Announcement

Collapse

Biblical Ethics 301 Guidelines

This forum is for Christians to discuss ethical issues within Christianity. Non-theists, non-christians, and unorthodox Christians should not post here without first getting permission from the area's moderators.

If you have a question about what's OK and what's not OK, please contact the moderators.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

My eyes have been opened the last few weeks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the problems with the discussion of race in the world today is that the victims (real or imagined) have learned how to benefit from it by gaining certain privileges that are denied to the oppressors (real or imagined), and so there is a reluctance on the part of the victims to seek genuine reconciliation, because without victimhood, they paradoxically lose a source of power.

For instance, if a black person is denied a raise by a white employer, he can yell, "Racism!" and have people rush to his defense whether or not his work performance warranted a raise. The alternative is accepting the uncomfortable notion that he didn't get a raise because he didn't deserve a raise. It's a lot easier to think of yourself as a victim than it is to accept personal responsibility.

This isn't to say that real instances of racism don't exist, but this mentality of some that we are fighting a widespread culture war, and that they deserve recompense which they can only claim as permanent victims, is certainly not helping matters.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I have no doubt that BLM (and intersectionality, critical race theory, etc.) is actually fostering new forms of racism between races that weren't there before. Aside from the fact that it's based on false facts about police killings (that should disturb any Christian who's interested in truth), but it's obviously extremely divisive and creating animosity between races. You could call it a self-fulfilled prophecy.
      "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X