that right.
                "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

                Comment


                • Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post

                  Do you agree that undermining faith in elections is an existential threat to any democracy?
                  I don't believe anything like this world.

                  The world and its politics are putrid bile, there is nothing good in it, left or right. This world has no idea what real unity and peace even are, they have all gone astray, leading each other into a pit.

                  ​​​​​​I don't take any of my faith and mix it into this world or it's politics, I have no faith in this world or your elections. I think believers should take their cues from Christ and John the Baptist. Don't get involved, you might lose your head. And he did.

                  That being said.

                  If you want me to dip my toe into your politics, I would say Hillary, Obama and Joe undermined the office of the President of the United States, are likely guilty of sedition, treason, and undermining faith in your elections.

                  I believe the "Existential Threat" referred to at the time was because he had his tiny little hands on the button, that he will nuke because he is such a hothead, that we were all.....gonna....die. Goodness, I saw the msm and liberal politicians freak out or cry over it.

                  Instead, Trump talked NK down, put Iran in the idiot corner where they belong, and is pulling troops home from endless wars.

                  Just one of the reasons why your claims make political sense, just blabbing he is an existential threat. Liberals want that, they need that, they talk themselves into believing it.

                  But it is now clear it doesn't make factual or historical sense, and that is where you lose.

                  I personally don't think liberals pick the correct battles to fight Trump.

                  But hey, as I've said to others in the past, this is your world, I just live in it. Other believers in this world have suffered worse then the green idiots who want to rule you, I'll survive.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Maranatha View Post

                    I don't believe anything like this world.

                    The world and its politics are putrid bile, there is nothing good in it, left or right. This world has no idea what real unity and peace even are, they have all gone astray, leading each other into a pit.

                    ​​​​​​I don't take any of my faith and mix it into this world or it's politics, I have no faith in this world or your elections. I think believers should take their cues from Christ and John the Baptist. Don't get involved, you might lose your head. And he did.

                    That being said.

                    If you want me to dip my toe into your politics, I would say Hillary, Obama and Joe undermined the office of the President of the United States, are likely guilty of sedition, treason, and undermining faith in your elections.

                    I believe the "Existential Threat" referred to at the time was because he had his tiny little hands on the button, that he will nuke because he is such a hothead, that we were all.....gonna....die. Goodness, I saw the msm and liberal politicians freak out or cry over it.

                    Instead, Trump talked NK down, put Iran in the idiot corner where they belong, and is pulling troops home from endless wars.

                    Just one of the reasons why your claims make political sense, just blabbing he is an existential threat. Liberals want that, they need that, they talk themselves into believing it.

                    But it is now clear it doesn't make factual or historical sense, and that is where you lose.

                    I personally don't think liberals pick the correct battles to fight Trump.

                    But hey, as I've said to others in the past, this is your world, I just live in it. Other believers in this world have suffered worse then the green idiots who want to rule you, I'll survive.
                    Regarding NK and Iran, no idea where you get your info but it is very, very wrong.

                    I asked about whether undermining faith in elections is an existential threat to democracy. The answer is clearly yes as history has shown. But honestly you sound too nihilistic for me.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Maranatha View Post
                      But hey, as I've said to others in the past, this is your world, I just live in it.
                      Have you actually seen the way you behave in these forums?

                      You're not just a tenant of this world: you've helped create it. Just like everyone else :)
                      I can solve the problem of evil without interfering with anyone's free will. So can your God, but he refuses. This is why I'm His moral superior.

                      Comment


                      • Trump campaign calls out second debate moderator who interned for Biden, worked for Ted Kennedy

                        He previously tweeted an op-ed titled "No, Not Trump, Not Ever."

                        https://www.foxnews.com/media/modera...or-ted-kennedy

                        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

                        Comment


                        • I think it's a fair concern to raise. I would point out that he was announced as the debate moderator on September 2nd so I'm not clear on why it took 4 weeks to raise this, though.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by seanD View Post

                            Cognitive dissonance is not when you can call Trump an idiot when he says idiotic things, or a liar when he lies, or a rude buffoon when he's a rude buffoon. TDS is "Orange Man bad" all the time every time, and that's what you do on this board. Person with TDS can't think critically because everything Trump does and says is bad, therefore their observations are unreliable because it's based on pure Orange Man bad bias. Everyone expected Trump to be rude and obnoxious, because this is what he does, yet Biden still couldn't handle it even though he had plenty of time to prepare for that. Biden was 'bullied" and that's what the MSM is admitting, and he was bullied because he couldn't handle himself verbally against a more aggressive opponent. It also made Biden's cavalier dismissal of facts thrown at him such obvious lies because, as an establishment toady in politics most of his life, he apparently couldn't even do that right.
                            I have mentioned when Trump has done something good on these pages - which shows you don't know what you are talking about.

