Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Anti-Vax Wisdom: Aspirin Cures Polio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti-Vax Wisdom: Aspirin Cures Polio

Originally posted by Roy View Post
    Yes, I know about that. What has it got to do with Ominskeptical's nonsense about metering clumping bacteria?

Also, given the increase in sanitary hygiene practices and the reduced threat of cholera and dysentery - appendicitis is now more common than cholera - I suspect having an appendix is more likely to be fatal than beneficial.

Roy
    Maybe you should stock up on stool softeners, and prove it by using them. And now that you admit the Victorian era hygiene was crappy, can you explain why vaccines made of crap and heavy metal should be injected toddler bodies?
    Last edited by Omniskeptical; 05-15-2015, 04:07 PM.

Originally posted by Omniskeptical View Post
    Maybe you should stock up on stool softeners, and prove it by using them.
    So that's the secret of your 'technique.'
    And now that you admit the Victorian era hygiene was crappy, can you explain why vaccines made of crap and heavy metal should be injected toddler bodies?
    Oh, look, it's a pathetic attempt to avoid taking responsibility for ridiculous claims about the appendix measuring bacterial content by insisting others support a distorted version of a position they've never advanced.

Roy
    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
    MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
      So that's the secret of your 'technique.'Oh, look, it's a pathetic attempt to avoid taking responsibility for ridiculous claims about the appendix measuring bacterial content by insisting others support a distorted version of a position they've never advanced.
      What ridiculous comment? Yours, perhaps? I never advocated removing the appendix, but perhaps you did.

You also advocate people injecting bacterial crap mixed with heavy metal into their veins in hopes of preventing disease; which doesn't work, and never has.
      Last edited by Omniskeptical; 05-16-2015, 09:22 AM.

Comment

What ridiculous comment? Yours, perhaps? I never advocated removing the appendix, but perhaps you did.

You also advocate people injecting bacterial crap mixed with heavy metal into their veins in hopes of preventing disease; which doesn't work, and never has.
        Yep, it just happens that Small Pox no longer exist, and the downfall of small pox (along with dozens of other diseases) just happens to coincide with the invention of their respective vaccination. So Omni, since you're an anti vaxxer nut case, perhaps you can explain this one. How did the US go from millions of cases of measles pre vaccine times to a few dozen cases of measles (which almost all measles infections being the un-vaccinated) in modern times? Let me guess, you don't have an answer and will just instead post attacks about things you don't/can't understand?
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

That's a lie. I have never advocated that here.

Roy
          Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
            Yep, it just happens that Small Pox no longer exist, and the downfall of small pox (along with dozens of other diseases) just happens to coincide with the invention of their respective vaccination. So Omni, since you're an anti vaxxer nut case, perhaps you can explain this one. How did the US go from millions of cases of measles pre vaccine times to a few dozen cases of measles (which almost all measles infections being the un-vaccinated) in modern times? Let me guess, you don't have an answer and will just instead post attacks about things you don't/can't understand?
            Actually the downfall happened before vaccinations; it called sanitation much better than Victorian era. You may have not heard of it, but you use it all the time, unless you don't bathe, or wash hands in Victorian style. The small pox inoculation works by irritating blood vessels so as to bleed into fat cells. It is hardly a convincing success of anything.

If it came down to a choice between sanitation or vaccination, I would pick sanitation.

Comment

Improved sanitation is certainly important, but that does not make vaccination a failure.

The Chinese were vaccinating against Smallpox since the 10th century. I wonder why they bothered to keep doing it if it had no effect?

I am also curious how you explain how each disease becomes so rare shortly after vaccinations for that disease become commonplace. How can better sanitation account for measles becoming rare after the measles vaccine in the 60s, and also for polio becoming rare when the polio vaccine arrived in the 50s?

After Wakefield's fraud over the MMR, the incidence of measles went up. Do you think that was because sanitation got worse? Or because less people were getting immunised? I think the latter. i would love to heard of evidence of sanitation declining at that specific time.
              My Blog: http://oncreationism.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by The Pixie View Post
                Improved sanitation is certainly important, but that does not make vaccination a failure.

The Chinese were vaccinating against Smallpox since the 10th century. I wonder why they bothered to keep doing it if it had no effect?

I am also curious how you explain how each disease becomes so rare shortly after vaccinations for that disease become commonplace. How can better sanitation account for measles becoming rare after the measles vaccine in the 60s, and also for polio becoming rare when the polio vaccine arrived in the 50s?

After Wakefield's fraud over the MMR, the incidence of measles went up. Do you think that was because sanitation got worse? Or because less people were getting immunised? I think the latter. i would love to heard of evidence of sanitation declining at that specific time.
                I find it interesting how you don't understand just how crappy sanitation was during the early-20th century. Polio was already rare before its "vaccine", due to aspirin. I find it interesting how disease rates spike during periods of inoculation. Generally, vaccines tend to give weaker mutated versions of germs which they are supposed prevent. Germs can survive extreme conditions in spore form, and they tend to mutate given the correct environment.

