Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

White supremacists involved in the violence of BLM demonstrations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
    The court case in New York is only the beginning.
    The Mueller investigation is only the beginning!

The Steele dossier is only the beginning!

The Stormy Daniels case is only the beginning!

The Ukraine phone call is only the beginning!

Trump insulting military personnel is only the beginning!

Trump's tax returns are only the beginning!

(I'm sure there are some I've forgotten. There have been so many bombshells over the past four years that turned out to be duds.)
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Here over the weekend, the person arrested for inciting violence during our local BLM violence was connected to Antifa. How do we know? His Facebook page said so.

I think the source isn't EITHER white supremacists OR Antifa. Rather it is both and it just depends on the local who does it.
      "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

. . . and I always will when those that post use fallacies to argue, because attacking the source and not address the issue at hand is by definition a Genetic Fallacy.

Trump encouraged extreme right and 'White Supremacy' movements in his campaign, as in Charlottesville, VA. The White Supremacists support Trump.

The problem is described in the news article. The Law Enforcement determined that 'White Supremacists' disguised themselves as BLM supporters to commit violence in their name. This is an important point in encouraging opponents of BLM to blame the violence on them.
        Two wrongful points of data do not make a right. We know that the first assertion is bogus. But some people do not look at the facts. The second assertion lacks any substantial information to confirm it and thus is irrelevant for discussion.

One thing i noted before was that if BLM is starting peaceful rallies which always turn out violent and destructive, then they should not start those protests or they should figure out a way to avoid letting it go that far.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post

Two wrongful points of data do not make a right. We know that the first assertion is bogus. But some people do not look at the facts. The second assertion lacks any substantial information to confirm it and thus is irrelevant for discussion.

One thing i noted before was that if BLM is starting peaceful rallies which always turn out violent and destructive, then they should not start those protests or they should figure out a way to avoid letting it go that far.
          No response . . .

. . . and I always will when those that post use fallacies to argue, because attacking the source and not address the issue at hand is by definition a Genetic Fallacy.

Trump encouraged extreme right and 'White Supremacy' movements in his campaign, as in Charlottesville, VA. The White Supremacists support Trump, and in his campaign speeches encouraging violence against the opposition.

The problem is described in the news article. The Law Enforcement determined that 'White Supremacists' disguised themselves as BLM supporters to commit violence in their name. This is an important point in encouraging opponents of BLM to blame the violence on them.
          Last edited by shunyadragon; 09-28-2020, 06:02 PM.
          Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
          Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
          But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

No response . . .

Trump encouraged extreme right and 'White Supremacy' movements in his campaign, as in Charlottesville, VA. The White Supremacists support Trump, and in his campaign speeches encouraging violence against the opposition.

What is the big point you want to make? that media lies or that there might be another problem too?

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post

What is the big point you want to make? that media lies or that there might be another problem too?
              Changing the subject with undocumented accusations gets you no where, as usual. It's another fallacy, guess which one. You're on a roll.
              Last edited by shunyadragon; 09-28-2020, 06:59 PM.
              But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
                Here over the weekend, the person arrested for inciting violence during our local BLM violence was connected to Antifa. How do we know? His Facebook page said so.

I think the source isn't EITHER white supremacists OR Antifa. Rather it is both and it just depends on the local who does it.
                Your first line brings up the point that whenever the police do make a bunch of arrests of those involved in violent acts and the names and photos get published they are almost always folks who have done this before. Their professional agitators. And they are leftists like antifa and BLM. If the police had nabbed any "agent provocateurs" the MSM would have grabbed a hold of it in a minute spotlighting these rightwing infiltrators.

The fact that they don't seems telling.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Changing the subject with undocumented accusations gets you no where, as usual. It's another fallacy, guess which one. You're on a roll.
                  So shuny...

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Source: https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/donald-trump-proud-boys-debate-1068580/

What Did Trump Mean When He Told Proud Boys to ‘Stand Back and Stand By’?

During the debate, President Trump essentially gave a white supremacist group a shoutout

Asked to condemn white supremacists on Tuesday night, President Trump instead named a militant white supremacist group and issued a call to arms.

Moderator Chris Wallace asked Donald Trump if he was willing to “condemn white supremacists and militia groups.” He referenced cities such as Kenosha and Portland, hotbeds of civil unrest where much of the violence been initiated by far-right extremists and militia members.

At first, Trump appeared to be receptive to condemning far-right extremists, but when pressed by Sen. Joe Biden and Wallace, he didn’t exactly do that:

Are you willing, tonight, to condemn white supremacists and militia groups and to say that they need to stand down and not add to the violence in a number of these cities, as we saw in Kenosha and in Portland?

Sure I’m prepared to do that. (Biden interjects: Do it.) But I would say, I would say, almost everything I see is from the left wing, not the right wing.

© Copyright Original Source

Frank

Comment

Source: https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/donald-trump-proud-boys-debate-1068580/

What Did Trump Mean When He Told Proud Boys to ‘Stand Back and Stand By’?

During the debate, President Trump essentially gave a white supremacist group a shoutout

Asked to condemn white supremacists on Tuesday night, President Trump instead named a militant white supremacist group and issued a call to arms.

Moderator Chris Wallace asked Donald Trump if he was willing to “condemn white supremacists and militia groups.” He referenced cities such as Kenosha and Portland, hotbeds of civil unrest where much of the violence been initiated by far-right extremists and militia members.

At first, Trump appeared to be receptive to condemning far-right extremists, but when pressed by Sen. Joe Biden and Wallace, he didn’t exactly do that:

Are you willing, tonight, to condemn white supremacists and militia groups and to say that they need to stand down and not add to the violence in a number of these cities, as we saw in Kenosha and in Portland?

Sure I’m prepared to do that. (Biden interjects: Do it.) But I would say, I would say, almost everything I see is from the left wing, not the right wing.

© Copyright Original Source

Is this feeble attempt at distracting your way of admitting that you got caught pushing fake news yet again?

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
                        Does a FB page automatically prove he was politically and ideologically connected to the Antifa way of thinking?

Those who wish to infiltrate must pose as a like-minded individual.

"It ain't necessarily so
                        The things that you're liable
                        To read in the Bible
                        It ain't necessarily so
                        ."

Sportin' Life
                        Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

It may be a false flag but I will take as proof until proven otherwise.
                          "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            Is this feeble attempt at distracting your way of admitting that you got caught pushing fake news yet again?
                            Feeble attempt? It is Trump's own words emphasizing that the right is not the problem, and only the left, and he refused to condemn 'White Supremacy.'. I select the whole thing you pick only one phrase to try and rewrite the whole thing.

Frank

Comment

Feeble attempt? It is Trump's own words emphasizing that the right is not the problem, and only the left, and he refused to condemn 'White Supremacy.'. I select the whole thing you pick only one phrase to try and rewrite the whole thing.
                              You are always claiming that someone is changing the subject whenever you get a response that you don't like (even when it expressly addresses your post) and yet here you are quickly trying to change the subject after your OP blew up in your face.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
                                Does a FB page automatically prove he was politically and ideologically connected to the Antifa way of thinking?

Those who wish to infiltrate must pose as a like-minded individual.
                                Clearly it is a case of a secret double agent. I can tell merely because of your keen sense of things.

Comment