                            TDS is nothing more than an attempt to mock those with morals that are not willing to compromise them in the face of Trumps bribery. He does a lot of absurd, raunchy, and just plain bad things. HE IS BAD - as is clearly evidenced by the NYT expose on his taxes, only the latest massive unfurling of just how bad he is. The problem here seanD is that you live in a fantasy world where a man that does and has done the sorts of things he has done and is doing does not impose that same immorality and destruction on the country he leads. Where somehow morality and character in his personal life can be the bottom of the bottom, and yet he can be completely clean and unfettered as he leads the country. That his corruption and gross negligence will not filter out into the rest of the country. And that is simply IMPOSSIBLE. His appointments, his actions, his friends, his enemies, it all reflects who he is, which is the very image of corruption that the founding fathers worked so very hard to keep OUT of our government. And so that dark filth that fills his soul is gradually becoming part of all that he touches, all those he interacts with. And the consequences of that are things like 200,000 dead from Covid-19 rather than 60,000 to 80,000. things like children being held for months at a time apart from their parents. Things like tear gassing protestors so he can get a photo op at a church (of all things). Things like massively escalating racial tensions fed by his own racist actions and words. And the near collapse of our election integrity, with who knows what sort of divisive consequences to follow. He is the master of chaos and division, and people like you and a large number of those posting on this site are his 'useful idiots' as it were. He has basically conned you and a very large subset of this country into tolerating the intolerable by holding out certain carrots: Conservative justices on the Supreme court being one of them.
                            He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

                            "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

                            Comment


                            • trump_biden_debate-2020-1536x1064.jpg
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God


                              From "Fools Gold" by Petra

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

                                I have mentioned when Trump has done something good on these pages - which shows you don't know what you are talking about.

                                TDS is nothing more than an attempt to mock those with morals that are not willing to compromise them in the face of Trumps bribery. He does a lot of absurd, raunchy, and just plain bad things. HE IS BAD - as is clearly evidenced by the NYT expose on his taxes, only the latest massive unfurling of just how bad he is. The problem here seanD is that you live in a fantasy world where a man that does and has done the sorts of things he has done and is doing does not impose that same immorality and destruction on the country he leads. Where somehow morality and character in his personal life can be the bottom of the bottom, and yet he can be completely clean and unfettered as he leads the country. That his corruption and gross negligence will not filter out into the rest of the country. And that is simply IMPOSSIBLE. His appointments, his actions, his friends, his enemies, it all reflects who he is, which is the very image of corruption that the founding fathers worked so very hard to keep OUT of our government. And so that dark filth that fills his soul is gradually becoming part of all that he touches, all those he interacts with. And the consequences of that are things like 200,000 dead from Covid-19 rather than 60,000 to 80,000. things like children being held for months at a time apart from their parents. Things like tear gassing protestors so he can get a photo op at a church (of all things). Things like massively escalating racial tensions fed by his own racist actions and words. And the near collapse of our election integrity, with who knows what sort of divisive consequences to follow. He is the master of chaos and division, and people like you and a large number of those posting on this site are his 'useful idiots' as it were. He has basically conned you and a very large subset of this country into tolerating the intolerable by holding out certain carrots: Conservative justices on the Supreme court being one of them.
                                Oh please. This is just you pontificating your typical sanctimonious bullcrap. Trump was part of an elite system that was corrupt, and now he's part of an entire governmental system that's corrupt. Nothing new about that whatsoever. Obama was just as corrupt, in fact more bloodthirsty (drone bombing children and assassinating US citizens), just more "presidential" (fake) about it. And don't start that phony spiel about racism because I'll go off on you. You support a political fake who called black communities "racial jungles" and worked with bonafide anti-black racists to pass national policy against blacks, and who has the audacity to falsely smear a 17 year old as a white supremacist just so he can appease a movement that YOU also support that is the cause of chaos and divide in this country over lies and false facts, just so you can feel better about your own internal racism that you project onto everyone here that disagrees with you.
                                "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

                                Comment

                                Related Threads

                                Collapse

                                Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Whateverman, Yesterday, 07:17 PM
                                29 responses
                                100 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post CivilDiscourse  
                                Started by Whateverman, Yesterday, 04:39 PM
                                1 response
                                26 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Maranatha  
                                Started by Hypatia_Alexandria, Yesterday, 03:30 PM
                                57 responses
                                216 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Ronson
                                by Ronson
                                 
                                Started by Whateverman, 10-20-2020, 08:11 PM
                                4 responses
                                43 views
                                1 like
                                Last Post Bill the Cat  
                                Started by shunyadragon, 10-20-2020, 07:16 PM
                                28 responses
                                127 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Sparko
                                by Sparko
                                 
                                Working...
                                X