Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Not that more proof is needed ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not that more proof is needed ...

I certainly don't need any more convincing about the IDEOLOGICAL agenda -- not scientific -- that Evolutionists have. Here's the latest news on that topic. BTW, note that this is their 4th (that's FOURTH) attempt at this. In typical fashion, they will continue pushing and pushing until they get what they want - this is not unlike the LGBT agenda which operates exactly the same way. I also noted how they try to make this into a DEM v. REP issue. Nonsense!

I've highlighted some of the more howling sections ...

"Democrats Push For National Charles Darwin Day 1:44 PM 02/03/2015

Democrats in the House have introduced a resolution to create a national holiday for the man behind the theory of evolution.

Connecticut Democratic Rep. Jim Himes introduced House Resolution 67, calling for national recognition of Charles Darwin on his birthday, Feb. 12.

The resolution praises Darwin for the theory of evolution, a point that is likely to draw criticism from some conservatives.

“Charles Darwin’s theory of evolution by the mechanism of natural selection, together with the monumental amount of scientific evidence he compiled to support it, provides humanity with a logical and intellectually compelling explanation for the diversity of life on Earth,” the resolution states.

The American Humanist Association, whose motto is “good without a god,” has been a driving force behind the movement. They started the International Darwin Day Foundation, whose “mission is to promote the public education of Charles Darwin’s theory of evolution and to encourage the celebration of science and humanity.”

“With climate change deniers and others with anti-science views threatening our planet, there is an urgent need for our politicians to openly voice their support for scientists and science education,” Roy Speckhardt, executive director of the AHA, said in a statement.

This is the fourth year that the Darwin Day Resolution has been introduced, according to the AHA.

“Charles Darwin’s discoveries gave humankind a new, revolutionary way of thinking about the natural world and our place in it,” Himes said in a statement. “Without Darwin’s contributions to science, philosophy and reason, our understanding of the world’s complexity and grandeur would be significantly diminished.”

A 2014 Gallup poll showed that 42 percent of Americans believe in creationism, that God created man in his current form about 10,000 years ago. More than half of Americans believe humans evolved, with the majority saying God guided the evolutionary process.

The percentage who believe evolution was not guided by God is on the rise.

The resolution was cosponsored by a slew of democrats: Matthew Alton Cartwright, Stephen Cohen, Rosa DeLauro, Bill Foster, Mike Honda, Zoe Lofgren, Alan S. Lowenthal, Eleanor Holmes Norton, Adam Schiff, Louise Slaughter and Adam Smith.

Tragically, the statement that, "the percentage who believe evolution was not guided by God is on the rise" is very true. That is an unavoidable, predictable effect of the Humanists/Atheists/Theistic Evolutionists having taken over the "educational" system, cramming Evolution down the throats of the defenseless students and often lying by omission and by falsehoods.

Oh well ... as the saying goes, there will be Hell to pay!

SOURCE: http://dailycaller.com/2015/02/03/de...es-darwin-day/

Jorge

Let him who is free from ideology cast the first stone.

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Big deal...

K54

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
        I certainly don't need any more convincing about the IDEOLOGICAL agenda -- not scientific -- that Evolutionists have. Here's the latest news on that topic. BTW, note that this is their 4th (that's FOURTH) attempt at this. In typical fashion, they will continue pushing and pushing until they get what they want - this is not unlike the LGBT agenda which operates exactly the same way. I also noted how they try to make this into a DEM v. REP issue. Nonsense!

I've highlighted some of the more howling sections ...

"Democrats Push For National Charles Darwin Day 1:44 PM 02/03/2015

Democrats in the House have introduced a resolution to create a national holiday for the man behind the theory of evolution.

Connecticut Democratic Rep. Jim Himes introduced House Resolution 67, calling for national recognition of Charles Darwin on his birthday, Feb. 12.

The resolution praises Darwin for the theory of evolution, a point that is likely to draw criticism from some conservatives.

