Announcement

Collapse

Biblical Ethics 301 Guidelines

This forum is for Christians to discuss ethical issues within Christianity. Non-theists, non-christians, and unorthodox Christians should not post here without first getting permission from the area's moderators.

If you have a question about what's OK and what's not OK, please contact the moderators.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Christians and Expensive Designer Brands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Hmm I noticed he deleted his post. Probably because he noticed that he should not have health problems or other issues if the Word of Faith crap was true. He should just be able to pray it away! And if he is faithful, God would never have given him health problems in the first place.

That's why I questioned him in post #72. Which he has not responded to.

Good thing I quoted him so the post is still here as proof of what he said.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post
      That's why I questioned him in post #72. Which he has not responded to.

Good thing I quoted him so the post is still here as proof of what he said.
      starting to think he is just here to troll by accusing Christians and posing as a fundamental word of faith pharisee.

If he is not a troll, then he is acting like Satan, who goes around accusing the brethren.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
        It's called being content in whatever circumstance the Lord has you in at the present, and the desire to care for your family the best way you know how.
        EGGZactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And learning to trust the Lord no matter what the circumstances or trial maybe at the moment.
        A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
        George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Kott View Post
          It's sad how people here preach poverty is a blessing to other people but they themselves are not living by their own [erroneous] philosophy.
          If I would have argued that, you'd have a point, but I didn't. Perhaps you should try reading what your opponents say vs making up what they say.
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Was Jesus rich?.snip
            Jesus had a treasurer. If He was broke what would He have needed a treasurer for?
            There are four types of giving in the Bible:

1. Tithe – Motivation is Obedience.

2. First Fruits – Motivation is Generosity.

3. Alms Giving – Motivation is Compassion.

4. Seed Giving – Motivation is Faith and Reward.

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
              If I would have argued that, you'd have a point, but I didn't. Perhaps you should try reading what your opponents say vs making up what they say.
              Sorry, I was referring to Catholicity.
              There are four types of giving in the Bible:

1. Tithe – Motivation is Obedience.

2. First Fruits – Motivation is Generosity.

3. Alms Giving – Motivation is Compassion.

4. Seed Giving – Motivation is Faith and Reward.

Comment

Jesus had a treasurer. If He was broke what would He have needed a treasurer for?
                Because there were 12 people and they pooled their money to share. That doesn't make him rich you idiot. Do you think there are only two states of financial being? Dead Poor and Super Rich?

By the way, there was no gold brick on my porch last night. I guess your faith wasn't strong enough. Or you don't want me to believe your claims about God because you hate me.

I will give you a second chance. Ask God to give me a gold brick on my porch tonight. It can be a small one if a big one is too hard. I will donated it entirely to a local Christian orphanage, so you don't have to worry about me being greedy. Heck if you are worried about that, just ask God to put a picture of a gold brick on my door when I get home this evening.

Comment

• And get me some junk food and books!
                  If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

No He didn't. He had a Disciple that "kept the purse". It didn't mean Judas was a treasurer. It meant that he was the one who held on to whatever money they were given to support their ministry.
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                      No He didn't. He had a Disciple that "kept the purse". It didn't mean Judas was a treasurer. It meant that he was the one who held on to whatever money they were given to support their ministry.
                      I wonder why Jesus commended the widow for giving her last alm, instead of condemning her for not praying to be rich so she could give more?

Comment

No I did not.
                        oh yes you did Mr. Kott

Originally posted by Mr.Kott View Post
                        And you are also calling me names. That is not cool.Jesus did not do that sort of thing.

Comment

Sorry, I was referring to Catholicity.
                          you are not replying to what Catholicity was saying Mr. Kott you were replying to what you wanted her to have said said. Much like you do to Jesus's words, or your teachers do Mr. Kott stop listening to those that tickle you ears with what you want to hear( who wouldn't want to be rich and healthy all the time) listen to sound doctrine don't' be like those Paul warned Timothy of who turn away to FABLES of mans making.

2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers;
                          2Ti 4:4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.[/U][/I][
                          2Ti 4:5 But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.

So why don't you answer mossrose's questions if what you are saying is the Truth and not a fable.

1. So, Do you have lots of money? Can you buy the designer stuff?

2. If you answer no, then why not? Faith not strong enough?

3. Have you ever had a cold? The flu? Ever had your eyes examined? Do you wear glasses or contact lens? Have you ever seen a doctor for anything?

4. If you answer yes, then why? Is your faith not strong enough?

You should have no fear telling us the truth if your faith is strong enough because you would be able to truthfully answer no to question 1 and 3 if you have to answer yes then you have 2 choices if you want to continue believing the man made fable you have accepted. Either admit your faith is not strong enough, or accuse God of not keeping his supposed promises and if that is so ask yourself why you still follow a god who does not keep his promises.

Or you can walk away from the man made lying fable of a weak god who makes promises he can't keep, because your lack of faith stops him from keeping them, and walk with the TRUE God who keeps The promises he truly makes. just as Catholicity and others have been telling you to do.
                          Last edited by RumTumTugger; 01-28-2016, 04:39 PM.

Comment

I wonder why Jesus commended the widow for giving her last alm, instead of condemning her for not praying to be rich so she could give more?
                            Cause she was planting that seed. She was claiming that word for her lihf-uh. She was speaking to that mountain saying "be ye re...moved!"
                            That's what
                            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• proverbs 30

8 Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me:

9 Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the Lord? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain.

Comment

proverbs 30

8 Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me:

9 Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the Lord? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain.
                                That.... 1000 times that. The Lord Sustains me. And I still trust Him to Sustain me. No matter how much Mr. Kott wishes to twist whatever words I've said thus far. His misunderstandings really aren't my problem anyway, except I'll pray for you Mr. Kott to be lead to the truth, and away from this heretical belief you hold to. This emotional/shallow thinking you keep attempting to antagonize us with really is a foundation of sand, and when it crumbles there will be nothing left to believe in.
                                A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                                George Bernard Shaw

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X