Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Protoplanetary Disk (Best View Ever)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
    When Glen Morton was active on Tweb he knew many of those involved in AIG and the DI personally and cited their views very accurately in the debates. There is also the embarrassment of their covert involvement in the bogus textbook 'Panda's Thumb.
    Do you mean Of Pandas And People?

Roy
    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
    MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
      Do you mean Of Pandas And People?

Roy
      Correct!!! My booboo!
      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
        Yes, I get it. Shunyadragon was talking about those that support AiG and the Discovery Institute, and you ignored those three words and pretended he wasn't.
        But shunyadragon wasn't. You took his words out of context to make it appear he was talking about the actual organisations, not their supporters. That's a quote-mine.

Roy
        no, as I already pointed out, the first time POST 61 I included all of what Shunyadragon posted.

Shunyadragon's reply made it obvious I was not specific enough, so in post 63 I clarified which group I meant when I said "them"

but you are trying to be a thought crime detective ...

your tactics are to redefine others' motives to make them more sinister.

that makes you a bad person , roy. IMHO.

Jorge was right about you.
        To say that crony capitalism is not true/free market capitalism, is like saying a grand slam is not true baseball, or like saying scoring a touchdown is not true American football ...Stefan Mykhaylo D

Comment

Originally posted by jordanriver View Post
          no, as I already pointed out, the first time POST 61 I included all of what Shunyadragon posted.
          But in post 63 you quote-mined him.

Shunyadragon's reply made it obvious I was not specific enough, so in post 63 I clarified which group I meant when I said "them"
          Shunyadragon's reply made it obvious he was talking about those who support AiG and the Discovery Institute - which you ignored.

Had you said something like 'No, I meant why don't you debate AiG and the DI', that would have been a clarification.

your tactics are to redefine others' motives to make them more sinister.
          Your tactics appear to be to deliberately misrepresent the views of others.

I form my impression of your motives from what you have written here and elsewhere. But if I'm wrong, and you have an innocent explanation for why you misrepresented shunyadragon, feel free to present it. I don't think you have.

that makes you a bad person , roy. IMHO.
          Your opinion is of no consequence.

Roy
          Last edited by Roy; 11-15-2014, 02:37 PM.
          Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
          MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by jordanriver View Post
            Jorge was right about you.
            How revealing!?!?!?!
            Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
            Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment