Announcement

Collapse

Biblical Ethics 301 Guidelines

This forum is for Christians to discuss ethical issues within Christianity. Non-theists, non-christians, and unorthodox Christians should not post here without first getting permission from the area's moderators.

If you have a question about what's OK and what's not OK, please contact the moderators.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Christians and Expensive Designer Brands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Littlejoe
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    my brother got a very expensive looking suit at goodwill for only $10.
    Yeah, sometimes you can find amazing things at thrift stores. I bought a Hart, Shaffer and Marx Blazer from our Crisis Pregnancy Center thrift shop for $4.50. I love it!

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
    You can find some quality stuff there. There's no shame in shopping at a thrift store.
    And it helps support those who are employed there.

Leave a comment:

• Bill the Cat
    replied
    Hi. I'm Bill and I approve of this message

Shuny.gif

Leave a comment:

• Zymologist
    replied
    You can find some quality stuff there. There's no shame in shopping at a thrift store.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
    At my college there was a big barrel in the first floor of the dorm rooms that students could put unwanted clothes into, and other students could take as needed. I only recently decided to stop wearing a pair of pants that I got from that barrel like 8 years ago. I replaced it with some pants I bought from Goodwill.

Leave a comment:

• Zymologist
    replied
    At my college there was a big barrel in the first floor of the dorm rooms that students could put unwanted clothes into, and other students could take as needed. I only recently decided to stop wearing a pair of pants that I got from that barrel like 8 years ago. I replaced it with some pants I bought from Goodwill.

Leave a comment:

• Catholicity
    replied
    Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
    In relation to the topic I own some "designer" stuff but I pretty much exclusively shop sales. The thing I won't do is buy stuff with the brand proudly displayed across the chest (or butt or leg) because I refuse to be a walking advertisement. I may have one workout shirt that says Nike. It was a gift.
    I own lots of clothes from designer labels but I bought them from the thrift shop, some still had tags on them. I love second hand stores!

Leave a comment:

• Cerebrum123
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr.Kott View Post
    You can believe or disbelieve what Jesus says. That is up to you. If you want to wear rags instead of designer clothing then that is fine with me. End of discussion in this thread.
    You didn't make this thread, so you don't have the authority to shut it down. However, if this is you running away from the thread you are more than free to do just that.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
    In relation to the topic I own some "designer" stuff but I pretty much exclusively shop sales. The thing I won't do is buy stuff with the brand proudly displayed across the chest (or butt or leg) because I refuse to be a walking advertisement. I may have one workout shirt that says Nike. It was a gift.
    there isnt anything wrong with buying nice things, we are just pointing out kott's hypocrisy

Leave a comment:

• thewriteranon
    replied

Leave a comment:

• RumTumTugger
    replied
    Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    You don't get to make that call.
    Ooh i did not see his end of discussion statement can you sing "Brave sir Robin"?

Leave a comment:

• KingsGambit
    replied
    End of discussion in this thread.
    You don't get to make that call.

Leave a comment:

• Christianbookworm
    replied
    An eternal utopia is a googolplex times cooler and more awesome than anything we could get here.

Leave a comment:

• RumTumTugger
    replied
    You can believe or disbelieve what Jesus says. That is up to you. If you want to wear rags instead of designer clothing then that is fine with me. End of discussion in this thread.
    answer the questions from mossrose in the quote below
    Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    So, Do you have lots of money? Can you buy the designer stuff?

If you answer no, then why not? Faith not strong enough?

Have you ever had a cold? The flu? Ever had your eyes examined? Do you wear glasses or contact lens? Have you ever seen a doctor for anything?

If you answer yes, then why? Is your faith not strong enough?
    and mine
    Do you know the difference between needs and wants?

Until you answer these questions you have no right to question the faith of those here who are using the Brains God gave them to make sure they understand What God and Jesus are TRULY saying and promising in the bible.

These questions will be asked every time you question the faith of those who have studied the word in it's entirety. Until they are answered.

I leave you with this thought MR. Kott
    I and others like me who do use the brains God gave us believe in the TRUE Jesus and True God and their TRUE promises not some pie in the sky get what you want vending machine god.
    Last edited by RumTumTugger; 02-07-2016, 09:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    And Jesus said,

Matthew 6:19-21King James Version (KJV)

19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:

20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
    I do believe what Jesus said. MY treasure is not on this earth.

Apparently yours lies in designer clothes.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X