Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Best evidence for Intelligent Design yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    And we don't have to accept that "nature did it" either.
    Let's check the score card.

Of the millions upon millions of observed phenomena we do have confirmed explanations for, natural causes were the reason in every last case.

Of the millions upon millions of observed phenomena we do have confirmed explanations for, supernatural intervention has never been the cause, not even once.

What of the observed phenomena we don't have a confirmed explanation for? Based on the historical record by far the most likely reason when found will also be natural causes.

Of course you are free to believe in elves, pixies, fairies, leprechauns - whatever paranormal woo suits your fancy. Others are free to point in your direction and laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by HMS_Beagle View Post
      Tell us about the Intelligent Design of human wisdom teeth. Four extra molars that don't fit into our jaw anymore and can cause serious medical complications and great pain when they erupt later in adult life. Before the advent of modern dentistry impacted wisdom teeth often led to fatal infections.

Way to go Intelligent Designer, good stinkin'!
      There's nothing about ID that says a design must be perfect, or remain in it's original state throughout time. Didn't you use to have "understand first, then criticize" in your signature? You should start applying that to yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
        There's nothing about ID that says a design must be perfect, or remain in it's original state throughout time. Didn't you use to have "understand first, then criticize" in your signature? You should start applying that to yourself.
        So if it's good clever design then the Intelligent Designer did it.

If it's sucky often fatal design then the Intelligent Designer did it too.

Why do you suppose the Intelligent Designer was so incompetent in some areas?

Comment

Originally posted by HMS_Beagle View Post
          So if it's good clever design then the Intelligent Designer did it.

If it's sucky often fatal design then the Intelligent Designer did it too.

Why do you suppose the Intelligent Designer was so incompetent in some areas?
          You know what, I shouldn't have posted here. I forgot who I was dealing with. I'm out.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
            You know what, I shouldn't have posted here. I forgot who I was dealing with. I'm out.
            Scientifically knowledgeable people always did have that effect on you as I recall.

Comment

Originally posted by Omniskeptical View Post
              [The appendix] meters how much clumping bacteria goes into the large intestine.
              Poppycock
              The tonsils facilitate the production of mucous cells in the nose.
              Misunderstood tommyrot.
              Have any other stupid things to say?
              I leave such things to you. See my signature for an example.

Roy
              Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
              MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                PoppycockMisunderstood tommyrot. I leave such things to you. See my signature for an example.

Roy
                First, read my signature again.

Secondly, the tonsils are lymph nodes which facilitate the growth of mucous membranes in the nose, and a little bit of gum tissue. It isn't "tommyrot". If you don't feel you need them, I suggest you get them ripped out.
                Last edited by Omniskeptical; 05-14-2015, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Omniskeptical View Post
                  It isn't "tommyrot". If you don't feel you need them, I suggest you get them ripped out.
                  Which people do routinely, with no ill effect.
                  My Blog: http://oncreationism.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

y'all are in for a surprise when you die and find out the soul was in the appendix
                    "Some people feel guilty about their anxieties and regard them as a defect of faith but they are afflictions, not sins. Like all afflictions, they are, if we can so take them, our share in the passion of Christ." - That Guy Everyone Quotes

Comment

In the previous incarnation of the forums, I tried to defend the pursuit of Intelligent Design, even though I didn't think it would lead anywhere. At the very least, ID researchers could come up with structures that hadn't been properly explained by evolution, then evolutionary biologists could go and explain how they could have formed.

Then Jorge convinced me that I was wasting my time.
                      Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Yttrium View Post
                        In the previous incarnation of the forums, I tried to defend the pursuit of Intelligent Design, even though I didn't think it would lead anywhere. At the very least, ID researchers could come up with structures that hadn't been properly explained by evolution, then evolutionary biologists could go and explain how they could have formed. Then Jorge convinced me that I was wasting my time.
                        What was your name before the crash?
                        "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
                        -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        I support the :
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hamster View Post
                          y'all are in for a surprise when you die and find out the soul was in the appendix
                          Still have that. But had my tonsils removed twice.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Irate Canadian View Post
                            What was your name before the crash?
                            It was my real name, which I'd rather not use in forums any more.
                            Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Yttrium View Post
                              In the previous incarnation of the forums, I tried to defend the pursuit of Intelligent Design, even though I didn't think it would lead anywhere. At the very least, ID researchers could come up with structures that hadn't been properly explained by evolution, then evolutionary biologists could go and explain how they could have formed.

Then Jorge convinced me that I was wasting my time.
                              The problem with that approach is that evolutionary biologists are already aware of the structures for which we don't yet have full explanations, and are quite capable of investigating them further without 'assistance' from IDers.

Roy
                              Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                              MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by The Pixie View Post
                                Which people do routinely, with no ill effect.
                                Not true at all. The mucous membranes in the nose overload after such is done.
                                Last edited by Omniskeptical; 05-14-2015, 10:22 PM.

Comment