Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Are YECs ignorant, dumb, or stupid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kelp(p) View Post
    I'm sorry. I didn't mean to come across as uncharitable in any way.
    Not you, you big ninny. Lol.

Comment

• Ok lol.
      O Gladsome Light of the Holy Glory of the Immortal Father, Heavenly, Holy, Blessed Jesus Christ! Now that we have come to the setting of the sun and behold the light of evening, we praise God Father, Son and Holy Spirit. For meet it is at all times to worship Thee with voices of praise. O Son of God and Giver of Life, therefore all the world doth glorify Thee.

A neat video of dead languages!

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
        Genesis scripture is the "possession" by which the observations, perceptions and inferences come, whether the interpretation is accurate or not is a different issue because it comes primarily by faith and this is what scripture does in fact herald as the necessity of all importance. In fact, even if a creation miracle didn’t occur, I believe those that stuck to it by faith will face much less consequences than those who believed it to be untrue if it turns out a creation miracle did occur. We unfortunately don’t have divine revelation that verifies present general revelation yet. Instead we have predominantly atheistic, materialistic, naturalistic driven ideas behind that,
        You need to justify your accusation that contemporary science and evolution is predominantly atheistic, materialistic, and [philosophical?] naturalism driven. There is no evidence that this is the case. Contemporary science is driven by the evidence and Methodological Naturalism. There is no evidence in scientific knowledge that could justify atheism nor theism.

. . . so obviously I never said, nor do I believe that there is no conflict with faith and general revelation, but that isn't the issue either. Again, "everything that fits together as true in general revelation" is not a theological premise. Maybe you’re insistence that it is is indication that there is some uncomfortable issue or conflict with your scientific and theological belief.
        Theological premises dominate YEC/OEC beliefs concerning the history of the universe, earth and life. Oh yes! I for one am very uncomfortable with the dominance of this archaic, supersticious rejection of science. It has potentially devastating effects on the future of education and technology in America. Will likely result in America becoming a tail dragger in competing with the rest of the world.

Comment