Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

"Bad design" eye ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
    Yup, I read the (few) replies to the above OP and may safely proclaim that the
    expectation has been totally fulfilled -- hey, what else should we have expected?

"What do I expect from this (OP)? Nothing! They'll simply ignore the evidence, reword their argument, move the goalposts back ten or twenty yards, and then continue with their nay-saying. Hey, whatever it takes to defend their Holy Mother of Evolutionism, right?"

These critters are soooooo predictable ... I love it when I'm right. Hehehe ...

Jorge
    Projection is a common trait seen in creationists with inflated views of themselves.

Right 'Doc'?

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      Hey guys, Jorge has a point. I too have been hearing this for years - that the backwards retina pointed to bad design. So can the evolutionists here admit that the argument concerning the retina no longer holds water?
      Isn't evolution great?

Comment

They'd rather disembowel themselves with a rusty machete that "admit" such a thing.

Never forget, "science" is just a ruse, it's actually about promoting their religious position.

Jorge
        More projection from the great "Doc".

Still teaching that stats class at community college?

Comment

Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
          "Make the best of" != "perfection". The configuration that's best adapted for survival usually dominates.

This has nothing to do with what you're hinting at.

BTW, 1) how would a designer make the eye more "perfect"? and 2) didn't "perfection" get broken at the Fall?

C'mon, a good YEC defender like you should be able to answer these.

K54
          Speaking of the Fall, creationists have claimed that mutation accumulation leading to mutational meltdown is the CURSE that all-loving Yahweh set upon us - doomed us to extinction for the sins of 2 humans. such is the love of the Yahweh.

But creationists - sometimes the same creationists - exalt in the 'creation' of mutation repair mechanisms.

So mutations are a curse from yahweh; mutation repair a gift.

These people are so confused, they don;t know optimum from Rube Goldberg....

Comment

Originally posted by nmanning View Post
            More projection from the great "Doc".

Still teaching that stats class at community college?
            Huh, what rock did you crawl out from under after all this time?

Do us all a favor and impersonate a Cicada, okay?

See you in about 17 years!

Jorge

Comment

For the longest time we have had to suffer as Materialists/Humanists/Atheists and their dear compadres (Theistic Evolutionists) used the "bad design of the human eye" argument as supporting evidence that humans Evolved over eons of time and were NOT specially created as Biblical Creationists claimed.

"Look at the bad design of the human eye", we would hear them proudly boasting.
              "It is an eye that only Evolution could have produced."
              "An all-knowing God would never had produced such a bad design."

Blah ... blah ... blah ...

It's easy to criticize that which is not understood and the eye was and remains way too complex for present understanding. But that didn't stop them with their argument.

Over time a great deal had been discovered to put a sock in the mouth of the nay-sayers.
              Did they ever change their tune? No way!

Now we have this:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0227131018.htm.

"The retina is not just the simple detector and neural image processor, as believed until today," said Erez Ribak, a professor at the Technion -- Israel Institute of Technology. "Its optical structure is optimized for our vision purposes." Ribak and his co-authors will describe their work during the 2015 American Physical Society March Meeting, on Thursday, March 5 in San Antonio, Texas."

BOTTOM LINE: "For the first time, we've explained why the retina is built backwards, with the neurons in front of the photoreceptors, rather than behind them," Ribak said.

Oh, so NOW you get why God designed this the way He did. NOW you realize that it wasn't a "bad design" as you had boasted as a Pro-Evolutionary argument for all those decades. NOW you can make a public retraction!

What do I expect from this? Nothing! They'll simple reword their argument, move the goalposts back ten or twenty yards, and then continue with their nay-saying. Hey, whatever it takes to defend The Holy Mother of Evolutionism, right?

Jorge
              Your posts are always badly designed, can we at least agree on that?

By comparison, Jim's would be good design, very good design, in fact? Ditto for rogue06. Now that I think of it, ditto for everyone else.

We could all give you some tips if you like Jorge.

:)
              Last edited by rwatts; 01-22-2016, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rwatts View Post
                Your posts are always badly designed, can we at least agree on that?

By comparison, Jim's would be good design, very good design, in fact? Ditto for rogue06. Now that I think of it, ditto for everyone else.

We could all give you some tips if you like Jorge.
                So, sarcasm aside, you're singling me out from everyone else. Who would'a thunk it?

I would have bet the mortgage payment ten times over and won a nice bundle on that!

Jorge

Comment

So, sarcasm aside, you're singling me out from everyone else. Who would'a thunk it?

You're the only one who rants and screams like a teenager who got into his parents' liqueur cabinet. The only one who makes these blustering claims then runs away when called to back them up. The only one who sticks his foot in his mouth and then dances a jig to try and cover up his blatant scientific ignorance.

Comment

So, sarcasm aside, you're singling me out from everyone else.
                    Well at the time I wrote it, you were the only one here who argues in the manner you do.
                    Last edited by rwatts; 01-23-2016, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rwatts View Post
                      Well at the time I wrote it, you were the only one here who argues in the manner you do.
                      You do have a point ... it does indeed often times appear as if I am the only
                      one here that argues in the manner that I do: logical and truthful.

So, okay ... I'll grant you that one.

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by HMS_Beagle View Post
                        You're the only one who rants and screams like a teenager who got into his parents' liqueur cabinet. The only one who makes these blustering claims then runs away when called to back them up.

the irony meter blew up - I can't even show a picture of it. You of all people making that claim

Hey what happened to the thread where your Adiot comrade claimed certain fossils were only found in South east Asia. Ran like the wind from that thread since it was bare faced lie and they were also found in the US.

Comment

You do have a point ... it does indeed often times appear as if I am the only
                          one here that argues in the manner that I do: logical and truthful.

So, okay ... I'll grant you that one.

Jorge
                          Your mistake

As Yoda would say "No......There is another"

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeenders View Post
                            Your mistake

Weird, usually it would be 'No.. another there is".

Comment

Your mistake

No mistake. I wrote "... often times".
                              "Often times" is not the same as always.
                              Every now and then there is a breath of fresh air which brings hope.

Jorge

Comment

the irony meter blew up - I can't even show a picture of it. You of all people making that claim

Hey what happened to the thread where your Adiot comrade claimed certain fossils were only found in South east Asia. Ran like the wind from that thread since it was bare faced lie and they were also found in the US.
                                You should know that Beagle Boy holds the World Record for destroyed Irony Meters. In fact, I heard that his is one of those records that will never be broken. And he keeps adding to it day in and day out. It's a sight to behold.

Jorge

Comment