Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

I Must Have Missed This On CNN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Must Have Missed This On CNN

They should have called it a Black Lives event...

100,000 Gather At Prayer March 2020 In Washington DC

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Not a lot of masks in that crowd. No wonder COVID is out of control in the USA.
    "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
    "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post
      You mean like all the Democrat protests and riots?
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        You mean like all the Democrat protests and riots?
        Republicans are openly hostile to wearing masks. If, as you claim, Democrats are also hostile to wear masks, then this certainly explains why yesterday 7 people died from coronavirus in Canada, while in the US 737 people died (stats are a seven day moving average; the United States has a population 8.8x the population of Canada, so the daily per capita death rate in the US is 12x the death rate in Canada).

Comment

Republicans are openly hostile to wearing masks. If, as you claim, Democrats are also hostile to wear masks, then this certainly explains why yesterday 7 people died from coronavirus in Canada, while in the US 737 people died (stats are a seven day moving average; the United States has a population 8.8x the population of Canada, so the daily per capita death rate in the US is 12x the death rate in Canada).
          California (Governor Newsom's Ultra Leftist Lockdown Utopia) where people must wear masks when stepping outside)
          Population 39.51 million and 55 deaths yesterday

Canada
          Population 37.82 million and 7 deaths yesterday

Obviously it's not all about masks

Comment

Yes but all other causes of death have disappeared: heart attacks, diabetes complications, renal failure, all forms of cancer, flu, etc. Coronavirus is a cure for all of these in the States but this has not spread to Canada yet.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post

Yes but all other causes of death have disappeared: heart attacks, diabetes complications, renal failure, all forms of cancer, flu, etc. Coronavirus is a cure for all of these in the States but this has not spread to Canada yet.
              That is a problem with the record keeping. In some jurisdictions if you have the Chicom coronavirus and pass away it does not matter what you actually died as a result of, it will be listed as a covid-related death. IOW, you could be killed in an auto accident but if you were also sick with the Rona it will likely get listed as being covid-related.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

So why did you jump on the Prayer March if everybody is doing it? Why even bring it up?

Comment

So why did you jump on the Prayer March if everybody is doing it? Why even bring it up?
                    Past experience with reepicheep is that he is rabidly anti-american. (well, at least rabidly anti american so long as trump is in charge). So, he focuses extensively on America, ignores (or refuses to apply the same standard to) Canada. And will refuse to consider anything unique about Canada that might explain differences other than OrangeMan/America Bad.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
                      And will refuse to consider anything unique about Canada that might explain differences
                      It is pretty obvious that there are two main reasons for why Canada is handling the pandemic much better than the US:

(1) most Canadians believe in science, while an apparent majority of Americans reject scientific evidence, and
                      (2) Canadians are willing to make sacrifices for the common good, while the majority of Americans believe individual liberty is more important than the common good

Comment

It is pretty obvious that there are two main reasons for why Canada is handling the pandemic much better than the US:

(1) most Canadians believe in science, while an apparent majority of Americans reject scientific evidence, and
                        (2) Canadians are willing to make sacrifices for the common good, while the majority of Americans believe individual liberty is more important than the common good
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Comment

Majority of Americans say science has a mostly positive impact on society...
                            Do you think that, by wearing masks, Canadians are ignoring science? Or do you believe that, by refusing to wear masks, Americans are ignoring science?

Comment

Do you think that, by wearing masks, Canadians are ignoring science? Or do you believe that, by refusing to wear masks, Americans are ignoring science?
                              Wait, both the CDC and WHO early on said that wearing a mask would not help. Do we believe what they said then or now?

Comment