Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Science validates Astrology?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phank View Post
    Edited by a Moderator
    Liberal tolerance in action.
    Last edited by rogue06; 10-22-2014, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Edited by a Moderator
      Well, this is what an idiot looks like. Thanks for showing the world how much of a hate filled bigot you really are.
      Last edited by rogue06; 10-22-2014, 07:33 PM.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Manwë Súlimo View Post
        Space alien? What? Have you been watching the History Channel again, phank?

Demigod? What? Have you listened at all to what Christians have lived and died for in the past two thousand years?

If you're going to disagree with something, make sure you're not throwing tomatoes at a strawman.
        Phank is an idiot of the first order with a hatred of religion that shines though with every post. Pretty much, the atheist version of Jorge.
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by HMS_Beagle View Post
          "credible".

Some wingnut on a blog talking out of his nether regions, unsupported by even the tiniest bit of actual scientific research.

"credible".
          You ignorant retard, that's the blog of Gregory Cochran.

"Some wingnut."
          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Now, if only we could identify the pathogen that causes left-handedness, so that we could cure this disorder. We know it's not hereditary, we know it shows up around the age of 2 or so, we're pretty sure it's not genetic, we know it's persistent through life (though you can force yourself to use your right hand with some success) -- gee, this is starting to sound awful familiar...
            Left handedness doesn't lead to bloody colons, AIDS epidemics, raping teenagers and a slew of other mental and social issues as far as I know. Though the incovenience is probably enough that it can be cured with a trivial treatment there's no reason not to do it.
            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
              In seriousness, such weak correlations have no value in justifying astrology. Astrology has so many holes, it does not make a good sieve. I was born on July 29, and I am an amiable pleasant person from Irish stock who writes poetry. On the other hand I have family members born in the winter that are borderline psychotics, a few cross over the border.
              Individual examples don't mean anything, it's why we work with high sample sizes whenever possible. Nobody is claiming there is a 100% correlation between date of birth and personality.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                You ignorant retard, that's the blog of Gregory Cochran.

"Some wingnut."
                Doesn't matter if he is the Queen of England. He has zero supporting scientific evidence for his idle speculation. But I can see how a homophobic bigot ignorant retard would jump all over it.

Comment

Originally posted by HMS_Beagle View Post
                  Doesn't matter if he is the Queen of England. He has zero supporting scientific evidence for his idle speculation. But I can see how a homophobic bigot ignorant retard would jump all over it.
                  He has the only hypothesis that isn't idiotic on its face so far, which is a lot better than the "it's genetic" retards whose hypothesis has been disproved. Let's see you do better. Also what does homophobia have to do with this? Are you claiming it's impossible for homosexuality to be caused by a pathogen? It seems to me you much prefer discussing people to actual arguments, like a hundred year old church lady who fills up her days with gossip while waiting to die.
                  Last edited by Darth Executor; 10-23-2014, 01:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CMD View Post
                    Liberal tolerance in action.
                    The irony of this post is kind of striking. Edited by a Moderator
                    Moderated By: rogue06

Please pay attention to the notices where it explicitly tells you where to complain about moderation

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                    Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by rogue06; 10-23-2014, 01:51 PM.

Comment

The irony of this post is kind of striking. Edited by a Moderator
                      I'm sorry Phank, but insulting an entire belief system for your dislike of one person is the very definition of intolerance and bigotry. Don't worry though, perhaps if you act more smug and self satisfied than you already have; you're hatred in action will manage to disappear into a puff of smoke.
                      Last edited by rogue06; 10-23-2014, 01:51 PM.
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

He has the only hypothesis that isn't idiotic on its face so far,
                        It's only not idiotic to ignorant scientifically illiterate retards.

Let's see you do better.
                        Let's see more scientific evidence, any scientific evidence, and less homophobic bluster. I won't hold my breath.

Comment

He has the only hypothesis that isn't idiotic on its face so far, which is a lot better than the "it's genetic" retrds whose hypothesis has been disproved.
                          This is wrong on several counts. First, he has no evidence of any sort of pathogen, not even indirectly. Second, the genetic proposal has certainly not been disproved, anymore than the pathogen proposal. Lack of evidence isn't disproof. Third, there have been other proposals currently being tested both directly (looking for causes) and indirectly (looking for statistical patterns.)

Let's see you do better. Also what does homophobia have to do with this? Are you claiming it's impossible for homosexuality to be caused by a pathogen? It seems to me you much prefer discussing people to actual arguments, like a hundred year old church lady who fills up her days with gossip while waiting to die.
                          It's not impossible that a pathogen is involved, anymore than it's impossible that God's Will is involved. But neither can be proved yet.

The homophobia arises from using such terms as disorders and pathology to describe a normal, permanent aspect of human variation. Just because a variation is in the minority doesn't make it pathological. That was the purpose of the handedness comment, by the way. There was a time, within living memory, when being left-handed WAS regarded as a disorder to be cured. Hopefully, the sinisterphobes have vanished.

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieoferror View Post
                            I'm sorry Phank, but insulting an entire belief system for your dislike of one person is the very definition of intolerance and bigotry. Don't worry though, perhaps if you act more smug and self satisfied than you already have; you're hatred in action will manage to disappear into a puff of smoke.
                            Your tolerance is admirable. We should all emulate your example. You seem to have been taking lessons from Jorge. At least YOUR insults are not being censored away by our paragons of tolerance.

Comment

Left handedness doesn't lead to bloody colons, AIDS epidemics, raping teenagers and a slew of other mental and social issues as far as I know. Though the incovenience is probably enough that it can be cured with a trivial treatment there's no reason not to do it.
                              What, don't you realize that about 12% of these diseased, demented rapists are left-handed?

Comment

Your tolerance is admirable. We should all emulate your example. You seem to have been taking lessons from Jorge. At least YOUR insults are not being censored away by our paragons of tolerance.
                                Awe yes, the person attempting to attack me for insulting him is the same person who insulted over a billion people and takes no issue with his obvious hypocrisy and double standards, while doing so. Sorry phank, but I didn't insult an entire religious belief, which was so bad, that the mods all agreed that it should be edited for its content (I do know what you said). Sorry, you've lost all ability to tell anybody about tolerance with comments like that. Besides, I'm insulting YOU personally, not every single atheist in the world and on tWeb. You insulted every Christian on tWeb and the world. You lost all right to attack anybody for a lack of tolerance and respect after what you said. Don't worry though, pretending that you never did that, might make it disappear into a puff of smoke. You deserved this attitude. Don't like it, issue a sincere apology to everybody you just insulted with your total lack of respect and I will change my attitude towards you. Until you do that, you earn every bit of disrespect you get.
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment