Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Best evidence for Intelligent Design yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hamster View Post
    y'all are in for a surprise when you die and find out the soul was in the appendix
    So says someone who has a rat as one's avatar.

Comment

Originally posted by Omniskeptical View Post
      So says someone who has a rat as one's avatar.
      At least rats don't have wisdom teeth that were designed to kill them.

Comment

Which people do routinely, with no ill effect.
        Not true at all. The mucous membranes in the nose overload after such is done.
        Can you find any support for your claim?

Here is a web page that goes through the risks, and they all seem to be related to the surgical procedure, rather than any problems associated with the absence of tonsils:

http://ent.about.com/od/livingwithen...t-Worth-It.htm

While you are at it, any reason to suppose not having an appendix is a problem?
        My Blog: http://oncreationism.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Still have that. But had my tonsils removed twice.
          Did you have them put back in?
          Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
          MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
            Did you have them put back in?
            They grew back.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

poppycock
              Roy
              Maybe not:

Comment

Originally posted by HMS_Beagle View Post
                At least rats don't have wisdom teeth that were designed to kill them.
                Wisdom teeth are found in taller people, and taller people have more genetic defects.

Comment

Wisdom teeth are found in taller people, and taller people have more genetic defects.
                  You are truly a fountain of amazingly perplexing insight.
                  Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                    Maybe not:

Source: http://politicalblindspot.com/scientists-finally-discover-the-function-of-the-human-appendix/

Researchers now say that the appendix acts as a safe house for good bacteria. The body uses this to essentially “reboot” the digestive system when one suffers from a bout of dysentery or cholera.

Conventional wisdom used to claim that this small pouch protruding from the first part of the large intestine was simply redundant or an evolutionary shadow of a once useful organ. For years doctors advised people have their appendix removed and in spite of it’s now-apparent use, most seem none the worse for having it removed.

Duke University Medical Centre in North Carolina researchers say that following a severe bout of cholera or dysentery, which can purge the gut of bacteria essential for digestion, the appendix acts as a reserve for good bacteria to emerge.

© Copyright Original Source

Yes, I know about that. What has it got to do with Ominskeptical's nonsense about metering clumping bacteria?

Also, given the increase in sanitary hygiene practices and the reduced threat of cholera and dysentery - appendicitis is now more common than cholera - I suspect having an appendix is more likely to be fatal than beneficial.

Roy
                    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Yttrium View Post
                      You are truly a fountain of amazingly perplexing insight.
                      What a delightfully pleasant way of saying that someone is full of bovine excrement.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

There's no evidence that having wisdom teeth correlate with height. But it's nice to see you're still extracting your "facts" from the same orifice you used to.

Comment

Originally posted by HMS_Beagle View Post
                          There's no evidence that having wisdom teeth correlate with height.
                          I disagree. There is a lot of evidence that having wisdom teeth correlates with height. It just disappears when age is eliminated as a variable.

Roy
                          Last edited by Roy; 05-15-2015, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Yes, I know about that. What has it got to do with Ominskeptical's nonsense about metering clumping bacteria?

Also, given the increase in sanitary hygiene practices and the reduced threat of cholera and dysentery - appendicitis is now more common than cholera - I suspect having an appendix is more likely to be fatal than beneficial.

Roy
                            Well, medical technology may resurrect the need for the appendix. Antibiotics often tend to kill all the bacteria and sanitize the intestines requiring the appendix to restore friendly microbes.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                              Well, medical technology may resurrect the need for the appendix. Antibiotics often tend to kill all the bacteria and sanitize the intestines requiring the appendix to restore friendly microbes.
                              But what has this got to do with metering bacteria that clumps?

Roy
                              Last edited by Roy; 05-15-2015, 12:03 PM.

Comment

I disagree. There is a lot of evidence that having wisdom teeth correlates with height. It just disappears when age is eliminated as a variable.

Roy
                                Good one.

Comment