Announcement

Collapse

Biblical Ethics 301 Guidelines

This forum is for Christians to discuss ethical issues within Christianity. Non-theists, non-christians, and unorthodox Christians should not post here without first getting permission from the area's moderators.

If you have a question about what's OK and what's not OK, please contact the moderators.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

.Should a Christian attend a gay wedding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .Should a Christian attend a gay wedding?

I was wondering what people's views are about whether Christians should attend gay weddings.

How would you respond if you were invited to a gay wedding?

No. My presence would imply I condone the practice.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      No. My presence would imply I condone the practice.
      ^ That.

Comment

Yeah, me, too not.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Me too not on that..
          Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Me, too, fifth.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I'm with Pig and those who followed.
              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

No.
                The State. Ideas so good they have to be mandatory.

sigpic

Comment

There are Christians who risk their jobs over not performing a service for a gay wedding, so a Christian who intentionally attends a gay wedding is a slap in the face to them.

How would you respond if you were invited to a gay wedding?
                  Politely decline if asked personally, just don't show up if it was an invitation in the mail.
                  "Faith is nothing less than the will to keep one's mind fixed precisely on what reason has discovered to it." - Edward Feser

Comment

Originally posted by Soyeong View Post
                    There are Christians who risk their jobs over not performing a service for a gay wedding, so a Christian who intentionally attends a gay wedding is a slap in the face to them.
                    How does one unintentionally attend a gay wedding?
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

No one expects the Spanish ninja gay wedding!
                      "Faith is nothing less than the will to keep one's mind fixed precisely on what reason has discovered to it." - Edward Feser

Comment

Hijack alert! What if you thought the girl your son was marrying was a lying cheating harlot (edit/add: or a rabid anti-Christian atheist), would you attend?
                        Last edited by JohnnyP; 02-05-2014, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Soyeong View Post
                          No one expects the Spanish ninja gay wedding!
                          Heheheheheheh.

And to follow along, since I don't recognize said union as legit within Church jurisdiction (And something I don't deem worthy of celebrating), a polite decline of the invitation is in order.
                          Ladino, Guatemalan, Hispanic, and Latin, but foremostly, Christian.
                          As of the 1st of December, 2020, officially anointed as this:

"Seinfeld had its Soup Nazi. Tweb has its Taco Nazi." - Rogue06 , https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...e3#post1210559

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyP View Post
                            Hijack alert! What if you thought the girl your son was marrying was a lying cheating harlot (edit/add: or a rabid anti-Christian atheist), would you attend?
                            Sure but I would know that he was only marrying her if she was really hot and/or had tons of money. I'd remind him of Proverbs 11:22. The reason I would give the ok is that many women are extremely fickle. One of the ways he can win her over with is his charm.
                            If it was my daughter marrying a creep then no way. I would apply Numbers 30:5 and 1 Corinthians 7:37 at once.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyP View Post
                              I have a shotgun, a shovel, and 40 acres of pristine wilderness -- nobody would ever find her.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X