Announcement

Collapse

Biblical Ethics 301 Guidelines

This forum is for Christians to discuss ethical issues within Christianity. Non-theists, non-christians, and unorthodox Christians should not post here without first getting permission from the area's moderators.

If you have a question about what's OK and what's not OK, please contact the moderators.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

My eyes have been opened the last few weeks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    For being the smartest in the Animal Kingdom, we humans can still be stupid!
    Which is why our Lord equates us with some of the dumbest critters on the planet.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by thormas View Post

Yet some Christians and others are simply ignorant that they are racists or that racism can be and is systematic.
      Being an actual racist is pretty much impossible to be ignorant of. Especially in today's society. I keep seeing people say racism is "systemic", but their arguments are flawed, and their sources cherry picked every time I've been given some to look at.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
        For being the smartest in the Animal Kingdom, we humans can still be stupid!
        Agreed

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

Being an actual racist is pretty much impossible to be ignorant of. Especially in today's society. I keep seeing people say racism is "systemic", but their arguments are flawed, and their sources cherry picked every time I've been given some to look at.
          Given systematic racism, it seems many were and remain ignorant or in denial.

Comment

Given systematic racism, it seems many were and remain ignorant or in denial.
            It's not a "given" though, it is an assertion only at this point. Well, when cherry picking and assertions are all you've got, then I guess you have to make due.

Comment

It's not a "given" though, it is an assertion only at this point. Well, when cherry picking and assertions are all you've got, then I guess you have to make due.
              On this we simply disagree but I'll go with the many experts who have weighted in on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post

I like the list. May I suggest the following additions:
                4. Not all discrimination is because of racism. Be more aware of discriminatory attitudes. (Full disclosure: I'm handicapped and I've been disappointed that in all the discussion about diversity, the handicapped are left out.)
                5. Do not stereotype. Current example, you're white therefore you're racist even if you don't know it.
                6. Not all the problems in the world are caused by racism. The world is very complex and we should point out there are other factors involved.
                Edited by a Moderator

Moderated By: Bill the Cat

This area is for Christians only.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by Bill the Cat; 01-06-2021, 09:26 AM.
                Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Edited by a Moderator

Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by Bill the Cat; 01-06-2021, 09:26 AM.
                  But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

On this we simply disagree but I'll go with the many experts who have weighted in on this.
                    I will prefer the various blacks who deny or at least greatly minimize the idea of systemic racism. (Pedantic aside: The term is "systemic," meaning spread throughout the entire system, as opposed to "systematic," meaning carefully planned and designed to be a certain way.)

I'm talking about people like Shelby Steele, Bob Woodson, Larry Elder, Leo Terrell, Thomas Sowell, Walter E. Williams.
                    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

I will prefer the various blacks who deny or at least greatly minimize the idea of systemic racism. (Pedantic aside: The term is "systemic," meaning spread throughout the entire system, as opposed to "systematic," meaning carefully planned and designed to be a certain way.)

I'm talking about people like Shelby Steele, Bob Woodson, Larry Elder, Leo Terrell, Thomas Sowell, Walter E. Williams.
                      Don't forget Candace Owens

candace-owens-facebook-black-enterprise-1024x590.jpg
                      Antifa activists call her a white supremacist

"There is nothing that says I cannot do something as a black person that you can do, so it’s completely false.

What we’re really talking about is the fact that people want to absolve themselves of personal responsibility, and we’re being helped. If there is anything that is systemic in America today, it is white guilt.

It’s been institutionalized, it’s been politicized, politicians [and] white people feeling bad for themselves and therefore allowing people – allowing black people and white people alike – you know, Antifa and Black Lives Matter, to run around and act like toddlers, right?"

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

Ok, so you go with a handful of black citizens and I'll go with the experts - some of whom are more than a handful of black citizens :+}

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                          Edited by a Moderator
                          Of course polls reflect perception which may or may not correspond with reality. And given how the MSM has covered this it would indeed be a stunning surprise if polls did not find that people are under the impression that racism is the the most important issue and burden on the lives of Blacks in the USA
                          Last edited by Bill the Cat; 01-06-2021, 09:28 AM.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Edited by a Moderator

Last edited by Bill the Cat; 01-06-2021, 09:28 AM.

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                              Edited by a Moderator
                              When in doubt always be sure to play the

It is a bald faced lie to claim that I'm being dismissive of blacks and I'm not saying it isn't a honest view. But when you are fed a steady diet of rubbish anyone, regardless of race, ethnicity, sex, or sexual preference will start to buy it.
                              Last edited by Bill the Cat; 01-06-2021, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                When in doubt always be sure to play the

It is a bald faced lie to claim that I'm being dismissive of blacks and I'm not saying it isn't a honest view. But when you are fed a steady diet of rubbish anyone, regardless of race, ethnicity, sex, or sexual preference will start to buy it.
                                Edited by a Moderator

Last edited by Bill the Cat; 01-06-2021, 09:30 AM.

Frank

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X