Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Has the Ark Project sunk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has the Ark Project sunk?

Yesterday was the deadline for the sale of municipal "junk" bonds by Williamstown Ky to finance AIG's Ark Project. Ken Ham and AIG managed to sell about $23 million but needed to sell at least another $29 million by COB yesterday or they forfeit the whole amount.

I checked the AIG Ark Project web page today. It was updated with some trivial rah rah about Noah but zero word on the bond issue. You'd think if it they had met their goal they've be shouting from the rooftops but all we get are crickets...

I have to believe this is a case of no news is good news for scientific literacy in Kentucky. Hopefully con man Ham's moronic Creation Museum will be the next thing to fail.

Kinda sad, hating someone you don't even know so much that you rejoice when they fail.

Just sayin'...
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
      Kinda sad, hating someone you don't even know so much that you rejoice when they fail.

Just sayin'...
      Just sayin' . . . No problem, I will dance in the streets!!!!
      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Ah, looks like it may have had a little help in the failure department: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-0...-february.html

"We kicked over your sand castle" - classy, guys.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

The sand castle has glass in and around it and the castle builder is trying to convince children to go see it. Heck yeah i'll kick that crap down :P

Comment

Love kicking sand castles down.
            Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
            Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Ooo, comments ...

"GOD does not make mistakes. The dinosaurs (dragons mentioned in the Bible) died along with almost 7 billion people in the great flood. Did you know there were Nephilim (giant humans) on earth before the flood? They were the spawn of Satan's following angels who mated with human women. These were the men of renown who were the basis for legends like Hercules and Thor. They were often over 30 feet tall ! Their bones are being found all over the world today in silt next to dinosaur bones. The very silt that covered them after they were drowned along with the dinosaurs (dragons)."

Comedy gold!

And y'all want to see this end? What are you thinking?

Comment

But I know Ken Ham extremely well. I've been dealing with his anti-science Creationist horsecrap for the better part of a decade. Watching his sham museum and "Ark" project bite it is a huge victory for science and reason loving Americans everywhere.

Just sayin'...
                Maybe you should investigate a bit more before hating on others. Just sayin'.
                Last edited by HMS_Beagle; 02-07-2014, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Ah, looks like it may have had a little help in the failure department: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-0...-february.html

"We kicked over your sand castle" - classy, guys.
                  A battle of God vs atheists, and the atheists win. Who would have thought it?
                  My Blog: http://oncreationism.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Why would God care?
                    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by The Pixie View Post
                      A battle of God vs atheists, and the atheists win. Who would have thought it?
                      Actually it's a battle of the scientifically literate vs. the Creationist con man. Religion has nothing to do with it. Looks like the good guys won this round.

Comment

Or neither party is 'good'. I'll hold off any dogmatic statements about the origin of everything aside from that God did it.
                        If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                          Or neither party is 'good'. I'll hold off any dogmatic statements about the origin of everything aside from that God did it.
                          There is the idea that anyone dumb enough to give money to a con man like Ham deserves to lose their cash. But just think of how much good that money could do towards repairing the infrastructure of Williamstown or funding firemen/police/teachers instead of building a giant monument to Creationist stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
                            Ooo, comments ...

"GOD does not make mistakes. The dinosaurs (dragons mentioned in the Bible) died along with almost 7 billion people in the great flood. Did you know there were Nephilim (giant humans) on earth before the flood? They were the spawn of Satan's following angels who mated with human women. These were the men of renown who were the basis for legends like Hercules and Thor. They were often over 30 feet tall ! Their bones are being found all over the world today in silt next to dinosaur bones. The very silt that covered them after they were drowned along with the dinosaurs (dragons)."

Comedy gold!

And y'all want to see this end? What are you thinking?
                            Comedy gold, indeed! Where did you find this? I'd like to share it with my class.

Comment

Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
                              Comedy gold, indeed! Where did you find this? I'd like to share it with my class.
                              It was posted by some genius named Steve from Ohio in the comments to the article here.

More of SfO's wisdumb:

If the earth is billions of years old, then where is all the silt from erosion that is constant? All the great rivers have a whole lot of silt that should be at the mouths of these great rivers missing in the seas. If the earth is billions of years old, then why is the moon in the position it is today? At only1 billion years, the moon would have been right on top of the earth at its current movement away from the earth. The moon would have to be almost gone out of earth orbit by now if it was billions and billions of years old. IF the earth is billions of years old, then why are there still mountains? Erosion rates can be calculated and if the earth is as old as some think, then these mountains would be flat as a pancake !
                              That's right you old Earthers! IF the earth is billions of years old, then why are there still rivers? Huh?? HUH??? Flow rates can be calculated and if the earth is as old as some think, then these rivers would be as dry as a bone!

Creationist Fundies, gotta luv 'em!

Comment