Announcement

Collapse

Biblical Ethics 301 Guidelines

This forum is for Christians to discuss ethical issues within Christianity. Non-theists, non-christians, and unorthodox Christians should not post here without first getting permission from the area's moderators.

If you have a question about what's OK and what's not OK, please contact the moderators.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Christians and Expensive Designer Brands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparko
    replied
    so drinking is bad, but wasting your money on expensive items and clothes instead of using that money to help those in need is good.

got it

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Kott
    replied
    Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
    Mossy still needs an answer from you here's the link to the thread you really need to man up and answer before you start questioning others understanding of faith.

And I still need an answer to my question Mr. Knott.

Do you know the difference between wants and needs?

oh and btw deleting your posts is a sign you want to hide something so Mr. Kott is there something you wanted to hide because it didn't work since you waited till after it was quoted to delete the post where you admitted you were sick.
    You can believe or disbelieve what Jesus says. That is up to you. If you want to wear rags instead of designer clothing then that is fine with me. End of discussion in this thread.

Leave a comment:

• RumTumTugger
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr.Kott View Post
    If poverty is a blessing then you are placing yourself outside of that [alleged] blessing by having a computer. If you have a computer then you are not in poverty.
    Mossy still needs an answer from you here's the link to the thread you really need to man up and answer before you start questioning others understanding of faith.

And I still need an answer to my question Mr. Knott.

Do you know the difference between wants and needs?

oh and btw deleting your posts is a sign you want to hide something so Mr. Kott is there something you wanted to hide because it didn't work since you waited till after it was quoted to delete the post where you admitted you were sick.
    Last edited by RumTumTugger; 02-06-2016, 06:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    Originally posted by Adrift View Post
    Nah. You can't blanket an entire group of people like that. I know people in the Word of Faith movement (pastors personally even), and they love people. I know plenty of people in the Word of Faith movement, and they themselves are poor. Are there some who do desire riches, certainly, but it's unfair to lay that on everyone.
    Fair enough. But I suspect that a great number of the leaders are certainly in it for the money.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    Money isn't inherently bad. The LOVE of money is bad. The WoF people love money.
    I think that for some of them Christianity is little more than a get rich scheme.

Leave a comment:

• Adrift
    replied
    Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    Money isn't inherently bad. The LOVE of money is bad. The WoF people love money.
    Nah. You can't blanket an entire group of people like that. I know people in the Word of Faith movement (pastors personally even), and they love people. I know plenty of people in the Word of Faith movement, and they themselves are poor. Are there some who do desire riches, certainly, but it's unfair to lay that on everyone.

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    Poverty in itself can't inherently be a good thing. Otherwise, why would Jesus and James want us to share our excess with the poor? If money was inherently bad, then we would be helping the people we give to sin.

Leave a comment:

• KingsGambit
    replied
    Poverty in itself can't inherently be a good thing. Otherwise, why would Jesus and James want us to share our excess with the poor? If money was inherently bad, then we would be helping the people we give to sin.

Leave a comment:

• Christianbookworm
    replied
    I had to buy my own chocolate. And it wasn't even that much!

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    ps no gold brick or even a picture of one when I got home. Kott must not believe his own drivel

i think he is just a Poe.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
    That.... 1000 times that. The Lord Sustains me. And I still trust Him to Sustain me. No matter how much Mr. Kott wishes to twist whatever words I've said thus far. His misunderstandings really aren't my problem anyway, except I'll pray for you Mr. Kott to be lead to the truth, and away from this heretical belief you hold to. This emotional/shallow thinking you keep attempting to antagonize us with really is a foundation of sand, and when it crumbles there will be nothing left to believe in.
    yup
    first time tragedy strikes and God doesnt instantly fix it, his faith will crumble.

Leave a comment:

• Catholicity
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    proverbs 30

8 Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me:

9 Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the Lord? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain.
    That.... 1000 times that. The Lord Sustains me. And I still trust Him to Sustain me. No matter how much Mr. Kott wishes to twist whatever words I've said thus far. His misunderstandings really aren't my problem anyway, except I'll pray for you Mr. Kott to be lead to the truth, and away from this heretical belief you hold to. This emotional/shallow thinking you keep attempting to antagonize us with really is a foundation of sand, and when it crumbles there will be nothing left to believe in.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    proverbs 30

8 Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me:

9 Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the Lord? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain.

Leave a comment:

• Bill the Cat
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    I wonder why Jesus commended the widow for giving her last alm, instead of condemning her for not praying to be rich so she could give more?
    Cause she was planting that seed. She was claiming that word for her lihf-uh. She was speaking to that mountain saying "be ye re...moved!"

Leave a comment:

• RumTumTugger
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr.Kott View Post
    Sorry, I was referring to Catholicity.
    you are not replying to what Catholicity was saying Mr. Kott you were replying to what you wanted her to have said said. Much like you do to Jesus's words, or your teachers do Mr. Kott stop listening to those that tickle you ears with what you want to hear( who wouldn't want to be rich and healthy all the time) listen to sound doctrine don't' be like those Paul warned Timothy of who turn away to FABLES of mans making.

2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers;
    2Ti 4:4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.[/U][/I][
    2Ti 4:5 But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.

So why don't you answer mossrose's questions if what you are saying is the Truth and not a fable.

1. So, Do you have lots of money? Can you buy the designer stuff?

2. If you answer no, then why not? Faith not strong enough?

3. Have you ever had a cold? The flu? Ever had your eyes examined? Do you wear glasses or contact lens? Have you ever seen a doctor for anything?

4. If you answer yes, then why? Is your faith not strong enough?

You should have no fear telling us the truth if your faith is strong enough because you would be able to truthfully answer no to question 1 and 3 if you have to answer yes then you have 2 choices if you want to continue believing the man made fable you have accepted. Either admit your faith is not strong enough, or accuse God of not keeping his supposed promises and if that is so ask yourself why you still follow a god who does not keep his promises.

Or you can walk away from the man made lying fable of a weak god who makes promises he can't keep, because your lack of faith stops him from keeping them, and walk with the TRUE God who keeps The promises he truly makes. just as Catholicity and others have been telling you to do.
    Last edited by RumTumTugger; 01-28-2016, 04:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X