Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Saudi Arabia threatens to dump their US treasuries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saudi Arabia threatens to dump their US treasuries

If Congress passes 911 bill, which pretty much confirms the Saudis were involved in 911 to some capacity...

Our oil buds.

I wonder what the Saudi Arabia apologists on this board think about all this?

Originally posted by seanD View Post
    If Congress passes 911 bill, which pretty much confirms the Saudis were involved in 911 to some capacity...

Our oil buds.

I wonder what the Saudi Arabia apologists on this board think about all this?
    It's a free market, they can do what they want
    Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
    1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
    -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
      It's a free market, they can do what they want
      In that case, they should have done it a long time ago.

Comment

But seriously, they are a separate sovereign nation to you guys. They are doing nothing wrong with saying "if you do XYZ, then we will do ABC"

Countries do that to each other all the time.
        Businesses do that to each other all the time.
        Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
        1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
        -Ben Witherington III

Comment

9/11 scandal on TV?

9/11 scandal on TV. An explanation why Saudi leaders threatened to dump hundreds of billion dollars of American assets on the market. see SeanD's thread http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post310740

The following link explains what could be a government coverup.
          http://www.cbsnews.com/news/60-minut...t-steve-kroft/

The Deep State of the USA is in cahoots with the Saud house of Saudi Arabia, apparently.

Also read the Overtime reports on the same page if you have time.
          The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

I think the main point here, at least what I'm interested in, is not necessarily the act itself but why they're threatening to do it; the possibility that the Saudis were involved in 911, which then dovetails the 28 pages of the 911 commission report that Bush and now Obama have gone through great pains to keep covert under the usual guise of national security. I was curious what the Saudi apologists here had to say about that possibility but I honestly wasn't expecting to get very many replies specifically on that issue, if any.

Comment

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Maybe I should clear this up because it's so obfuscated in the MSM even I was getting it wrong.

The official claim is that the 911 Commission Report, which was printed for the public, exonerates Saudi Arabia's involvement. But according to the CNN report I linked in the OP, two of the Commission members have claimed that this is not so. I'm not sure what to make of that because I haven't looked at the Commission Report myself.

However, the 28 pages doesn't come from the 911 Commission Report as I initially thought, but from a joint Congressional investigation that had occurred before the 911 Commission Report was published. And this document, from which the 28 pages are derived, does in fact connect Saudi government officials, according to the CNN report.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                  Maybe I should clear this up because it's so obfuscated in the MSM even I was getting it wrong.

The official claim is that the 911 Commission Report, which was printed for the public, exonerates Saudi Arabia's involvement. But according to the CNN report I linked in the OP, two of the Commission members have claimed that this is not so. I'm not sure what to make of that because I haven't looked at the Commission Report myself.

However, the 28 pages doesn't come from the 911 Commission Report as I initially thought, but from a joint Congressional investigation that had occurred before the 911 Commission Report was published. And this document, from which the 28 pages are derived, does in fact connect Saudi government officials, according to the CNN report.
                  We can't even agree on who killed Kennedy.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    We can't even agree on who killed Kennedy.
                    Which one? No matter, the answer is "after all it was you and me." You better not know where that comes from

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Which one? No matter, the answer is "after all it was you and me." You better not know where that comes from
                      Rolling Stones

Comment

Rolling Stones

smiley jawdrop.gif I'm definitely telling mom!

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15065[/ATTACH] I'm definitely telling mom!
                          I had about 18 months of ugly rebellion.

Comment

I had about 18 months of ugly rebellion.
                            And you remember every moment in glorious detail

Comment

And you remember every moment in glorious detail
                              I think there's about 3 months totally unaccounted for, but... yeah.

Comment