Announcement

Collapse

Biblical Ethics 301 Guidelines

This forum is for Christians to discuss ethical issues within Christianity. Non-theists, non-christians, and unorthodox Christians should not post here without first getting permission from the area's moderators.

If you have a question about what's OK and what's not OK, please contact the moderators.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

I'll be skipping the red kettles henceforth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll be skipping the red kettles henceforth

Salvation Army goes woketard.

The charity is asking its white donors to do more than just drop some coins into the kettle when they go shopping this holiday season. Leaders of the Army want whites to apologize for being racist.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

The charity is asking its white donors to do more than just drop some coins into the kettle when they go shopping this holiday season. Leaders of the Army want whites to apologize for being racist.
    Time to look for a better charity to give to.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yup.

And every person ringing a bell better not be white.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

So - people are being asked to apologise for doing things they never did and never approved ... what an interesting concept.
        1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
        Scripture before Tradition:
        but that won't prevent others from
        taking it upon themselves to deprive you
        of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
          So - people are being asked to apologise for doing things they never did and never approved ... what an interesting concept.
          Welcome to America in the 2020s

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Welcome to America the English Speaking World in the 2020s
            FIFY - nc
            1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

OK, trying to discredit this, but it all seems legit.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

OK, trying to discredit this, but it all seems legit.
                Official from the Salvoes:

Though we remain committed to serving everyone in need—regardless of their beliefs, their backgrounds, or their lifestyle—recently some individuals and groups have attempted to mislabel our organization to serve their own agenda(s). They have made outrageous claims that we believe our donors should apologize for their own racism, that The Salvation Army believes America is an inherently racist society, and that our organization has abandoned its beliefs for one ideology or another. In fact, an online petition is asking supporters to “stand against the insertion of politically charged racial ideologies into The Salvation Army’s good work.”

Nov 25, 2021 https://www.salvationarmyusa.org/usn...pic-of-racism/
                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Official from the Salvoes:

Though we remain committed to serving everyone in need—regardless of their beliefs, their backgrounds, or their lifestyle—recently some individuals and groups have attempted to mislabel our organization to serve their own agenda(s). They have made outrageous claims that we believe our donors should apologize for their own racism, that The Salvation Army believes America is an inherently racist society, and that our organization has abandoned its beliefs for one ideology or another. In fact, an online petition is asking supporters to “stand against the insertion of politically charged racial ideologies into The Salvation Army’s good work.”

Nov 25, 2021 https://www.salvationarmyusa.org/usn...pic-of-racism/
                  Yeah, I found likewise. Sad, really.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Yeah, I found likewise. Sad, really.
                    Also sad that the media chooses to pretend that lies are fact.

The Salvoes positional statement on racism is quite enlightening:

[box]Racism is manifest in the tendency to
                    stereotype and marginalise whole segments
                    of populations who are perceived as inferior,
                    or, in some cases, a threat.[/quote]

(Would that I could achieve such subtlety.)

So - when they declare claims that they believe their "donors should apologize for their own racism" outrageous, it is entirely believable that the claims are false.
                    NorrinRadd you can donate to red kettle with no qualms, that report was a lie.
                    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

or, in some cases, a threat.

So - when they declare claims that they believe their "donors should apologize for their own racism" outrageous, it is entirely believable that the claims are false.
                      NorrinRadd you can donate to red kettle with no qualms, that report was a lie.[/QUOTE]

This one really bothered me. Thanks!
                      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

or, in some cases, a threat.

NorrinRadd you can donate to red kettle with no qualms, that report was a lie.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for pointing that out. On closer inspection, they do use direct quotes from a couple of different SA publications, which are linked in the DW article, but they take them out of context and stitch them together in a dishonest and deceptive way.

I posted a correction on my FB page, and challenged the article at the DW page on FB. We'll see what kinds of responses ensue.
                        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

NorrinRadd you can donate to red kettle with no qualms, that report was a lie.
                          Thanks for pointing that out. On closer inspection, they do use direct quotes from a couple of different SA publications, which are linked in the DW article, but they take them out of context and stitch them together in a dishonest and deceptive way.

I posted a correction on my FB page, and challenged the article at the DW page on FB. We'll see what kinds of responses ensue.[/QUOTE]

I sent DW a similar note. Hopefully, they'll post a correction.
                          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Fox and Friends caught wind of the topic and the hosts have been stumbling around trying to address it. It's clear they only read an article asserting SA has gone woke, and the rejoinder SA posted, not any of the specific controversial documents. I have not read the documents in toto, but just checking the quotes in the DW hit piece was enough to recognize DW was not using them particularly honestly, and certainly not charitably. Not having read all relevant docs totally, it's possible DW does have a point, but the evidence they constructed doesn't properly make it.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

Fox and Friends caught wind of the topic and the hosts have been stumbling around trying to address it. It's clear they only read an article asserting SA has gone woke, and the rejoinder SA posted, not any of the specific controversial documents. I have not read the documents in toto, but just checking the quotes in the DW hit piece was enough to recognize DW was not using them particularly honestly, and certainly not charitably. Not having read all relevant docs totally, it's possible DW does have a point, but the evidence they constructed doesn't properly make it.
                              Easy enough to check - head for a red kettle and see if anyone is asking you to make the apology.
                              ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X