// Required code

Announcement

Collapse

Biblical Ethics 301 Guidelines

This forum is for Christians to discuss ethical issues within Christianity. Non-theists, non-christians, and unorthodox Christians should not post here without first getting permission from the area's moderators.

If you have a question about what's OK and what's not OK, please contact the moderators.


Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

I think I know a girl who is a............................

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I think I know a girl who is a............................

    lesbian. She isn't exactly a close friend but I do think of her as one. She isn't Christian though.
    What should I do? It's kinda bugging me out.
    -The universe begins to look more like a great thought than a great machine.
    Sir James Jeans

    -This most beautiful system (The Universe) could only proceed from the dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being.All variety of created objects which represent order and Life in the Universe could happen only by the willful reasoning of its original Creator, whom I call the Lord God.
    Sir Isaac Newton

  • #2
    Unless you know she's looking for help pertaining to homosexuality, don't do anything different than you would any straight person you know. Show her the love and light of God that's in you. And if nothing more, plant a seed, and let God provide the increase.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by OingoBoingo View Post
      Unless you know she's looking for help pertaining to homosexuality, don't do anything different than you would any straight person you know. Show her the love and light of God that's in you. And if nothing more, plant a seed, and let God provide the increase.
      Yeah.
      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by OingoBoingo View Post
        Unless you know she's looking for help pertaining to homosexuality, don't do anything different than you would any straight person you know. Show her the love and light of God that's in you. And if nothing more, plant a seed, and let God provide the increase.
        The Bouncy named man here speaks the truth here.

        Remember, because she is no disciple, she is not bound by the ways that we on the other hand embrace. Do not impose Christ's law or His ways on her, she is not under such jurisdiction. As Oingo adequately put, put to use the fruits of Goodness and Gentleness.
        Ladino, Guatemalan, Hispanic, and Latin, but foremostly, Christian.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Andius View Post
          The Bouncy named man here speaks the truth here.

          Remember, because she is no disciple, she is not bound by the ways that we on the other hand embrace. Do not impose Christ's law or His ways on her, she is not under such jurisdiction. As Oingo adequately put, put to use the fruits of Goodness and Gentleness.
          Double yeah.

          "Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
          "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
          Katniss Everdeen


          Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Andius View Post
            Remember, because she is no disciple, she is not bound by the ways that we on the other hand embrace. Do not impose Christ's law or His ways on her, she is not under such jurisdiction. As Oingo adequately put, put to use the fruits of Goodness and Gentleness.
            Everyone is under God's jurisdiction. Every speck of dust in the universe is under God's jurisdiction. The question is how we as God's ambassadors should interact with those who do not profess to follow their Creator. It's unlikely to be fruitful to dive right in to the high-level, hot-button issue of, "Is homosexual practice a sin?" All that's likely to be heard as is, "I don't like you." So friendship is the first step for you, Quantum Weirdness.

            But really, in order to be one of God's ambassadors, you [Quantum Weirdness] would do well to conform your own life to God's revealed will. Your testimony is that you live apart from the body of Christ, the church, and that following God's commandments and talking to him are not a part of your life. You must first become a follower of Christ yourself.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by RBerman View Post
              But really, in order to be one of God's ambassadors, you [Quantum Weirdness] would do well to conform your own life to God's revealed will. Your testimony is that you live apart from the body of Christ, the church, and that following God's commandments and talking to him are not a part of your life. You must first become a follower of Christ yourself.
              This is wise advice. We first need to ensure that we are following as disciples before trying to change the behavior of others.
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by RBerman View Post
                Everyone is under God's jurisdiction. Every speck of dust in the universe is under God's jurisdiction. The question is how we as God's ambassadors should interact with those who do not profess to follow their Creator. It's unlikely to be fruitful to dive right in to the high-level, hot-button issue of, "Is homosexual practice a sin?" All that's likely to be heard as is, "I don't like you." So friendship is the first step for you, Quantum Weirdness.
                I don't deny God's absolute sovereignty of the Universe, but I contend that the Kingdom of Heaven's policy does not involve forced imposition of all of it's norms and standards from those who are not it's members. How to act as God's ambassadors? Amongst many things, to have arms open if an interest to join is expressed, and sensitivity and diplomatic tact for those who have no interest in joining but strive to maintain peace (if possible, cordiality) where conflict is unnecessary and an unfruitful folly. This would make an interesting point to debate in another thread if you'd wish.

                But other than that, wise advice given, and here's to hoping Quantum will heed it.
                Ladino, Guatemalan, Hispanic, and Latin, but foremostly, Christian.

                Comment

                Related Threads

                Collapse

                Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by KingsGambit, 09-01-2020, 03:03 PM
                35 responses
                545 views
                0 likes
                Last Post thormas
                by thormas
                 
                Working...
                X