Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Theistic Evolution And The Fall Of Man?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    Post #6 said this:

Now why don't I like that?
    You don't know why you don't like it? I'd hazard you provided your own answer to this question, though:

Thanks for the link, but I don't see how anything but a literal Adam who is the biological father of all men can be reconciled to the texts.
    It doesn't fit with what you think is required.
    I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
      Then you criticize yourself. Seriously, do you read your own posts?
      I read my posts.No contradictions nor problems.

And yet it's the essence of Baha'i to reconcile all beliefs into something tenable.
      No it is not.
      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

You don't know why you don't like it? I'd hazard you provided your own answer to this question, though:

It doesn't fit with what you think is required.
        Perhaps Carrikature, it wasn't that I didn't like it, but that I was looking for a further explanation or reasoning for that position. I had no problem with Jim's post, and thought it was reasonable and more explanatory.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Then you criticize yourself. Seriously, do you read your own posts?
          Yes, no problem. I all ready made myself clear.

And yet it's the essence of Baha'i to reconcile all beliefs into something tenable.
          Not necessarily. In fact, I would say no. Ancient literature is the ancient world from an ancient perspective. Yes, ancient scripture has the essence of the spiritual truths of past religions, but not remotely truths that can be equated to geology, cosmology, history and nature of our earth and universe. ancient myths are ancient myths whether Biblical, Zoroastrian, Vedic or any other ancient history.
          But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Perhaps Carrikature, it wasn't that I didn't like it, but that I was looking for a further explanation or reasoning for that position. I had no problem with Jim's post, and thought it was reasonable and more explanatory.
            If you're looking for further explanation, it might behoove you to frame things as a question. Compare:

Thanks for the link, but I don't see how anything but a literal Adam who is the biological father of all men can be reconciled to the texts.
            to

Thanks for the link. How can anything but a literal Adam who is the biological father of all men be reconciled to the texts?
            See? The first is just you disagreeing. The second is asking for more information.
            I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Shuny, why did you respond to the same post twice with different answers? Did you forget you had responded already?
              I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Shuny, why did you respond to the same post twice with different answers? Did you forget you had responded already?
                The answers are in harmony and not different in substance.

Frank

Comment

I believe it is best to simplify and NOT try to shoe horn ancient paradigms into science. Many views like 'tweaking' try to try foolishly in incorporate an anthropomorphic hands on God into the process that appears too random to get the desired result. Theistic Evolution is ok, but cannot be expected to be descriptive of the problem of ancient religions accepting all of science including the age and history of the universe. My view is simple, Natural Law is simply the Divine Laws of Creation, and what we have today is the result. Speculation beyond that and trying to make things fit does not work well.

I apologize for the typo in the above post.

Frank

Comment