Another interesting thing is how pox is not considered a bacterium, though it is proven to have a metabolism. The definition of virus has been stretched too far.

Comment

I find it interesting how you don't understand just how crappy sanitation was during the early-20th century.
                  What have I posted that suggests that?

Of course sanitation improved a lot, and of course that impacted on diseases. What you are failing to explain is the timing. Polio started to disappear in the 50s, just after the polio vaccination, measles in the 60s, just after the measles vaccination, just as two examples. A series of discrete events, that you just handwave away with a single, if prolonged, event in improved sanitation.
                  Polio was already rare before its "vaccine", due to aspirin.
                  You seriously think aspirin cures polio? You have anything to support that claim?
                  I find it interesting how disease rates spike during periods of inoculation. Generally, vaccines tend to give weaker mutated versions of germs which they are supposed prevent. Germs can survive extreme conditions in spore form, and they tend to mutate given the correct environment.
                  Some vaccines are weaker mutated forms, but not all. Are you claiming these weaker forms have mutated into stronger forms, leading to these supposed spikes? Any support for this claim at all?
                  Another interesting thing is how pox is not considered a bacterium, though it is proven to have a metabolism. The definition of virus has been stretched too far.
                  Curiously nothing in Wikipedia about smallpox not being a proper virus - undoubtedly part of the conspiracy promoted by big pharmaceutical companies.
                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smallpox

Comment

What have I posted that suggests that?
                    Nothing at all.

Omniskeptical can't defend his own claims, and he can't refute yours. He can, however, pretend you made claims even more ridiculous than his, and try to refute those. He simply doesn't realise that this proves only that his ego outweighs his honesty.

Roy

Comment

... Of course sanitation improved a lot, and of course that impacted on diseases. What you are failing to explain is the timing. Polio started to disappear in the 50s, just after the polio vaccination, measles in the 60s, just after the measles vaccination, just as two examples. A series of discrete events, that you just handwave away with a single, if prolonged, event in improved sanitation.

You seriously think aspirin cures polio? You have anything to support that claim?
                      Only that it isn't caused by a virus, and that I had it, and cured it 5 days later, by taking aspirin on the 5th day. I had flulike symptoms with muscle weakness and pain. I couldn't get any sleep. I don't know if vomiting happened, though that was probably the least of the symptoms. Yes, this isn't proof; but how many things respond that well to aspirin.

Some vaccines are weaker mutated forms, but not all. Are you claiming these weaker forms have mutated into stronger forms, leading to these supposed spikes? Any support for this claim at all?
                      Injecting a vaccine into fat instead of muscle will do wonders for dormant bacteria spores, mutated or not.

Curiously nothing in Wikipedia about smallpox not being a proper virus - undoubtedly part of the conspiracy promoted by big pharmaceutical companies.
                      If you look at all the articles on it; Poxvaridae has a metabolism, implied if not yet demonstrated. It lives in fat. Viruses were considered to be more infectious and dangerous than bacteria, amoebae, or fungi. It is obviously false, and there seems to be a consensus that it is.

Comment

Only that it isn't caused by a virus, and that I had it, and cured it 5 days later, by taking aspirin on the 5th day. I had flulike symptoms with muscle weakness and pain. I couldn't get any sleep. I don't know if vomiting happened, though that was probably the least of the symptoms. Yes, this isn't proof; but how many things respond that well to aspirin.
                        Sounds like you had a mild flu or something similar not polio.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          Sounds like you had a mild flu or something similar not polio.
                          There was nothing mild about the muscle aches, or the condition. It was Polio; though I can't prove that it was.
                          Last edited by Omniskeptical; 05-18-2015, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Aspirin is most definitely effective in reducing inflammation which enhances the bodies ability to deal with diseases. The reason small doses of aspirin are recommended for older males is that it reduces inflammation in the vascular system, and slightly thins the blood.
                            Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                            Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

What makes you think it was polio?

What makes you think the aspirin cured it? Merely the timing? Correlation does not necessarily imply causation. What you describe is not that out of the ordinary for polio.
                              Another 5 to 10% of people have minor symptoms such as: fever, headache, vomiting, diarrhea, neck stiffness and pains in the arms and legs.[1][2] These people are usually back to normal within one or two weeks.
                              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poliomyelitis

Injecting a vaccine into fat instead of muscle will do wonders for dormant bacteria spores, mutated or not.
                              Another unsupported assertion?
                              If you look at all the articles on it; Poxvaridae has a metabolism, implied if not yet demonstrated. It lives in fat. Viruses were considered to be more infectious and dangerous than bacteria, amoebae, or fungi. It is obviously false, and there seems to be a consensus that it is.
                              You earlier said smallpox was not a proper virus. Where is the support for that?

You have claimed it has a metabolism, and yet can offer no support for the claim.

Now you are claiming it can live in fat (presumably the significant point being a non-cellular environment), and yet can offer no support.

Comment