Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Why Do Liberals Keep Trying To Control Speech?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EvoUK View Post
    Wow.

I know you tend to go for the funnies and stuff, but can't tell if this is meant seriously or meant to be humorous..?
    If you want to understand Meh Gerbil's motivation just ask yourself the question: "What is most likely to cause drama?"

Almost every statement is about making that happen on one level or another.

It really is no more complicated than that.
    I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      What are you talking about? Islam has never been against war, and even today Muslims practice slavery. I'm sorry Ali was just a coward and hid behind his religion.
      I can't recall a war the USA fought that the Christian right had any objections to - and they're usually the first to suggest it.

Comment

Then why did the judge say it was unconstitutional?
        The order doesn't say that. Just that 1) the plaintiff has sufficiently established a case, and 2) there's serious room for concern to the point enforcement should be curtailed until a verdict can be reached.

FWIW: Facial challenge
        I'm not here anymore.

Comment

What are you talking about? Islam has never been against war, and even today Muslims practice slavery. I'm sorry Ali was just a coward and hid behind his religion.

Comment

Originally posted by EvoUK View Post
            Wow.

I know you tend to go for the funnies and stuff, but can't tell if this is meant seriously or meant to be humorous..?
            For fun let's take the theory for a test spin:

1) Sexualize kids at as early of an age as possible via sex education. Check.
            2) Promote hyper-sexualized culture. Check.
            3) Dehumanize inconvenient fruit of illicit sex via abortion/morning after pill to make clean up easier. Check.
            4) Diminish parental control leaving children vulnerable. Check.
            5) Downplay sexual deviancy. Check.
            6) Flood our schools with mind numbing pills. Check.

If I circumvented a child's parents, gave the kid mind numbing pills, assaulted the kid with hypersexualized imagery, and made sure pregnancy termination was at the ready, and actively pursued confusing the child's morality I'd be engaging in what is known as "grooming".

I think it is a pretty solid theory.
            Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
              I can't recall a war the USA fought that the Christian right had any objections to - and they're usually the first to suggest it.
              Yep.
              Blood-thirsty lot.
              Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

And? The point is, Ali claiming that his Muslim religion is what prevented him from fighting is nonsensical. He should have been honest and just admitted that he was scared.
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

And? The point is, Ali claiming that his Muslim religion is what prevented him from fighting is nonsensical. He should have been honest and just admitted that he was scared.
                  The stand he took against the war was more racially motivated than religious. And least that's the argument he made at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
                    The order doesn't say that. Just that 1) the plaintiff has sufficiently established a case, and 2) there's serious room for concern to the point enforcement should be curtailed until a verdict can be reached.
                    No the Judge says exactly that: Chief U.S. District Judge James C. Dever III, calling his action “in the public interest,” issued a preliminary injunction Saturday against NC State’s speech permit policy, saying it violates the students’ First Amendment right to freedom of speech.
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                      The stand he took against the war was more racially motivated than religious. And least that's the argument he made at the time.
                      Probably, though he did use religion. In any case I have no use for the man. Me and a number of my friends enlisted during the war, and I can't tell you how many good black men I knew in the Corps. Brave men who did 2 or 3 combat tours.

Comment

Stop being an idiot, because you are not making any sense. Do you even know what you are saying?

Comment

No the Judge says exactly that: Chief U.S. District Judge James C. Dever III, calling his action “in the public interest,” issued a preliminary injunction Saturday against NC State’s speech permit policy, saying it violates the students’ First Amendment right to freedom of speech.
                          Read the actual order, not what people say he said. At least attempt to find a source that's not trying to spin it a certain way.
                          I'm not here anymore.

Comment

I said nothing about poor, oppressed Christians. The fact is they did prevent this group from speaking in the very situations or manner that other groups were allowed to speak. That is an infringement of their First Amendment Rights. Again, the left's hypocrisy and double standard.
                            No, this particular university at worst failed to properly enforce its policies. There is no hint here of some broad left-wing to infringe upon the First Amendment right of Christians--especially considering, once again, that regulating the specific place that a group can speak is not a violation of the First Amendment.

What do you mean the worse? Didn't their founder make war and own slaves?
                            The number of Muslims in the West who are unconditionally pro-war and believe it's okay to own slaves is essentially non-existent. There is no reason to doubt Ali on that point.
                            Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
                              Read the actual order, not what people say he said. At least attempt to find a source that's not trying to spin it a certain way.
                              Well I am going by a few articles I read, but I can not find the actual order - if you have it please link it.

Comment

Originally posted by fm93 View Post
                                No, this particular university at worst failed to properly enforce its policies. There is no hint here of some broad left-wing to infringe upon the First Amendment right of Christians--especially considering, once again, that regulating the specific place that a group can speak is not a violation of the First Amendment.
                                Do you believe that speech codes on campus violate free speech? And if you allow Johnny to speak but not Joe, you certainly are curtailing Joe's right.

The number of Muslims in the West who are unconditionally pro-war and believe it's okay to own slaves is essentially non-existent. There is no reason to doubt Ali on that point.
                                I will ask again, did their founder make war and own slaves?

Comment