Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Amy Coney Barrett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seer View Post

Give me an example. Health Care? Abortion?
    And much more, voting rights, employment rights, gun rights, gay rights, regulations on industry, etc. All the usual right wing agenda. Welcome, again, to the 19th Century!
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post

And much more, voting rights, employment rights, gun rights, gay rights, regulations on industry, etc. All the usual right wing agenda. Welcome, again, to the 19th Century!
      Except the only thing that matters is whether a law or regulation is Constitutional. So it is more rightly the 18th Century. Constitutional principles are not right wing...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post

You used to be one of our better trolls, but your quality has really slipped lately. You need to step up your game and make your posts great again.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

You used to be one of our better trolls, but your quality has really slipped lately. You need to step up your game and make your posts great again.
          He is not funny anymore - just mean...
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
            Are you thinking solely with respect to abortion? I don't believe that in practice the court will do anything different at all on social issues. Abortion has always been a carrot the elites have taunted the Republican base with:
            Abortion is merely one issue. Gun rights is another major issue I'm glad she's on the court for.

And unlike some liberal fearmongering I'm not under the illusion that Roe will suddenly get overturned now that ACB is on the court. That's not how it works. But with her on the court theres a better chance of restrictions to the ability to abort to be upheld.

Sadly I think the only way Roe gets overturned is that there is a major moral awakening in the country where human life is finally respected and a constitutional amendment gets passed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
              Well the party that ran on conservative social values including being against abortion, got 1.5% of the vote in last week's election, which was enough to win them zero seats.
              So you're telling us most of your country are depraved sociopaths?

Comment

Maybe you could give me some pointers?
                “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
                  Abortion is merely one issue. Gun rights is another major issue I'm glad she's on the court for.

And unlike some liberal fearmongering I'm not under the illusion that Roe will suddenly get overturned now that ACB is on the court. That's not how it works. But with her on the court theres a better chance of restrictions to the ability to abort to be upheld.

Sadly I think the only way Roe gets overturned is that there is a major moral awakening in the country where human life is finally respected and a constitutional amendment gets passed.
                  Banning abortion is no way to respect human life. It was legalized exactly for humanitarian reasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post

Banning abortion is no way to respect human life. It was legalized exactly for humanitarian reasons.
                    So killing our own offspring by the truck load is a humanitarian good. I guess Mao was a great humanitarian...

Comment

That's what Hitler said when he set up extermination camps for the "undesirable" members of society.

Comment

• Liberals are complaining that Barrett's swearing-in ceremony was overtly political and therefore improper, calling it Barrett's "first mistake" as a Supreme Court justice. Of course these accusation are despite the fact that the ceremony followed the exact same procedure and protocol as previous swearing-in ceremonies, including those performed under Bill Clinton and Barack Obama.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortne...stake-n2578848

Comment

• Outrage looking for a place to happen.

Comment

Liberals are complaining that Barrett's swearing-in ceremony was overtly political and therefore improper, calling it Barrett's "first mistake" as a Supreme Court justice. Of course these accusation are despite the fact that the ceremony followed the exact same procedure and protocol as previous swearing-in ceremonies, including those performed under Bill Clinton and Barack Obama.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortne...stake-n2578848
                            The problem was the location, being at the White House, and the lack of independence that indicates.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post

So killing our own offspring by the truck load is a humanitarian good. I guess Mao was a great humanitarian...
                              As I have often said, nearly nobody objects to killing. Some folks simply have an irrational sensitivity around killing human fetal tissue, just because it is human. It is called speciesism. It is a very cruel philosophy and must be abandoned.

Comment

The problem was the location, being at the White House, and the lack of independence that indicates.
                                Don't be a moron. Swearing in a justice at the White House is not unprecedented. Ginsburg took her oath at the White House while Bill Clinton was president, as did Roberts during George Bush's tenure. Also Anthony Kennedy under Ronald Regan.
                                Last edited by Mountain Man; 10-27-2020, 11:42 AM.

Comment