Announcement

Collapse

Biblical Ethics 301 Guidelines

This forum is for Christians to discuss ethical issues within Christianity. Non-theists, non-christians, and unorthodox Christians should not post here without first getting permission from the area's moderators.

If you have a question about what's OK and what's not OK, please contact the moderators.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Christians and Expensive Designer Brands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
    That.... 1000 times that. The Lord Sustains me. And I still trust Him to Sustain me. No matter how much Mr. Kott wishes to twist whatever words I've said thus far. His misunderstandings really aren't my problem anyway, except I'll pray for you Mr. Kott to be lead to the truth, and away from this heretical belief you hold to. This emotional/shallow thinking you keep attempting to antagonize us with really is a foundation of sand, and when it crumbles there will be nothing left to believe in.
    yup
    first time tragedy strikes and God doesnt instantly fix it, his faith will crumble.

Comment

• ps no gold brick or even a picture of one when I got home. Kott must not believe his own drivel

i think he is just a Poe.

Comment

• I had to buy my own chocolate. And it wasn't even that much!
        If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

• Poverty in itself can't inherently be a good thing. Otherwise, why would Jesus and James want us to share our excess with the poor? If money was inherently bad, then we would be helping the people we give to sin.
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
            Poverty in itself can't inherently be a good thing. Otherwise, why would Jesus and James want us to share our excess with the poor? If money was inherently bad, then we would be helping the people we give to sin.
            Money isn't inherently bad. The LOVE of money is bad. The WoF people love money.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post
              Money isn't inherently bad. The LOVE of money is bad. The WoF people love money.
              Nah. You can't blanket an entire group of people like that. I know people in the Word of Faith movement (pastors personally even), and they love people. I know plenty of people in the Word of Faith movement, and they themselves are poor. Are there some who do desire riches, certainly, but it's unfair to lay that on everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                I think that for some of them Christianity is little more than a get rich scheme.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                  Nah. You can't blanket an entire group of people like that. I know people in the Word of Faith movement (pastors personally even), and they love people. I know plenty of people in the Word of Faith movement, and they themselves are poor. Are there some who do desire riches, certainly, but it's unfair to lay that on everyone.
                  Fair enough. But I suspect that a great number of the leaders are certainly in it for the money.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Kott View Post
                    If poverty is a blessing then you are placing yourself outside of that [alleged] blessing by having a computer. If you have a computer then you are not in poverty.
                    Mossy still needs an answer from you here's the link to the thread you really need to man up and answer before you start questioning others understanding of faith.

And I still need an answer to my question Mr. Knott.

Do you know the difference between wants and needs?

oh and btw deleting your posts is a sign you want to hide something so Mr. Kott is there something you wanted to hide because it didn't work since you waited till after it was quoted to delete the post where you admitted you were sick.
                    Last edited by RumTumTugger; 02-06-2016, 06:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                      Mossy still needs an answer from you here's the link to the thread you really need to man up and answer before you start questioning others understanding of faith.

And I still need an answer to my question Mr. Knott.

Do you know the difference between wants and needs?

oh and btw deleting your posts is a sign you want to hide something so Mr. Kott is there something you wanted to hide because it didn't work since you waited till after it was quoted to delete the post where you admitted you were sick.
                      You can believe or disbelieve what Jesus says. That is up to you. If you want to wear rags instead of designer clothing then that is fine with me. End of discussion in this thread.
                      There are four types of giving in the Bible:

1. Tithe – Motivation is Obedience.

2. First Fruits – Motivation is Generosity.

3. Alms Giving – Motivation is Compassion.

4. Seed Giving – Motivation is Faith and Reward.

Comment

• so drinking is bad, but wasting your money on expensive items and clothes instead of using that money to help those in need is good.

got it

Comment

You can believe or disbelieve what Jesus says. That is up to you. If you want to wear rags instead of designer clothing then that is fine with me. End of discussion in this thread.
                          And Jesus said,

Matthew 6:19-21King James Version (KJV)

19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:

20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
                          I do believe what Jesus said. MY treasure is not on this earth.

Apparently yours lies in designer clothes.

Comment

answer the questions from mossrose in the quote below
                            Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                            So, Do you have lots of money? Can you buy the designer stuff?

If you answer no, then why not? Faith not strong enough?

Have you ever had a cold? The flu? Ever had your eyes examined? Do you wear glasses or contact lens? Have you ever seen a doctor for anything?

If you answer yes, then why? Is your faith not strong enough?
                            and mine
                            Do you know the difference between needs and wants?

Until you answer these questions you have no right to question the faith of those here who are using the Brains God gave them to make sure they understand What God and Jesus are TRULY saying and promising in the bible.

These questions will be asked every time you question the faith of those who have studied the word in it's entirety. Until they are answered.

I leave you with this thought MR. Kott
                            I and others like me who do use the brains God gave us believe in the TRUE Jesus and True God and their TRUE promises not some pie in the sky get what you want vending machine god.
                            Last edited by RumTumTugger; 02-07-2016, 09:48 AM.

Comment

• An eternal utopia is a googolplex times cooler and more awesome than anything we could get here.
                              If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

End of discussion in this thread.
                                You don't get to make that call.
                                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X