Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

"Food for Thought"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Food for Thought"

To follow up on "Mossrose's" thread... it is possible that YECs don't understand science at all?

It's election season here in the States. Ergo, this is relevant question.

Why could anyone with a modicum of knowledge of geology, astronomy, or physics still be a YEC?

Science describes HOW things work. In geology, at the very least, you have superposition -- so when lithified strata are tilted, somethin' must've gone on.

I don't care about niggling genetic specifics -- I want to concentrate on the obvious. Since I have a geology background (BTW you innocent YECs should drive around country and look at stuff).

How do you kids explain Hutton's observation of the strata in the Jedburg strata?

Hmmm...? Well, how do you? I want you to cogitate.

K54

SiccarPoint_Unconformityannot.jpg

Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
    To follow up on "Mossrose's" thread... it is possible that YECs don't understand science at all?

It's election season here in the States. Ergo, this is relevant question.

Why could anyone with a modicum of knowledge of geology, astronomy, or physics still be a YEC?

Science describes HOW things work. In geology, at the very least, you have superposition -- so when lithified strata are tilted, somethin' must've gone on.

I don't care about niggling genetic specifics -- I want to concentrate on the obvious. Since I have a geology background (BTW you innocent YECs should drive around country and look at stuff).

How do you kids explain Hutton's observation of the strata in the Jedburg strata?

Hmmm...? Well, how do you? I want you to cogitate.

K54

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2549[/ATTACH]
    Something I'm always asking creationists is how do they tell the difference between a rock that was created, from one that was formed in the Flood from one that was formed naturally (assuming the Flood is not considered a natural event).

No answer to date.

The presence of fossils cannot be the answer because the rocks could have been created like that. Besides, no one was there to see that those patterns in the rocks are the remains of animals that were once alive to know that anything living died and subsequently got turned into rock. Those two arguments are simply replaying oft made creationist arguments back onto creationists.

Comment

Originally posted by rwatts View Post
      Something I'm always asking creationists is how do they tell the difference between a rock that was created, from one that was formed in the Flood from one that was formed naturally (assuming the Flood is not considered a natural event).

No answer to date.

The presence of fossils cannot be the answer because the rocks could have been created like that. Besides, no one was there to see that those patterns in the rocks are the remains of animals that were once alive to know that anything living died and subsequently got turned into rock. Those two arguments are simply replaying oft made creationist arguments back onto creationists.
      Thanks, rwatts!

It's the old "Wuz u dere, Charley." excuse.

I'd love to have Mossrose or Jorge or "Mr." Black or Cerebrum000 or my dear friend JordanFluss weigh in here.

I know, I know, --- I'll probably get the "I'm not gonna answer 'cuz you're using invectives" excuse."

But it's worth a try.

K54

Comment