Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

How Well Do You Remember?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Well Do You Remember?

It's the anniversary of the Challenger explosion so this article was published about memories of that and other terrible moments. I dunno...i don't think my recollection of 9/11 have varied. Unfortunately, a lot of the sites that I posted my recollections on are gone unless I can locate em on the WB machine.

http://m.csmonitor.com/Science/2014/...might-be-wrong
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

I do not really have any memories of the Challenger explosion. To me it was just another terrible event. Memories of 9/11 are more real, and memories of the JFK assassination also. I have never written them down and do not expect to - discussions such as this aside.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

I do not consider the explosion of the Challenger as that significant, though tragic. The events and history surrounding in 9/11 is far more significant. I was in China seated in a large bar/restaurant in the morning when the images came over the TV, and I followed the story in detail over the internet.
      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Hm. Comments on the article?
        Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
          Hm. Comments on the article?
          The article is interesting. From what I have read of memory of significant events such as this is that the memory may be sharp as to the event, but our interpretation of events some times is lacking. When testifying witnesses of crime, they remember the event, but often they get things mixed up. Most of this deals not with first hand witnesses, but where we were and what we remember about the event.
          Last edited by shunyadragon; 01-29-2014, 06:38 PM.
          Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
          Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
          But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

It's the anniversary of the Challenger explosion so this article was published about memories of that and other terrible moments. I dunno...i don't think my recollection of 9/11 have varied.
            I don't think mine have either - I have vivid memories of exactly where I was and what I was doing during both the Challenger incident (watching the launch live in a student lounge) and 9-11 (when a colleague working from home phoned into the office and since there was no TV there we went to the chalet I was staying in and saw the tower falls from there). 9-11 is particularly vivid since at the time I was working for a company headquartered 2 blocks from world trade plaza.

Roy

P.S. I also know where I was during JFK's assassination (a UK military base), but didn't see it for obvious reasons.
            Last edited by Roy; 01-31-2014, 01:19 PM.
            Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
            MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

It's the anniversary of the Challenger explosion so this article was published about memories of that and other terrible moments. I dunno...i don't think my recollection of 9/11 have varied. Unfortunately, a lot of the sites that I posted my recollections on are gone unless I can locate em on the WB machine.

http://m.csmonitor.com/Science/2014/...might-be-wrong
              This is my theory. I'm 60 years old and in the electronic field - I think there is only so much room in the human brain. It's like every time I learn something new, I lose a childhood memory.
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                This is my theory. I'm 60 years old and in the electronic field - I think there is only so much room in the human brain. It's like every time I learn something new, I lose a childhood memory.
                That was an episode of "Married With Children". One of my favorites. :)
                "The Lord loves a working man, don't trust whitey, see a doctor and get rid of it."

Navin R. Johnson

Comment

I did like an old Calvin and Hobbs cartoon where Calvin sneezed, then went running to his mom while looking into his handkerchief, crying something akin to "Mommy, mommy. I think I just blew my brains out".

Comment

Trouble with that theory is that at 72, I can remember a lot of things from long ago more easily than newly learned stuff.
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment