Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

So A Fetus Is Now A Person Or Child...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So A Fetus Is Now A Person Or Child...

According to Hillary:

Democratic primary front-runner Hillary Clinton ran afoul of both the pro-life and pro-choice sides of the abortion debate Sunday when she said constitutional rights do not apply to an “unborn person” or “child.”

“The unborn person doesn’t have constitutional rights,” Mrs. Clinton said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.” “Now that doesn’t mean that we don’t do everything we possibly can in the vast majority of instances to, you know, help a mother who is carrying a child and wants to make sure that child will be healthy, to have appropriate medical support.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...constitutiona/
    But that person, that child, is not worthy of Constitutional protection!
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

It's cognitive dissonance. The value of the mother's bodily autonomy wins out over the value of the unborn. And it's nauseating.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
      It's cognitive dissonance. The value of the mother's bodily autonomy wins out over the value of the unborn. And it's nauseating.
      But it slipped out didn't it! I bet the pro-deathers will make her walk it back!
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        According to Hillary:

But that person, that child, is not worthy of Constitutional protection!
        Does she actually think it's not a person? It's possible to think a fetus is a person and still not support abolishing abortion. It's a messy subject. I could be wrong, but I don't think kids are fully protected under the Constitution, either.
        I'm not here anymore.

Comment

There is no constitutional RIGHT to life. The constitution says that any rights not enumerated do not mean that they don't exist. The declaration of independence says

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

so the DoC and Constitution recognize that all men (read persons) have unalienable rights, like to LIFE, endowed by God.

So if the fetus is a person, then Hillary just said that it has a right to life. Fini.

Comment

Donchaknow bout the Schrodinger's fetus? It magically stops being a person if aborted. tongue:
            If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
              Donchaknow bout the Schrodinger's fetus? It magically stops being a person if aborted. tongue:
              . . . or becomes a unperson.

Comment

She's getting it from both sides. Pro-choice advocates are not happy that she even admitted that it's a person (because once you've admitted that much it's difficult to salvage the pro-choice position).

This was what you would call a gaffe.
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                  She's getting it from both sides. Pro-choice advocates are not happy that she even admitted that it's a person (because once you've admitted that much it's difficult to salvage the pro-choice position).

This was what you would call a gaffe.
                  It really only matters because Hillary is so high profile. Some pro abortion peons have admitted the fetus is a person for years.
                  Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                    It really only matters because Hillary is so high profile. Some pro abortion peons have admitted the fetus is a person for years.
                    Murder is apparently a-ok if the potential victims can't complain about it.

Comment

They play fast and loose with definitions like that all the time. It's a baby and a person when it is convenient, but when it isn't, it's a fetus or a clump of cells...
                      That's what
                      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Aren't we all organized clumps of cells?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          There is no constitutional RIGHT to life. The constitution says that any rights not enumerated do not mean that they don't exist. The declaration of independence says

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

so the DoC and Constitution recognize that all men (read persons) have unalienable rights, like to LIFE, endowed by God.
                          I don't think you actually know what the Constitution says.

Source: 14th Amendment

Section 1.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

© Copyright Original Source

The trick, of course, is that 'due process of law'. You can be killed, it just has to be done a certain way. That's how the death penalty is allowed, after all.

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          So if the fetus is a person, then Hillary just said that it has a right to life. Fini.
                          Unless it can be denied through due process, which is what happened.
                          I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                            Aren't we all organized clumps of cells?
                            Yep. We still make delineations on what clumps we wish to preserve. You wouldn't be in favor of leaving cancerous tumors in the body on the basis of them being 'organized clumps of cells'.
                            I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
                              Yep. We still make delineations on what clumps we wish to preserve. You wouldn't be in favor of leaving cancerous tumors in the body on the basis of them being 'organized clumps of cells'.
                              A cancerous tumor is not "organized" in the same way a zygote/embryo/fetus is. A tumor a portion of a self-contained and self-driven organism. The same can not be said of the zygote/embryo/fetus.
                              That's what
                              - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment