Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Hillary's Troubles Solidify

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will be interesting to keep an eye on the future careers of Lynch and Comey, particularly if (when) Hillary takes office.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
      http://www.nytimes.com/live/james-co...fore-congress/

Representative Mark Meadows, Republican of North Carolina, pressed the witness on whether Mrs. Clinton should have recognized the notation. “I think it’s possible she didn’t understand what a ‘C’ meant when she saw it in the body of an email,” Mr. Comey replied.
      Marked with a "C" is not what you said, what you said was that she didn't understand what "classified" meant. Classified is supposed to be marked "classified", whereas "c" means confidential. I know, not a big difference, but there were I believe three such markings within thousands of documents and she definitely screwed up, whether intentionally or not, just as did Colin powell and Condelisa Rice before her, though no one called for an investigation of their activity. The point is there was no evidence of criminal intent and I don't think anyone supporting Clinton is going to switch their vote to Donald Trump as a result of this witch hunt, which is all that it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        .... just as did Colin powell and Condelisa Rice before her, ...
        Jim, there is a MAJOR difference. Powell and Rice did not maintain their own servers. A personal email server is way less secure than even Gmail. I believe the FBI director even pointed that out.

This is one of those talking points (the "other people did it") advanced by liberals who have no idea at all how internet security and protocols work. It only shows that the person making the claim is ignorant of the topic in general.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Marked with a "C" is not what you said, what you said was that she didn't understand what "classified" meant. Classified is supposed to be marked "classified", whereas "c" means confidential. I know, not a big difference, but there were I believe three such markings within thousands of documents and she definitely screwed up, whether intentionally or not, just as did Colin powell and Condelisa Rice before her, though no one called for an investigation of their activity. The point is there was no evidence of criminal intent and I don't think anyone supporting Clinton is going to switch their vote to Donald Trump as a result of this witch hunt, which is all that it is.
          Confidential is a level of classification, Jim.
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Your ignorance is showing Jim. IN-DOCUMENT, each paragraph is marked either <U> or <C>. There is no difference in markings in the body of the email for the different levels of classification. Please just stop talking about things you don't understand.
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• JimL, you are such a tool it's not even funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Jim, there is a MAJOR difference. Powell and Rice did not maintain their own servers. A personal email server is way less secure than even Gmail. I believe the FBI director even pointed that out.

This is one of those talking points (the "other people did it") advanced by liberals who have no idea at all how internet security and protocols work. It only shows that the person making the claim is ignorant of the topic in general.
                Not according to the state dept.

mediamatters.org/blog/2016/03/07/state-dept-concludes-past-secretaries-of-state/209044

Comment

• do you know what a private email server IS, versus a private email account, which your links says?

Comment

• First of all, you're not citing the State Department, you're citing a very biased source.
                    Secondly, it doesn't say at all what you think it says.
                    You really need to stop this, Jim - because your biased site talks about "email accounts", not email SERVERS.

I'll try to make this simple....

An email account - like Gmail - is hosted on servers run by professional companies that include guaranteed uptime, security (both physical and digital), backups (both power and data). There is a reasonable amount of security to be expected, but even these can be hacked without great difficulty. They require HUGE staffs of infrastructure people, security monitors, technical engineers, etc....

A "home brewed server" is what Hillary was used. It did not have ANYWHERE NEAR the restrictions on physical access or digital access that Gmail or Yahoo or other mail systems use.

It's not the same - Hillary used email accounts on unsecured servers that her own incompetent staff managed. NOT the same as Powell and Rice using "publicly available" email accounts, though that's a bad thing to do, as well.

EVEN IF there was a comparison, the EXTENT to which Hillary used her own private email server (and numerous email accounts) for the transmission of CLASSIFIED INFORMATION was exposed by the FBI director as extremely careless, which is the very definition of "extreme negligence".
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      First of all, you're not citing the State Department, you're citing a very biased source.
                      Secondly, it doesn't say at all what you think it says.
                      You really need to stop this, Jim - because your biased site talks about "email accounts", not email SERVERS.

I'll try to make this simple....

An email account - like Gmail - is hosted on servers run by professional companies that include guaranteed uptime, security (both physical and digital), backups (both power and data). There is a reasonable amount of security to be expected, but even these can be hacked without great difficulty. They require HUGE staffs of infrastructure people, security monitors, technical engineers, etc....

A "home brewed server" is what Hillary was used. It did not have ANYWHERE NEAR the restrictions on physical access or digital access that Gmail or Yahoo or other mail systems use.

It's not the same - Hillary used email accounts on unsecured servers that her own incompetent staff managed. NOT the same as Powell and Rice using "publicly available" email accounts, though that's a bad thing to do, as well.

EVEN IF there was a comparison, the EXTENT to which Hillary used her own private email server (and numerous email accounts) for the transmission of CLASSIFIED INFORMATION was exposed by the FBI director as extremely careless, which is the very definition of "extreme negligence".
                      has JimL ever shown himself to be other than completely clueless and just a liberal shill? He is exactly the type of voter that Hillary is counting on. Unfortunately there are a lot of "useful idiots" out there just like JimL who just eat up the liberal talking points and lies

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        has JimL ever shown himself to be other than completely clueless and just a liberal shill? He is exactly the type of voter that Hillary is counting on. Unfortunately there are a lot of "useful idiots" out there just like JimL who just eat up the liberal talking points and lies
                        I'm being much nicer to him, hoping to open his eyes. He's using the same old worn tired talking liberal points, obviously, from people who are committed to Hillary, but have no knowledge whatsoever of how email actually works.

Comment

• On the "it wasn't intentional" excuse...

The State Department has a manual, 12 FAM 550, which is by authority of Executive Order 12958, National Security Information, dated April 20, 1995.

Source: 12 FAM 558

Incidents involving intentional or grossly negligent release or mishandling of classified information may be subject to criminal penalties. An illustrative list of criminal statutes establishing penalties of fine and imprisonment for the release of classified information is set forth in 12 FAM 558 Exhibit 558.

Notice the "OR"... that means it isn't just intentional release that is subject to criminal penalties.
                          That's what
                          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• In an unusual move, FBI agents working the Hillary Clinton email case had to sign a special form reminding them not to blab about the probe to anyone unless called to testify.

Sources said they had never heard of the “Case Briefing Acknowledgment” form being used before, although all agents must initially sign nondisclosure agreements to obtain security clearance.

“This is very, very unusual. I’ve never signed one, never circulated one to others,” said one retired FBI chief.

An FBI agent currently on the job admitted, “I have never heard of such a form. Sounds strange.”

Meanwhile, FBI agents expressed their “disappointment” over FBI Director James Comey’s decision not to recommend charges against Clinton, sources close to the matter told The Post.

“FBI agents believe there was an inside deal put in place after the Loretta Lynch/Bill Clinton tarmac meeting,” said one source.

http://nypost.com/2016/07/12/fbi-age...llarys-emails/
                            I would add Comey to that party. Pretty much open and shut at this point. The Dallas shooting must have been like manna from heaven to Hillary.

Comment