Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

More Liberal Facism Boys And Girls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Liberal Facism Boys And Girls

So this professor is going to be fired for defending the free expression of a student. When are you good liberals going to see what is happening, that many on your side are in fact practicing the clear suppression of speech and ideas. Does this sit well with you?

It was announced Thursday, which was (doubtless intentionally) the eve of the Good Friday holiday, and in the middle of March Madness. Marquette has decided how to punish this blogger for a post that revealed how an instructor in the Philosophy Department bullied a student who wanted to express his opposition to gay marriage in class. He was told “you don’t have a right in this class to make homophobic comments,” and further that it would be “offensive” to any gay students in the class if any such opinion was expressed.

Marquette reacted by telling us we would be stripped of tenure and fired.

After more than a year of legal wrangling and delay, Marquette President Michael Lovell, this past Thursday, sent to the Marquette community the following announcement...
    http://www.mu-warrior.blogspot.com/2...e-warrior.html
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

wow. Liberal Totalitarianism strikes again.

Comment

This is pathetic...
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
        This is pathetic...
        Why don't our liberal friends on this board denounce these tactics? Do they agree with them?
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

No surprise here.
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Back in my day it was the political left that were the biggest supporters of freedom of speech - especially on college campuses - many of these are now in academia. What happened?

Comment

Not only did they mistreat the student, but then they suspended the teacher who defended the student. And the defense was not even that controversial. Here read the blog entry that caused him to be suspended: http://mu-warrior.blogspot.com/2014/...uctor-gay.html

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                Back in my day it was the political left that were the biggest supporters of freedom of speech - especially on college campuses - many of these are now in academia. What happened?
                Power corrupts. Once they were in charge, they decided that only their opinion was valid.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  Power corrupts. Once they were in charge, they decided that only their opinion was valid.
                  Obviously - remember their mantra back then - "I may disagree with what you are saying, but I will fight to the death to protect your right to say it." I guess that was BS...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                    Obviously - remember their mantra back then - "I may disagree with what you are saying, but I will fight to the death to protect your right to say it." I guess that was BS...
                    Uh I dont think any liberal ever said THAT. A liberal FIGHTING, to the DEATH to protect MY rights? Never happened. They all ran to Canada to avoid doing just that.

Comment

Seer, the professor is being fired for, allegedly, misrepresenting facts and naming a member of faculty. This is in light of naming students twice before. I recommend this article from the Atlantic that frames the issue, rightly IMO, as concerning academic criticism rather than anything to do with the student.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        I don't think this has anything to do with power. I think this is just how most people function a la "either you agree with me or you're an idiot".
                        I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Isn't it a suspension, not an outright firing?
                          Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
                            Isn't it a suspension, not an outright firing?
                            The decision involves a suspension and a letter of apology. The professor in question refuses to write the letter and claims his employer knew this, so the professor considers it a firing.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                              Seer, the professor is being fired for, allegedly, misrepresenting facts and naming a member of faculty. This is in light of naming students twice before. I recommend this article from the Atlantic that frames the issue, rightly IMO, as concerning academic criticism rather than anything to do with the student.
                              Why was it wrong to mention the teachers name? And where did he misrepresent anything?

Comment