Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

White supremacists involved in the violence of BLM demonstrations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White supremacists involved in the violence of BLM demonstrations

I became curious when in Raleigh demonstrations this weekend those arrested for violence were mostly white.

Source: https://www.wsls.com/news/virginia/2020/07/27/police-richmond-riots-instigated-by-white-supremacists-disguised-as-black-lives-matter/

Police: Richmond riots instigated by white supremacists disguised as Black Lives Matter

RICHMOND, Va. – Riots in downtown Richmond over the weekend were instigated by white supremacists under the guise of Black Lives Matter, according to law enforcement officials.

Protesters tore down police tape and pushed forward toward Richmond police headquarters, where they set a city dump truck on fire.

Police declared the event an “unlawful assembly” and ordered people to leave, later deploying tear gas.

Six people were arrested. The mayor of Richmond thanked the Black Lives Matter protesters he said tried to stop the white supremacists from spearheading the violence.

“Their mission is simple, not the Richmond we know,” said Mayor Levar Stoney.

Besides the police department, damage also occurred in and around the VCU campus.

© Copyright Original Source

Last edited by shunyadragon; 09-27-2020, 08:43 AM.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
    I became curious when in Raleigh demonstrations this weekend those arrested for violence were mostly white.

Source: https://www.wsls.com/news/virginia/2020/07/27/police-richmond-riots-instigated-by-white-supremacists-disguised-as-black-lives-matter/

Police: Richmond riots instigated by white supremacists disguised as Black Lives Matter

RICHMOND, Va. – Riots in downtown Richmond over the weekend were instigated by white supremacists under the guise of Black Lives Matter, according to law enforcement officials.

Protesters tore down police tape and pushed forward toward Richmond police headquarters, where they set a city dump truck on fire.

Police declared the event an “unlawful assembly” and ordered people to leave, later deploying tear gas.

Six people were arrested. The mayor of Richmond thanked the Black Lives Matter protesters he said tried to stop the white supremacists from spearheading the violence.

Besides the police department, damage also occurred in and around the VCU campus.

I'm not sure what your point is.

Are you trying to dismiss all the violence perpetrated during the riots as caused by white supremacists?

Comment

Have you seen many of them lately?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I see no evidence that white supremacists were involved besides bare assertions.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          I see no evidence that white supremacists were involved besides bare assertions.
          Yeah. Exactly who are the unnamed "law enforcement officials"? A high ranking member in the department or some part-time dispatcher who lives next to the reporter.

I think the thing to watch here is if this gets picked up by the MSM. If not then I think it is safe to conclude that this is B.S. since this is just the sort of thing that fits so well into their narrative.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Yeah. Exactly who are the unnamed "law enforcement officials"? A high ranking member in the department or some part-time dispatcher who lives next to the reporter.

I think the thing to watch here is if this gets picked up by the MSM. If not then I think it is safe to conclude that this is B.S. since this is just the sort of thing that fits so well into their narrative.
            Even if it gets picked up by the MSM, that's still not a guarantee that it's not BS.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Even if it gets picked up by the MSM, that's still not a guarantee that it's not BS.
              True. But if they ignore it that is a pretty good sign.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

I'm not sure what your point is.

Are you trying to dismiss all the violence perpetrated during the riots as caused by white supremacists?
                No
                But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  Do have any other source that finds this inaccurate. The citation is from law enforcement and specific.

Frank

Comment

Do have any other source that finds this inaccurate. The citation is from law enforcement and specific.
                    No law enforcement person is named in your piece, we do not have the names of the arrested 'white supremacists' and their actual affiliations. And you have the gall to ask us for evidence?
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

No
                      Then what's your point.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Then what's your point.
                        White supremacists are involved in inciting violence in what was intended as peaceful demonstration.

Frank

Comment

White supremacists are involved in inciting violence in what was intended as peaceful demonstration.
                          No law enforcement person is named in your piece, we do not have the names of the arrested 'white supremacists' and their actual affiliations.

Comment

Yeah. That's a bad thing. Especially because the BLM crowd rarely needs help inciting violence in peaceful demonstrations.

Comment

Agent provocateurs have a long history.
                              "It ain't necessarily so
                              The things that you're liable
                              To read in the Bible
                              It ain't necessarily so
                              ."

Sportin' Life
                              Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment