Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The Beginning of a Three Star Sytem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Beginning of a Three Star Sytem

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/...system_600.jpg141029141221-large.jpg
    Last edited by Cow Poke; 11-09-2014, 05:48 PM.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Ok, I give up. What's a tree star system?

Comment

Originally posted by pancreasman View Post
      a three star system typo
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

images.jpg

Roy
        Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
        MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]2591[/ATTACH]

Roy
          Ah, now I get it. This is one of those 'Christmas trees are evil' threads

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
            a three star system typo
            Fixed it -- but it's not near as interesting now.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Still not as interesting as how the Universe began with a Big Band.
              βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
              ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Fixed it -- but it's not near as interesting now.
                The "begnining" part is still kind of curious.

Comment

Originally posted by phank View Post
                  The "begnining" part is still kind of curious.
                  Laughing... I thought only *I* could mangle a title that badly!
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

In the beginning was the Big Band. Before this event, time did not exist because there were no conductors to keep it. The Big Band was an area of very extreme pressure given that the Bandleader was a jerk. In this seething mass of bandmembers, musicians bounced off each other and created jazz. As the Band cooled it became Cool. Or Hot. Or both at the same time (quantum adjective theory). Creationists disbelieve all of this, of course. They believe music began 6 minutes ago in an elevator in New Jersey.

As time went on the Band expanded, adding a string section which gave rise to string theory. the Band toured in a bus but the singers travelled by car. The conductor travelled by wire. One of the great Bandleaders was Frank Einstein who became famous for only hiring relatives in his band.

All over the world the Big Band theory held sway until later developments rotational dynamics created the Elvis theory. Later still a paradoxically unlikely combination of separate elements created the Beatles which just about killed the Big Band theory.

New stars continue to form. There are dark stars (Roy Orbison), giant stars (Pavorrotti) and even tree stars, which are new stars you'd like to hang from a tree (Justin Bieber).

Cosmology rolls on, making the universe more understandable.

Comment

In the beginning was the Big Band. Before this event, time did not exist because there were no conductors to keep it. The Big Band was an area of very extreme pressure given that the Bandleader was a jerk. In this seething mass of bandmembers, musicians bounced off each other and created jazz. As the Band cooled it became Cool. Or Hot. Or both at the same time (quantum adjective theory). Creationists disbelieve all of this, of course. They believe music began 6 minutes ago in an elevator in New Jersey.

As time went on the Band expanded, adding a string section which gave rise to string theory. the Band toured in a bus but the singers travelled by car. The conductor travelled by wire. One of the great Bandleaders was Frank Einstein who became famous for only hiring relatives in his band.

All over the world the Big Band theory held sway until later developments rotational dynamics created the Elvis theory. Later still a paradoxically unlikely combination of separate elements created the Beatles which just about killed the Big Band theory.

New stars continue to form. There are dark stars (Roy Orbison), giant stars (Pavorrotti) and even tree stars, which are new stars you'd like to hang from a tree (Justin Bieber).

I thought that most adherents to the Big Band Theory were divided into two camps -- the Goodmanians and the Dorseyites.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Love it!?!!? and then the Southern Star Dust arose from the debris of interstellar gases.

Frank

Comment

A three star system is fascinating, in spite of all the intermittent spaghetti. Anyone know if any computations have ever established a possible stable orbit around any one, an orbit that would put a planet in the so called "life zone?"
                          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                            A three star system is fascinating, in spite of all the intermittent spaghetti. Anyone know if any computations have ever established a possible stable orbit around any one, an orbit that would put a planet in the so called "life zone?"
                            The best that I have read in the past is no there are not likely livable zones in this system. The prior picture is a single star solar system that has a potential livable planet zone.

Frank

Comment

I do not have the math to make such a conclusion, but it seems very likely that you are right.
                              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment