Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Jeddidiah's question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeddidiah's question?

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
    The days in Genesis were long undefined periods of time. What is normally seen as various evolved organisms are all individual fiat creations of God. I have asked in the past how one could tell the difference between this and evolution. Evolutionists have never answered me.
    I do not believe I have seen this question from a thread in Applied Protology 201 has been asked in Natural Science 301 where evolutionists could respond.

The answer is fairly simple, but since you are assuming a fideist approach your view is a bit slippery.

Even though, there are different periods described by geology in the history of the earth, and these delineations are sometimes equated by theists as days of creation these delineations are not clear and distinct. Evolution is in reality a continuum of change in morphology and genetic relationships, and not distinct periods of time and species. The other issue is that the known scientific history of life on earth, also the known history of the solar system and cosmos do not in any way have any correlation to the days of Creation as described in Genesis.

There are other issues in the history of Christianity, Creationism, and science. The issue is trying over time to Monday morning quarterbacking and trying to shoe horn Biblical Creation into science.
    Last edited by shunyadragon; 05-04-2015, 12:07 PM.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
    The days in Genesis were long undefined periods of time. What is normally seen as various evolved organisms are all individual fiat creations of God. I have asked in the past how one could tell the difference between this and evolution. Evolutionists have never answered me.
    I do not believe I have seen this question from a thread in Applied Protology 201 has been asked in Natural Science 301 where evolutionists could respond.
    The immediate answers are that (i) it would lead to some creatures, such as bats, whales, birds, butterflies, ostriches, existing before anything they could have evolved from either genetically or morphologically, and (ii) many plants could not have survived for a "long undefined period of time" without the animals that pollinate them or spread their seeds.

Roy
    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
    MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

When a man shapes something out of clay;

Clay.jpg

or a tadpole morphs into a frog;

tadpoletofrog.jpg

they both require stages of "evolution"(change).

If neither of the two above cause you to doubt God;

Dinotobird.jpg

then why would biological evolution?
      Last edited by Pytharchimedes; 05-05-2015, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Actually, the raptors including rex were giant birds, and they seem to have gotten smaller. Can anyone explain that?

Comment

Yeah, you must have gone off your meds. Easy explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by JonF View Post
            Yeah, you must have gone off your meds. Easy explanation.
            I know a bird when I see one. Evidently, you don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Omniskeptical View Post
              I know a bird when I see one. Evidently, you don't.
              Wow.

Comment

Jeddidiah's question, and he has failed to present his case to the environmentalists
                But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Environmentalists ???
                  Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Environmentalists ???
                    Ah ha! That got your attention! Better than a two by four on a mule.

Frank

Comment

My, you are a dubious bustard.
                      Last edited by Roy; 05-16-2015, 05:17 AM.
                      Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Just waiting for something that relates to the question you say I asked.
                        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Post #2?

Comment

Even though, there are different periods described by geology in the history of the earth, and these delineations are sometimes equated by theists as days of creation these delineations are not clear and distinct. Evolution is in reality a continuum of change in morphology and genetic relationships, and not distinct periods of time and species. The other issue is that the known scientific history of life on earth, also the known history of the solar system and cosmos do not in any way have any correlation to the days of Creation as described in Genesis.

There are other issues in the history of Christianity, Creationism, and science. The issue is trying over time to Monday morning quarterbacking and trying to shoe horn Biblical Creation into science.

Originally posted by Roy

The immediate answers are that (i) it would lead to some creatures, such as bats, whales, birds, butterflies, ostriches, existing before anything they could have evolved from either genetically or morphologically, and (ii) many plants could not have survived for a "long undefined period of time" without the animals that pollinate them or spread their seeds.
                            The geologic and paleontological evidence is for a gradual history of our earth spanning billions of years.
                            Last edited by shunyadragon; 05-16-2015, 09:13 PM.

Frank

Comment

The geologic and paleontological evidence is for a gradual history of our earth spanning billions of years.
                              If God created things in the same time frame as we see expressed in the geological, and fossil record none of this has any bearing on the issue. Because it does not gibe with your chosen interpretation of Genesis is completely irrelevant. If God gave us both creation and scripture they will not disagree if understood correctly.

And no, Roy, it would not lead to anything except what we see today and in the geological and fossil records.

Still waiting.

Comment