Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Does Donald Trump really abuse Adderall, or is that just a rumor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
    If Trump is on Adderall, I assume there must be a good reason, otherwise Putin wouldn't have made him do it.
    Zym may be whack, but he's awesome amusing. That's a class troll there.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      This is the same story being pushed by Tom Arnold (who cited Casler as his source).

Casler claims to have been working on the Apprentice where he says he saw Trump snorting Adderall, but when Newsweek did a cursory background check while doing a story about his allegations they found no evidence that he was ever on the set. They asked Casler for clarification but didn't get a response.

This is all in DOb's thread on this but I'm having trouble finding it (and a whole bunch of other threads/posts) using either our Search function or Google. Hopefully this is just a slight hiccup in going to Tweb5, but
      I was commenting on a WaPo story last week about Trump's sudden interest in pre-debate drug testing when I ran across a comment asking rather pointedly why the Adderall claim wasn't being reported. The obvious answer is they haven't found corroboration.

That needs two reasonably reliable and independent sources — unless you're Fox and Friends, or Hannity, or Breitbart, or fringe media in general — and Casler is just one.

But you can still do a story about an independently newsworthy figure making an accusation about another public figure. So maybe Arnold's accusation was just a rumor, but it's a rumor from two years ago, and one I'd never have known about if it weren't for Trump's drug-testing challenge. And now I do.

There's no point puffing up Newsweek's email to Casler as a "cursory background check." The Newsweek story was about Tom Arnold's anti-Trump crusade. Arnold referred to Casler as staff on the Apprentice. Newsweek made a cursory attempt to confirm it independently by emailing Casler, who didn't "respond before publication." That says last minute checking on a fact not worth disputing, not whatever it is you're trying to imply there.
      A Trump campaign spokeswoman said the claims were false. "These outlandish, unsubstantiated and totally false claims fabricated by publicity hungry, opportunistic, disgruntled former employees have no merit whatsoever," Hope Hicks said, noting the success of the show.

Hope Hicks says Casler was an employee. Get well soon. For his own part, Casler says he worked as a talent handler with Celebrity Apprentice for six seasons, but only for the Finales, the last three seasons exclusively handling Trump's daughter and hubby.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

I was commenting on a WaPo story last week about Trump's sudden interest in pre-debate drug testing when I ran across a comment asking rather pointedly why the Adderall claim wasn't being reported. The obvious answer is they haven't found corroboration.

That needs two reasonably reliable and independent sources — unless you're Fox and Friends, or Hannity, or Breitbart, or fringe media in general — and Casler is just one.

But you can still do a story about an independently newsworthy figure making an accusation about another public figure. So maybe Arnold's accusation was just a rumor, but it's a rumor from two years ago, and one I'd never have known about if it weren't for Trump's drug-testing challenge. And now I do.

There's no point puffing up Newsweek's email to Casler as a "cursory background check." The Newsweek story was about Tom Arnold's anti-Trump crusade. Arnold referred to Casler as staff on the Apprentice. Newsweek made a cursory attempt to confirm it independently by emailing Casler, who didn't "respond before publication." That says last minute checking on a fact not worth disputing, not whatever it is you're trying to imply there.
        A Trump campaign spokeswoman said the claims were false. "These outlandish, unsubstantiated and totally false claims fabricated by publicity hungry, opportunistic, disgruntled former employees have no merit whatsoever," Hope Hicks said, noting the success of the show.

Hope Hicks says Casler was an employee. Get well soon. For his own part, Casler says he worked as a talent handler with Celebrity Apprentice for six seasons, but only for the Finales, the last three seasons exclusively handling Trump's daughter and hubby.
        So much wrong I really don't know where to begin.

I guess I should concentrate on the "lowlights" and just ignore the numerous minor and essentially insignificant errors.

Trump got interested in drug testing after rumors started circulating of Biden being given "performance enhancing drugs" to help him stay focused and on track and not do things like forget the words to... you know, the thing or start rambling on about how he let kids rub the hairs on his legs The very fact that Trump was calling for testing of the candidates should clue you in that wild unsubstantiated claims don't have any basis in fact. That Biden refused is also very telling but I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

As for two reliable sources of information... you can lump your precious NYT right into the thick of it as they have jumped into the "anonymous source" circus and have had enough of those stories blow up in their face to make it reasonable to suspect that the "anonymous source" is none other than reporter speculating and trying to give his conjectures credence.

You have the Newsweek story backwards. They didn't start out by asking Casler for evidence that he actually worked on the set of The Apprentice but tried to ask him about it only after they could find no evidence of his having done so. And he apparently ignored their request. So your theorizing is based upon a erroneous timeline.

The point is that he claims to have been on the set where he claims to have witnessed Trump snorting Adderall. There is absolutely no evidence he was ever on the set.

Look at it this way... I work for a fairly large international corporation but that doesn't automatically equate to my having witnessed anything in the home office. The fact is, that like Casler never was on the set to see what he claims to have saw there, I have never been at the home office. And if I told you that I witnessed something that supposedly took place there then, like Casler, I would be lying.

But just keep on pushing the sensationalist garbage that you so often pretend to loathe.
        Last edited by rogue06; 10-02-2020, 01:04 PM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          You have the Newsweek story backwards. They didn't start out by asking Casler ...
          No I don't, and they didn't ask Casler anything that wasn't in the email that didn't get a response before publication.

Everything they pulled from him came from the stand-up routine video posted on youtube and linked by Arnold and a couple of other shady twits. Couple suggestions, seeing as you don't know where to begin, that much being true. First, read the Newsweek story, and second, don't assume I didn't. And third, if you're going to respond to a post, read it. His employment on CA was confirmed by Hope Hicks, hence the "disgruntled former employees."

What is it with you guys? I went checking because I read your post, and it didn't check out. Return the favor sometime, kk? I'm not big into conversations with no more substance than here's the evidence that you're lying, or misrepresenting, or whatever. Discussion should begin on a basis of agreed facts, and then go on to divergent opinions, but we can't go there, because you never get your facts straight.

And stop pretending you've got a problem with the NY Times. Every time they make a mistake, it gives you cover for following whatever bilge rot you're reading instead. Not much, but even a fig leaf is worth grasping when you're all cheeks to the wind. The difference being that when I complain about bias and mistakes, it's because I don't like them. The proof is that you have never in all the years I've been asking, ever provided a better news source, that being the natural reaction to someone who finds their source is compromised.

And do let me know where the rumor that Biden was using performance enhancers came from, because that's not in wide circulation either. Wouldn't be from the Trump team, now would it? Give me a reason to think it wasn't in reaction to the Casler accusation from December 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
            What is it with you guys?
            Tribal, knee-jerk defense.

You don't agree with everything they say and believe. They're not resisting facts/information; they're resisting you. You're the enemy.

Comment