“Charles Darwin’s theory of evolution by the mechanism of natural selection, together with the monumental amount of scientific evidence he compiled to support it, provides humanity with a logical and intellectually compelling explanation for the diversity of life on Earth,” the resolution states.

The American Humanist Association, whose motto is “good without a god,” has been a driving force behind the movement. They started the International Darwin Day Foundation, whose “mission is to promote the public education of Charles Darwin’s theory of evolution and to encourage the celebration of science and humanity.”

“With climate change deniers and others with anti-science views threatening our planet, there is an urgent need for our politicians to openly voice their support for scientists and science education,” Roy Speckhardt, executive director of the AHA, said in a statement.

This is the fourth year that the Darwin Day Resolution has been introduced, according to the AHA.

“Charles Darwin’s discoveries gave humankind a new, revolutionary way of thinking about the natural world and our place in it,” Himes said in a statement. “Without Darwin’s contributions to science, philosophy and reason, our understanding of the world’s complexity and grandeur would be significantly diminished.”

A 2014 Gallup poll showed that 42 percent of Americans believe in creationism, that God created man in his current form about 10,000 years ago. More than half of Americans believe humans evolved, with the majority saying God guided the evolutionary process.

The percentage who believe evolution was not guided by God is on the rise.

The resolution was cosponsored by a slew of democrats: Matthew Alton Cartwright, Stephen Cohen, Rosa DeLauro, Bill Foster, Mike Honda, Zoe Lofgren, Alan S. Lowenthal, Eleanor Holmes Norton, Adam Schiff, Louise Slaughter and Adam Smith.

Tragically, the statement that, "the percentage who believe evolution was not guided by God is on the rise" is very true. That is an unavoidable, predictable effect of the Humanists/Atheists/Theistic Evolutionists having taken over the "educational" system, cramming Evolution down the throats of the defenseless students and often lying by omission and by falsehoods.

Oh well ... as the saying goes, there will be Hell to pay!

SOURCE: http://dailycaller.com/2015/02/03/de...es-darwin-day/

Jorge
        I tend to think these "Darwin days" are a bit over the top.

However, considering how much you folk simply hate the guy and misrepresent his ideas continually, then something needs to be done to give him some good press.

Comment

Originally posted by rwatts View Post

However, considering how much you folk simply hate the guy and misrepresent his ideas continually, then something needs to be done to give him some good press.
          I'd think the Darwin Awards already accomplish that.
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by rwatts View Post

Yup. I think a good bit of it is in reaction to the hysterical over-the-top hatred that some have. Otherwise there would be as much a call for it as there is a National Einstein Day or National Newton Day

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Yup. I think a good bit of it is in reaction to the hysterical over-the-top hatred that some have. Otherwise there would be as much a call for it as there is a National Einstein Day or National Newton Day
              Fig Newtons or Strawberry Newtons?

Either works for me.

K54

Comment

Originally posted by klaus54 View Post

Either works for me.

K54
                Hold on just a second.

No. Don't me

Almost ready.

overkill.gif
                It needed doin'

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by klaus54 View Post

Either works for me.

K54
                  ebb_fb_logo.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]3865[/ATTACH]
                    They be delicious! There's a store front in Lafayette, IN near the Purdue campus.

K54

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                      I'd think the Darwin Awards already accomplish that.
                      True dat.

Comment

Jorge reads the Daily Caller? Who would have thunk?

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          Exactly.

No other scientist is as lied about, hated, and vilified by Christian extremists as Darwin is.

Comment

But ... but ... but such things aren't possible!!!

"It takes MILLIONS of years for these things to happen.
                            We know ... we're "scientists"... trust us!"

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-31356229

Bah, humbug ... nothing will convince these jokers anyway.

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by nmanning View Post
                              Exactly.

No other scientist is as lied about, hated, and vilified by Christian extremists as Darwin is.
                              Darwin was a "scientist"? Really? No kidding?

Well, ya could'a knocked me over with a feather.

Jorge

Comment