Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

I Must Have Missed This On CNN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    Wait, both the CDC and WHO early on said that wearing a mask would not help. Do we believe what they said then or now?
    Canadians believe that masks should be worn. What do Americans believe?

As Fauci has repeatedly pointed out, the earlier advice regarding masks was made when there was a severe mask shortage, so it was important to save as many masks as possible for medical personnel.
    "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
    "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post

It is pretty obvious that there are two main reasons for why Canada is handling the pandemic much better than the US:

(1) most Canadians believe in science, while an apparent majority of Americans reject scientific evidence, and
      (2) Canadians are willing to make sacrifices for the common good, while the majority of Americans believe individual liberty is more important than the common good
      You have just indicated that the Canadians are promoting use of Hydroxychloroquine with Zinc (in proper doses, not extreme doses) for people just starting to become sick due to coronavirus symptoms.

I also presume Canadians are rejecting masks due to the science that shows masks as ineffective unless maybe you have coronavirus and are coughing and sneezing. But, then I heard people often remove the masks if they are coughing or sneezing -- I get this, since the mask gets pretty yucky if you do this.

Comment

both the CDC and WHO early on said that wearing a mask would not help.
        Neither the CDC nor the WHO has ever said wearing a mask would not help. You're welcome to provide an in-context quote to show otherwise, but you wont - because the context will immediately demonstrate how you've lied.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post

You have just indicated that the Canadians are promoting use of Hydroxychloroquine with Zinc (in proper doses, not extreme doses) for people just starting to become sick due to coronavirus symptoms.

I also presume Canadians are rejecting masks due to the science that shows masks as ineffective unless maybe you have coronavirus and are coughing and sneezing. But, then I heard people often remove the masks if they are coughing or sneezing -- I get this, since the mask gets pretty yucky if you do this.
          You are mistaken on two counts. Canadians reject hydroxychloroquine being a treatment for covid, just as we reject drinking bleach as a treatment. And, Canadians believe in wearing masks.

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
            Neither the CDC nor the WHO has ever said wearing a mask would not help. You're welcome to provide an in-context quote to show otherwise, but you wont - because the context will immediately demonstrate how you've lied.
            Fauci says he doesn't regret telling Americans not to wear masks at the beginning of the pandemic

https://www.businessinsider.com/fauc...andemic-2020-7

WHO says there is no need for healthy people to wear face masks, days after the CDC told all Americans to cover their faces

https://www.businessinsider.com/who-...e-masks-2020-4

Though health officials have warned Americans to prepare for the spread of the novel coronavirus in the U.S., people shouldn’t wear face masks to prevent the spread of the infectious illness, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the U.S. surgeon general.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/th...rus-2020-01-30

Now where did I lie?
            Last edited by seer; 09-29-2020, 12:02 PM.
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

You are mistaken on two counts. Canadians reject hydroxychloroquine being a treatment for covid, just as we reject drinking bleach as a treatment. And, Canadians believe in wearing masks.
              So you are not following the science. You have contradicted yourself. Hopefully, not all Canadians are so confused. But I do agree you should ween yourself off drinking bleach.

Comment

I guess it's good nobody except liberals suggested drinking bleach as a treament for Covid.

Comment

So you are not following the science.
                  If Americans are following science and Canadians aren't, then what is the explanation for the per capita death rate in the US being 11x the death rate in Canada?

Comment

Canadians believe that masks should be worn. What do Americans believe?
                    Wait. Are you saying that Canuckistanis are a monolithic block? That they all walk alike? That they all talk alike? And that they all think alike?

Shades of ol' Joe and his twice made declaration that all blacks think alike.

But then he is the self-anointed arbitrator of who is and who isn't black, so I guess if they don't think the way he tells them to think then he can simply proclaim that they aren't really black.

As Fauci has repeatedly pointed out, the earlier advice regarding masks was made when there was a severe mask shortage, so it was important to save as many masks as possible for medical personnel.
                    If that is the case then they lied to us.

We were repeatedly told that the reason was because they weren't effective.
                    Last edited by rogue06; 09-29-2020, 12:40 PM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

If Americans are following science and Canadians aren't, then what is the explanation for the per capita death rate in the US being 11x the death rate in Canada?
                      That is almost as moronic as saying that Canuckistanis don't follow science because they choose to live in an ice box rather than an environment more conducive to good health.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        That is almost as moronic as saying that Canuckistanis don't follow science because they choose to live in an ice box rather than an environment more conducive to good health.
                        So you are arguing that Canada is doing a much better job handling covid than the US because Canada is relying on science and the US isn't. Correct?

Comment

So you are arguing that Canada is doing a much better job handling covid than the US because Canada is relying on science and the US isn't. Correct?
                          Yeah... Sure thing. That's exactly what I said even if the words I used would never cause a sane person to think that.

Don't pay any attention to any of those folk who tell you that you possess the communication skills of an alarm clock. Obviously they're just jealous.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            Yeah... Sure thing. That's exactly what I said even if the words I used would never cause a sane person to think that.
                            So you are arguing that Canada is doing a much better job handling covid than the US because Canada is ignoring science and the US is following science. Correct? Why, then, doesn't the US start ignoring science like you claim Canada is doing? Don't you want to get covid under control?

Comment

I know a woman who recovered from covid, who is approximately in her 50s. She said she was sick for weeks and developed pneumonia, and thought she was going to die.

Her family got her Hydroxychloroquine and she claims she immediately started to go on the mend once she started taking it (although she had to back off on the dosage because it raised her blood pressure quite a bit).

I fully believe that she believes Hydroxychloroquine saved her life. Whether or not she would have started recovering naturally at that point anyway is unknown.

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                                Fauci says he doesn't regret telling Americans not to wear masks at the beginning of the pandemic

https://www.businessinsider.com/fauc...andemic-2020-7

WHO says there is no need for healthy people to wear face masks, days after the CDC told all Americans to cover their faces

https://www.businessinsider.com/who-...e-masks-2020-4

Though health officials have warned Americans to prepare for the spread of the novel coronavirus in the U.S., people shouldn’t wear face masks to prevent the spread of the infectious illness, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the U.S. surgeon general.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/th...rus-2020-01-30

Now where did I lie?
                                Right here: "both the CDC and WHO early on said that wearing a mask would not help"

None of the three links you provided support your claim. And you know it.

No governmental/scientific agency has said or implied that wearing a mask would not help. Not one.

Comment