Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Saudi Arabia threatens to dump their US treasuries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I think there's about 3 months totally unaccounted for, but... yeah.
    0000000000can't disagree.jpg

I only have one night like that. And the wee bit I do remember ...

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
      I wonder what the Saudi Arabia apologists on this board think about all this?
      We have Saudi Arabia apologists?
      I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
        We have Saudi Arabia apologists?
        I remember years ago on the old tweb I brought up the Saudis involvement in 911 and a few members came at me for even suggesting such a thing. Two members that come to mind are Darth Executor and OBP, but my recollection is a bit foggy. I'm not one to hold a grudge, but how I wish I could retrieve those old posts lol. In my experience, conservatives seem to hold the most clemency towards the Saudis. I'm guessing it has something to do with Bush fanboyism.

Comment

I remember years ago on the old tweb I brought up the Saudis involvement in 911 and a few members came at me for even suggesting such a thing. Two members that come to mind are Darth Executor and OBP, but my recollection is a bit foggy. I'm not one to hold a grudge, but how I wish I could retrieve those old posts lol. In my experience, conservatives seem to hold the most clemency towards the Saudis. I'm guessing it has something to do with Bush fanboyism.
          Oh. I don't put much past DE.
          I'm not here anymore.

Comment

They pass the bill lol...

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-actio...e-saudi-arabia

Now let's if the Saudis were bluffing. In light of the oil market turmoil diminishing their fortunes, I think we can probably guess the answer.

Comment

Now let's if the Saudis were bluffing. In light of the oil market turmoil diminishing their fortunes, I think we can probably guess the answer.
              Well, I think Obama will veto it, no? So we'll see if the Senate Dems override the veto like they're threatening to do.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Well, I think Obama will veto it, no? So we'll see if the Senate Dems override the veto like they're threatening to do.
                I doubt Obama will veto it. If he does, he'll stand alone. Does he really want to wear that burden of having the public wonder why he's siding with a foreign government against the wishes of Americans that were victims of 911? If he does, there are influences behind this that are more powerful than I imagined. But it will be fun to watch nevertheless. Either Obama getting his image tarnished even more than it is, or watching the Saudis get their bluff called.

Comment

From that link:

"The bill would allow victims of terror attacks on U.S. soil or surviving family members to bring lawsuits against nation-states for activities supporting terrorism."

I find this extremely laughable. Such hubris.
                  I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
                    From that link:

"The bill would allow victims of terror attacks on U.S. soil or surviving family members to bring lawsuits against nation-states for activities supporting terrorism."

I find this extremely laughable. Such hubris.
                    Yeah, I'm kinda.... I think this is one of those "let's pass this bill cause it makes us look like we care" situations, where nothing will really come of it.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I would think most citizens would be afraid to bring a suit, thinking they are putting a target on their back. Also, just because WE say it is legal, doesn't mean the other country will agree. If someone in Afganistan tried to sue America, we would not allow it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        I would think most citizens would be afraid to bring a suit, thinking they are putting a target on their back. Also, just because WE say it is legal, doesn't mean the other country will agree. If someone in Afganistan tried to sue America, we would not allow it.
                        Yeah, I think that's what the Obama admin is using as their rationale not to go along.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          Also, just because WE say it is legal, doesn't mean the other country will agree. If someone in Afganistan tried to sue America, we would not allow it.
                          That's what I meant by hubris. A sovereign nation does not answer to members of another nation.
                          I'm not here anymore.

Comment