Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

I think I've decided to vote for hillary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
    Amazing! Somehow a person knows all the millions of losers and all the millions of gainers. What's more, she could determine that the good that gainers got outweighs the bad that the losers got. I am awestruck.
    My wife is a winner, and many of my friends. I am not a great advocate of Obamacare, but the failure of many generations of politicians to 'Bell the Cat' and solve the problem. Truman proposed a workable healthcare plan
    and it was rejected with paranoid fears, and every administration and congress since has failed to present a plan that would solve the problems. We have Obamacare in part because of this huge neglect and when Republicans were in charge they offered nothing to solve the problems. The Republicans refused to have any input when Obamacare was enacted and now refuse to propose a working reform. They just want to repeal it without offering an alternative. Not a great track record controled by interference by the insurance companies.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
      I don't think so...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0646cbeeb1b1c

But it was a tribute to her sense of humor.
      That makes a lot more sense.
      I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
        I just think that's the wrong word to use in the same context. Pacifism to me denotes doing nothing even if you're attacked. Interventionism to me denotes getting involved in foreign matters that don't concern us, or only concern a few against the many. They're like night and day.
        That might be a lack of information on your part, then. Certainly there are absolute pacifists that will not act violently even in self-defense, but that is neither required nor the norm. It's possible to consider all violence morally wrong even while recognizing there are some instances where it's unavoidable. It's also possible, and I'd say more common, for pacifists to view violence as an absolute last resort that's only available as a means of defense.
        I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          Yeah. There's been a lot of stories of people who say they will move up here if so-and-so wins. Like Alex Baldwin if GWB got in for a second term, etc. Seems they are as full of hot air as the politicians, as they haven't moved here......yet.

I say to them, who says we want your kind here? Stay in your own mess.
          Half of all celebrities in hollywood are already Candadian. They would just be going home.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
            That might be a lack of information on your part, then. Certainly there are absolute pacifists that will not act violently even in self-defense, but that is neither required nor the norm. It's possible to consider all violence morally wrong even while recognizing there are some instances where it's unavoidable. It's also possible, and I'd say more common, for pacifists to view violence as an absolute last resort that's only available as a means of defense.
            Technically speaking, yeah. But a lot of people view the word the way I do, which is why it's often used as a pejorative term. I know, because I've had it used against me in the past for my anti-interventionist views on foreign policy. I've heard it wrongly used against people like Ron Paul for his anti-interventionist views. It's easy to create a false dichotomy against anti-interventionists by those who are exceptionally fond of unnecessarily intervening in wars and conflicts all over the world.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
              Technically speaking, yeah. But a lot of people view the word the way I do, which is why it's often used as a pejorative term. I know, because I've had it used against me in the past for my anti-interventionist views on foreign policy. I've heard it wrongly used against people like Ron Paul for his anti-interventionist views. It's easy to create a false dichotomy against anti-interventionists by those who are exceptionally fond of unnecessarily intervening in wars and conflicts all over the world.
              Because life isn't confusing enough, we use the same word in multiple ways.
              I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                Half of all celebrities in hollywood are already Candadian. They would just be going home.
                You can keep those ones, too.

Unless they are conservative.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment