Announcement

Collapse

Biblical Ethics 301 Guidelines

This forum is for Christians to discuss ethical issues within Christianity. Non-theists, non-christians, and unorthodox Christians should not post here without first getting permission from the area's moderators.

If you have a question about what's OK and what's not OK, please contact the moderators.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

My eyes have been opened the last few weeks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    For being the smartest in the Animal Kingdom, we humans can still be stupid!
    Which is why our Lord equates us with some of the dumbest critters on the planet.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Comment

Originally posted by thormas View Post

Yet some Christians and others are simply ignorant that they are racists or that racism can be and is systematic.
      Being an actual racist is pretty much impossible to be ignorant of. Especially in today's society. I keep seeing people say racism is "systemic", but their arguments are flawed, and their sources cherry picked every time I've been given some to look at.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
        For being the smartest in the Animal Kingdom, we humans can still be stupid!
        Agreed

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

Being an actual racist is pretty much impossible to be ignorant of. Especially in today's society. I keep seeing people say racism is "systemic", but their arguments are flawed, and their sources cherry picked every time I've been given some to look at.
          Given systematic racism, it seems many were and remain ignorant or in denial.

Comment

Originally posted by thormas View Post

Given systematic racism, it seems many were and remain ignorant or in denial.
            It's not a "given" though, it is an assertion only at this point. Well, when cherry picking and assertions are all you've got, then I guess you have to make due.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

It's not a "given" though, it is an assertion only at this point. Well, when cherry picking and assertions are all you've got, then I guess you have to make due.
              On this we simply disagree but I'll go with the many experts who have weighted in on this.

Comment