Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump on abortion, pro-choice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump on abortion, pro-choice?

Will the real Trumpus please stand up and make it clear what his stance is on abortion? I do not think he even knows.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei....0cqt90//short

Essentially Trump is pro-choice, but recently his statements are all over the place.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
    Will the real Trumpus please stand up and make it clear what his stance is on abortion? I do not think he even knows.

Essentially Trump is pro-choice, but recently his statements are all over the place.
    Trump is an unprincipled fraud and will take whatever position it is that he thinks will get him elected. But of course that is oh so obvious to anyone with half a brain.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Trump is an unprincipled fraud and will take whatever position it is that he thinks will get him elected. But of course that is oh so obvious to anyone with half a brain.
      And that speaks poorly of the dishonesty and abuse by the federal government. The government has gotten bad enough that a clown like Trump is a betteer choice than any one of the elite rulers.
      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Not even a little bit. If you bothered to read what he said, he was pro-choice until about 2005 or 2006 when a good friend's wife had a baby after considering abortion. It changed his mind. It happens you know...
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

...then he said that abortion laws should stay the same. That is, by default, not pro-life.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-t...abortion-laws/
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
            ...then he said that abortion laws should stay the same. That is, by default, not pro-life.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-t...abortion-laws/
            That's not true at all. He's smart and realizes that changing the laws will be fruitless because the SCOTUS will just discard them. There's no point in even trying until we can get a conservative majority on the court. So, yes, Trump is correct. The laws should stay the way they are until RvW is overturned. Only then can any progress be made from a legislative standpoint.
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
              Not even a little bit. If you bothered to read what he said, he was pro-choice until about 2005 or 2006 when a good friend's wife had a baby after considering abortion. It changed his mind. It happens you know...
              Read his recent statements again. As noted in the reference given he believes the current laws should not be changed.
              But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                That's not true at all. He's smart and realizes that changing the laws will be fruitless because the SCOTUS will just discard them. There's no point in even trying until we can get a conservative majority on the court. So, yes, Trump is correct. The laws should stay the way they are until RvW is overturned. Only then can any progress be made from a legislative standpoint.
                Read again, that is not what Donny Trump says his position is. If you think your view is the case cite Donny specifically.

Since his statements are often contradictory and confusing his views are not clear.
                Last edited by shunyadragon; 04-03-2016, 04:13 PM.

Frank

Comment

Read his recent statements again. As noted in the reference given he believes the current laws should not be changed.
                  I watched the whole interview Shuny. I know what he was talking about.
                  That's what
                  - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

BTW I'm with KG, if someone says "the abortion laws should remain the same" that is not pro-life. BTW I do not believe in anyway shape or form that the GOP is very pro-life at this point Trump included...
                    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                    George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                      BTW I'm with KG, if someone says "the abortion laws should remain the same" that is not pro-life.
                      That's an out of context sound bite. Trump said that the courts were where the change had to happen. And that is factually accurate.

BTW I do not believe in anyway shape or form that the GOP is very pro-life at this point Trump included...
                      Well, the GOP is comprised of different types of people, so saying they are or aren't isn't defensible. Some are, some aren't.
                      That's what
                      - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment