Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Liberal reporter tried to buy gun, was denied because of background check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    how did they find out he had a domestic violence charge against him, Jesse?

Did they do a... background check?
    TAH says they already knew about it.
    Clarification: Steinberg did fill out an ATF 4473. he didn’t lie on the form which asks the respondent if they have ever been *convicted* in a court of a domestic violence misdemeanor and, apparently, Steinberg wasn’t convicted (even though you or I would have been convicted). He made a big deal about his arrest and his “come to Jesus” moment in the paper and in his book “Drunkard”. Because he doesn’t have a conviction, he also has a Firearm Owners Identification (FOID) card.

Steinberg didn’t pop hot on the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) check because he doesn’t have a conviction, and he didn’t lie on his ATF 4473.

Everyone in Chicago knows about his escapades as a drunk and a wife beater because he wrote about it, the staff at Maxon knew about his past and they denied his purchase based on Steinberg’s own admissions in his writings about it. The firearms dealer has the final say in whether you get a gun or not and because of Steinberg’s local reputation, they decided not to take a chance on him. I hope that answers your questions.

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
      TAH says they already knew about it.
      Clarification: Steinberg did fill out an ATF 4473. he didn’t lie on the form which asks the respondent if they have ever been *convicted* in a court of a domestic violence misdemeanor and, apparently, Steinberg wasn’t convicted (even though you or I would have been convicted). He made a big deal about his arrest and his “come to Jesus” moment in the paper and in his book “Drunkard”. Because he doesn’t have a conviction, he also has a Firearm Owners Identification (FOID) card.

Steinberg didn’t pop hot on the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) check because he doesn’t have a conviction, and he didn’t lie on his ATF 4473.

Everyone in Chicago knows about his escapades as a drunk and a wife beater because he wrote about it, the staff at Maxon knew about his past and they denied his purchase based on Steinberg’s own admissions in his writings about it. The firearms dealer has the final say in whether you get a gun or not and because of Steinberg’s local reputation, they decided not to take a chance on him. I hope that answers your questions.
      so basically they knew about his background. Seems like a distinction without a difference to me.

personally though I think they decided NOT to sell him a gun because they knew he was going to write a negative article about guns, and why help him in that endeavor? Can't say I blame them.

Comment

This is probably why they refused to sell the reporter the AR15. To prevent him from writing an entirely BS story like this reporter did, claiming firing an AR15 at a shooting range bruised his shoulder and gave him PTSD

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...3201?cid=bitly

In actuality, AR15's are not that loud and have almost zero kick. As shown in this video response to that article:

Comment