Announcement

Collapse

Biblical Ethics 301 Guidelines

This forum is for Christians to discuss ethical issues within Christianity. Non-theists, non-christians, and unorthodox Christians should not post here without first getting permission from the area's moderators.

If you have a question about what's OK and what's not OK, please contact the moderators.


Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Christians and Expensive Designer Brands

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
    Getting back to this. Is there a thread where a good explanation for why "Prosperity Gospel/Word of Faith" types are heretics, instead of just misled believers? If not a thread here, I would be willing to read some arguments put forth on other sites.
    http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...etical-beliefs
    That's what
    - She

    Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

    I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    Stephen R. Donaldson

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
      Getting back to this. Is there a thread where a good explanation for why "Prosperity Gospel/Word of Faith" types are heretics, instead of just misled believers? If not a thread here, I would be willing to read some arguments put forth on other sites.
      http://www.gty.org/Resources/strangefire/messages


      Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
        Well that explains a lot. You're one of THOSE heretics, huh? Why don't you ask Jesus to make you fly?
        Why would I do that when I can get on a plane?
        There are four types of giving in the Bible:

        1. Tithe Motivation is Obedience.

        2. First Fruits Motivation is Generosity.

        3. Alms Giving Motivation is Compassion.

        4. Seed Giving Motivation is Faith and Reward.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          You can twist and misunderstand scripture all you want. You can cherry-pick whatever you think fits your so-called theology. You can call me a liar if you wish. You are preaching a different Jesus and a different gospel.

          I call you a heretic and a false prophet. And God's word proves me right and you wrong.

          Otherwise you sound like you are on a playground, repeating yourself because you can't come up with anything intelligent to say.
          And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. John 14:13

          And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive. Matthew 21:22

          Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you. John 16:23

          Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.Matthew 18:19

          If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it. John 14:14


          Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth. III John 1:2

          Either Jesus is lying or you are. I pick you... Because I certainly am not going to call Jesus a liar.
          Last edited by Mr.Kott; 01-20-2016, 06:26 AM.
          There are four types of giving in the Bible:

          1. Tithe Motivation is Obedience.

          2. First Fruits Motivation is Generosity.

          3. Alms Giving Motivation is Compassion.

          4. Seed Giving Motivation is Faith and Reward.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Mr.Kott View Post
            Why would I do that when I can get on a plane?
            That's not the point. You just know that it will never happen because you learned about gravity in school. And in the back of your mind, you know you can't ask for what God didn't design you to do. The point remains that "name it and claim it" is spiritually bankrupt and shows the condition of your heart. You think God is a great big vending machine just waiting on you to drop your pittance in and hit the button for your choice of goodies. It doesn't work like that. A true Disciple would only desire from God what GOD desires for them to have. A true Disciple doesn't demand anything from God as if God owed it to them.
            That's what
            - She

            Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

            I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            Stephen R. Donaldson

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]12499[/ATTACH]
              That was uncalled for. I ask that you please remove it.
              There are four types of giving in the Bible:

              1. Tithe Motivation is Obedience.

              2. First Fruits Motivation is Generosity.

              3. Alms Giving Motivation is Compassion.

              4. Seed Giving Motivation is Faith and Reward.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Mr.Kott View Post
                And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. John 14:13
                2 Corinthians 12:7-9
                To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

                battleship-board-game.jpg
                That's what
                - She

                Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

                I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                Stephen R. Donaldson

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Mr.Kott View Post
                  That was uncalled for. I ask that you please remove it.
                  tumblr_n3lnedONnr1smcbm7o1_400.gif
                  That's what
                  - She

                  Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                  - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

                  I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  Stephen R. Donaldson

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                    2 Corinthians 12:7-9
                    To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]12506[/ATTACH]

                    You are calling Jesus a liar too? WoW! Unbelief is rampant here.
                    There are four types of giving in the Bible:

                    1. Tithe Motivation is Obedience.

                    2. First Fruits Motivation is Generosity.

                    3. Alms Giving Motivation is Compassion.

                    4. Seed Giving Motivation is Faith and Reward.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Mr.Kott View Post
                      You are calling Jesus a liar too? WoW! Unbelief is rampant here.
                      No I am not, you little twit. I am calling YOU a contextually ignorant clown who can't see that he has no clue what he is talking about. Let's try a little experiment:

                      1) Can we ask ANYTHING of Jesus as long as it is "in faith"

                      2) Will God automatically agree and give us what we ask as long as we are "in faith"

                      3) Did Paul ask to have the thorn removed?

                      4) Did God say yes?


                      This ought to be good. Waiting for the inevitable spin doctoring...
                      That's what
                      - She

                      Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

                      I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                      Stephen R. Donaldson

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                        No I am not, you little twit. I am calling YOU a contextually ignorant clown who can't see that he has no clue what he is talking about. Let's try a little experiment:

                        1) Can we ask ANYTHING of Jesus as long as it is "in faith"

                        2) Will God automatically agree and give us what we ask as long as we are "in faith"

                        3) Did Paul ask to have the thorn removed?

                        4) Did God say yes?


                        This ought to be good. Waiting for the inevitable spin doctoring...
                        Why can't you just believe what Jesus says? Did He not say anything? So what can you believe for?
                        There are four types of giving in the Bible:

                        1. Tithe Motivation is Obedience.

                        2. First Fruits Motivation is Generosity.

                        3. Alms Giving Motivation is Compassion.

                        4. Seed Giving Motivation is Faith and Reward.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by Mr.Kott View Post
                          Why can't you just believe what Jesus says? Did He not say anything? So what can you believe for?
                          Mr Kott, would you at least agree that whatever one asks for in Jesus' name, it must align with God's will? So, for instance, one should not pray for evil to come upon their enemy, would you agree with that?

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by Mr.Kott View Post
                            Why can't you just believe what Jesus says? Did He not say anything? So what can you believe for?
                            Answer the questions.

                            1) Can we ask ANYTHING of Jesus as long as it is "in faith"

                            2) Will God automatically agree and give us what we ask as long as we are "in faith"

                            3) Did Paul ask to have the thorn removed?

                            4) Did God say yes?
                            That's what
                            - She

                            Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

                            I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                            Stephen R. Donaldson

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              If the word faith people are correct, we should get free ice cream. I believe that God can make food appear if HE WANTED TO DO SO. No ice cream appeared, so...
                              If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by Mr.Kott View Post
                                You are calling Jesus a liar too? WoW! Unbelief is rampant here.
                                No, your ignorance and misunderstanding of the WHOLE of scripture is rampant.


                                Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

                                Comment

                                Related Threads

                                Collapse

                                Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by KingsGambit, 05-26-2021, 03:51 PM
                                10 responses
                                105 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post ReformedApologist  
                                Working...
                                X