Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Food for thought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    I this a bacon thread? I saw "food" and naturally that means
    You win.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by square_peg View Post
      . . . continues to be the most plausible and supported explanation for the diversity and origins of life on Earth.
      As I have pointed out before it is the most plausible explanation if you assume God did not do it.
      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
        As I have pointed out before it is the most plausible explanation if you assume God did not do it.
        You could assume that God did it through evolution.
        Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
          The majority of evolutionists in the U.S. are Christian.

Comment

Originally posted by rwatts
            It would be great if you could tell us what some of those lies are then demonstrate that they are in fact lies.
            Um, I have listed in the op some quotes from those who have clearly stated that they have CONSTRUCTED and CREATED stuff in order to produce results.

Perhaps you would like to go back and read those.

And here is an article about the wondrous feathered lizard that was touted as the "missing link" until it was proven a fake, way back in 1999.

http://www.trueorigin.org/ng_ap01.asp

Proven a fake, yes. Still displayed as a model at The Dinosaur Museum in Blanding, Utah, still touted as "one of the earliest known birds to evolve from the dinosaurs."

The person who reported the forgery in the issue of Nat. Geo. stated

The report stated:
            It’s a tale of misguided secrecy and misplaced confidence, of rampant egos clashing, self-aggrandizement, wishful thinking, naive assumptions, human error, stubbornness, manipulation, backbiting, lying, corruption, and, most of all, abysmal communication.
            At least the Nat. Geo. had the grace to admit their error in reporting before it was "proven".

There is one blatant lie. Another is Piltdown man. And so many of these lies are STILL in textbooks being taught to our kids today!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
              I would suspect in name only.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by s_p
                I thought you said you weren't looking for debate.
                I evolved and changed my mind and had the thread moved to Nat. Sci.

Just in case you didn't read the whole thing........

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                  I am trying to point out the FACT that many so-called evolutionary scientists seem to have no problem with making statements along the lines of "evolution is a religion", ...
                  So what? Do you think saying something makes it true?

Roy
                  Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                  MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
                    they aren't necessarily mutually exclusive. Even if the Christians are YEC.
                    A few created animals could start speciating (epigenetic adjustable for various environments) right after the Bible God Jesus created them.
                    To say that crony capitalism is not true/free market capitalism, is like saying a grand slam is not true baseball, or like saying scoring a touchdown is not true American football ...Stefan Mykhaylo D

Comment

Originally posted by square_peg View Post
                      Well, mossrose doesn't think there's any contradiction between believing Christianity is a religion and believing Christianity is true, so it shouldn't matter to her if the theory of evolution could actually be classified as a religion. Because in this case, it'd be an instance of a religion being true.
                      around here, seems to me, *natural selection* evolution is not so much religion,
                      ...but ABOUT religion (because of religion)

IOW, 'reactionary'
                      To say that crony capitalism is not true/free market capitalism, is like saying a grand slam is not true baseball, or like saying scoring a touchdown is not true American football ...Stefan Mykhaylo D

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                        So what? Do you think saying something makes it true?

Roy
                        I guess you have a point there.

If a scientist tells one lie, then I am under no obligation to believe another word that comes out of his or her mouth.

So, If they lie about evolution being a religion, or they say they have to make stuff up in order to "prove" their theory, and that is also a lie, then I guess I can presume that they are lying every time they open their mouths.

Where in the world does their "truth" kick in, then?

Comment

Um, I have listed in the op some quotes from those who have clearly stated that they have CONSTRUCTED and CREATED stuff in order to produce results.

Perhaps you would like to go back and read those.

And here is an article about the wondrous feathered lizard that was touted as the "missing link" until it was proven a fake, way back in 1999.

http://www.trueorigin.org/ng_ap01.asp

Proven a fake, yes. Still displayed as a model at The Dinosaur Museum in Blanding, Utah, still touted as "one of the earliest known birds to evolve from the dinosaurs."

The person who reported the forgery in the issue of Nat. Geo. stated

The report stated:

At least the Nat. Geo. had the grace to admit their error in reporting before it was "proven".

There is one blatant lie. Another is Piltdown man. And so many of these lies are STILL in textbooks being taught to our kids today!
                          So how does a magazine goofing off and a museum continuing to show a fake fossil, make a scientific theory:-

Originally posted by mossrose
                          “True? The theory of evolution?

Full of lies, it is!
                          Does the same kind of reasoning apply to every scientific discipline and museum, or only those associated with ideas you really do not like?

Do you think that the theory, evidence for it, and testing of it, do not exist beyond fakes and bad museum displays?

Comment

I guess you have a point there.

If a scientist tells one lie, then I am under no obligation to believe another word that comes out of his or her mouth.

So, If they lie about evolution being a religion, or they say they have to make stuff up in order to "prove" their theory, and that is also a lie, then I guess I can presume that they are lying every time they open their mouths.

Where in the world does their "truth" kick in, then?
                            When you realise that it is possible for two people to express differing opinions or beliefs without either of them telling lies.

Roy
                            Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                            MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                              When you realise that it is possible for two people to express differing opinions or beliefs without either of them telling lies.

Roy
                              You can have two people expressing differing opinions and beliefs.

But you can't have more than one truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Kbertsche View Post
                                I think Mossy brings up a good point. The word "evolution" has different meanings and implications to different people. To a scientist, "evolution" refers simply to physical mechanisms. But to a non-scientist, "evolution" often means "evolutionISM", an atheistic, materialistic worldview. Outspoken atheists like Richard Dawkins don't help when they conflate the two (evolution and evolutionism) in their popular writings.
                                That's a really great point KB.

Comment