Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

"And now for something completely different"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "And now for something completely different"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FMRluvcYeVw

I was shocked I tell ya, to realise that I've been helping an evil conspiracy of Satanic elites gain control of the world.
    Last edited by rwatts; 04-03-2015, 11:15 PM.

Originally posted by rwatts View Post

I was shocked I tell ya, to realise that I've been helping an evil conspiracy of Satanic elites gain control of the world.
    Does he ever get to the point? I turned it off after 2½ minutes of his constant droning on about how important it is to listen to the video despite being tempted to turn it off.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Does he ever get to the point? I turned it off after 2½ minutes of his constant droning on about how important it is to listen to the video despite being tempted to turn it off.
      After about 5 minutes he gets to, in a Hamish way, defining religion, and science, then he starts to abuse the theory of evolution. I turned it off at about 11 minutes, because I'd seen enough to ask a couple of questions to the person who sent me the link.

So he does get going after a while, but it looks to be the usual Ham kind of crap.

I simply loved that 5 minute warm up though.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Had you continued to the 13 minute mark you'd have found his greatest lie.

greatest_lie.jpg

Roy
        Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
        MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

So he does get going after a while, but it looks to be the usual Ham kind of crap.
          Nope. Bullfinch. It's the usual Hovind kind of crap.

vollovitch.jpg

Roy
          Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Anyone recognise this?

Roy

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5217[/ATTACH]

Roy
              I'm always amused and to a degree thoroughly annoyed that these folk. They:-

1) Tell such porkies on the one hand,

2) Then God talk on the other.

I understand that God is the supposed author of pure truth and justice. So why the lies and stupidity in his name?

A day or so ago, I got into a discussion with a creationist about design. He started talking about an intelligent designer, to which I informed him that it's reasonable then to ask questions about:-

1) How the designer designed and then

2) Having designed, went on to manufacture the design, and

3) What evidence can be offered in support of the above.

So the fellow returns and parodies and straw mans the scientific explanation then has the gall to tell me about God and how he wants to help me.

Well if God wants to help me, if his disciple wants to help me then at least:-

1) Answer questions when asked and

2) Stop misrepresenting other people.

This behaviour is just crap. It was on a site run by presuppositional apologists and an awful lot of ignorance and cowardice gets hidden behind that facade.

A few of these folk are reasonable but most are plain ignorant and arrogant and full of hubris. I love being told by many of them that I have no basis for my morality. That causes a lot of eye-rolling on my behalf.

Mature, reasoned Christians are great. But these folk leave me feeling very cold. Given that they stand between myself and the God they proclaim, it leaves me wondering what they hope me to believe, given such behaviour.
              Last edited by rwatts; 04-04-2015, 08:03 AM.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5217[/ATTACH]

Roy
                The fact that this is utter codswallop doesn't seem to bother them. They continue disseminating utterly demolished PRATTs.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

That's some weapons-grade stupidity being spouted in that video. It's also a gallop that would make Duane Gish proud!

Comment

Anyone recognise this?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5218[/ATTACH]

Roy
                    THe attachment is, "Invalid."
                    The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
                      THe attachment is, "Invalid."
                      Hmmm. It worked earlier. 2nd attempt: mystery_pic.jpg Yup, definitely works.

Comment

Hmmm. It worked earlier. 2nd attempt: [ATTACH=CONFIG]5235[/ATTACH] Yup, definitely works.
                        Ok, I see the image, but I do not recognize it.
                        The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
                          Ok, I see the image, but I do not recognize it.
                          Neither do I. Nevertheless, it's a lovely piece of surrealist art.
                          "When the Western world accepted Christianity, Caesar conquered; and the received text of Western theology was edited by his lawyers…. The brief Galilean vision of humility flickered throughout the ages, uncertainly…. But the deeper idolatry, of the fashioning of God in the image of the Egyptian, Persian, and Roman imperial rulers, was retained. The Church gave unto God the attributes which belonged exclusively to Caesar."

— Alfred North Whitehead

Comment