Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Amy Coney Barrett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now Amy is a White colonizer...

Ibram X. Kendi, an American author who became the new director of the Center for Antiracist Research at Boston University in July, railed against Barrett on Twitter for adopting two Black children from Haiti, equating her and her husband to “White colonizers.”

“Some White colonizers ‘adopted’ Black children. They ‘civilized’ these ‘savage’ children in the ‘superior’ ways of White people, while using them as props in their lifelong pictures of denial, while cutting the biological parents of these children out of the picture of humanity,” Kendi wrote Saturday.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/trump-...-media-attacks
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

Ibram X. Kendi, an American author who became the new director of the Center for Antiracist Research at Boston University in July, railed against Barrett on Twitter for adopting two Black children from Haiti, equating her and her husband to “White colonizers.”

“Some White colonizers ‘adopted’ Black children. They ‘civilized’ these ‘savage’ children in the ‘superior’ ways of White people, while using them as props in their lifelong pictures of denial, while cutting the biological parents of these children out of the picture of humanity,” Kendi wrote Saturday.

If that were true, you'd think that Fox News (or somebody) could quote him railing against her for adopting two Black children, or calling her a White colonizer.

Newsweek has an explanation of his posts that seems to ring true:

"Some commentators, such as right-wing pundit Candace Owens, had suggested that this signifies she cannot be accused of being racist. Kendi argued, however, that adopting Black children does not necessarily mean a person is not racist, although he also did not call Barrett racist."

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

WHat's truly hilarious is how people like you on the left are suddenly screeching 'theocracy' now that Trump has put forth an able, expert, successful woman who happens to be religious, as if putting her into place as one person of 9, all of whom are religious (some of whom are Catholic just like her), will turn the country into a 'theocracy'. The utter hysteria and hyperbole from y'all is honestly rather entertaining.
        It's an improvement

Last time they said that Kavanaugh would cause millions of deaths or something like that.

Now the self-proclaimed party of tolerance and women's rights are attacking her because of her faith and questioning whether she can be on the SCOTUS and take care of her kids.

The 1950s called and they want their negative stereotypes back.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

Of course if the Barretts had adopted white children, then liberals would accuse them of being racist and ignoring the plight of black orphans.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

WHat's truly hilarious is how people like you on the left are suddenly screeching 'theocracy' now that Trump has put forth an able, expert, successful woman who happens to be religious, as if putting her into place as one person of 9, all of whom are religious (some of whom are Catholic just like her), will turn the country into a 'theocracy'. The utter hysteria and hyperbole from y'all is honestly rather entertaining.
            I asked an individual if they would like to live under a theocracy. They acknowledged they would but considered it unlikely to occur in the USA today. I then referred to certain members of the Christian Right and cited a fictitious authoritarian Christian theocracy that is portrayed in Margaret Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale. I also expressed my opinion on the dangers of historical theocracies and noted that such situations are open to abuse by those interpreting holy texts and those wielding power under such systems [Geneva and Daesh].

However, I do not imagine that the the appointment of one young women to the Supreme Court is about turn the USA into an authoritarian theocratic regime.
            "It ain't necessarily so
            The things that you're liable
            To read in the Bible
            It ain't necessarily so
            ."

Sportin' Life
            Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Ah, some more of those 'good manners' shining through. Absolutely no 'personal and abusive remarks' to be seen here, nosiree!

I can only respond to what people write.
              "It ain't necessarily so
              To read in the Bible
              It ain't necessarily so
              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                I don't think you understand the meaning of the term "presuppose". When a conclusion is based on the evidence,
                What evidence?
                "It ain't necessarily so
                To read in the Bible
                It ain't necessarily so
                ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Um, Isn't Biden a Catholic? Why aren't the democrats worried that he will turn the country into a theocracy if elected?

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
                    What evidence?
                    I thought you had read the Bible?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      Um, Isn't Biden a Catholic? Why aren't the democrats worried that he will turn the country into a theocracy if elected?
                      Probably because they know the real Joe Biden in all of his hair sniffing, groping, enriching himself and his family with foreign money glory.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

I can only respond to what people write.
                        Yet you chose to to not employ those 'good manners' you claim and did the thing you claim you don't do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          And Kamala Harris is a... a... smiley whisper-secret.gifBAPTIST!!!

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post

Then give me an example.
                            As I recollect you believe in demons. If I also recall correctly it was you who had an encounter with a floating leaf that was ascribed to some sort of divine intervention. If I am mistaken in that latter example, please excuse me.

However, believing in some form of demonic influence in this world is not generally considered to be overly rational.
                            "It ain't necessarily so
                            To read in the Bible
                            It ain't necessarily so
                            ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              Where is the attested historical evidence for an Israelite "nation" [your word] dating to around the 1200s BCE?
                              "It ain't necessarily so
                              To read in the Bible
                              It ain't necessarily so
                              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

Where is the attested historical evidence for an Israelite "nation" [your word] dating to around the 1200s BCE?

Comment