Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Will You Go on Record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HMS_Beagle View Post
    Jorge, what caused the formation of Barringer Meteor Create in Arizona?
    Beagle "Bozo" Boy opens his pie-hole once again!

Never fear, you remain the standard by which I measure all dishonesty here on TWeb.

Jorge

Comment

• Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
      Replace Darwinism with Jorgian YECism, and send it right back at'cha.

K%4
      More of your "original" thinking, I see.

I'd bet you haven't had an original thought in a 'coon's age.

Jorge

Comment

• Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
        Punk Eek is an explanation that fits the fossil record where long periods of stasis are interlaced with periods of "rapid" evolution.

What's the Jorgian YEC explanation for these observations?

K54

P.S. FYI, just in case y'all hadn't noticed, Jor's final sentence is an example of his mastery of projection.

You are a ROYAL BORE, Santa Klaus.

Jorge

Comment

• Originally posted by Jorge View Post
          I would bet the farm ten times over - make that one-hundred times over - that if any such thing were to ever happen, (1) it would be covered up or, (2) if it couldn't be covered up then one of the Evo-Faithful would concoct some 'just-so story' to save the day for Evolutionism.

Let us never forget the historical cases where this has already happened, my favorite example being E&G's Punctuated Equilibrium concoction. Nothing, n-o-t-h-i-n-g that is pulled out of the ground has a snowball's chance in Hell of disproving Evolutionism. As I have said a thousand times before, this isn't about empirical science, this is about ideological belief.

Jorge
          I am trying to figure out how it go down.

I predict headline,

'SCIENTISTS RETHINK DATING'
          A rock which was assumed to be 'Precambrian' has been misdated according to scientists.
          "We know the rock cannot be "Precambrian" because of its traces of bunny rabbit fossilization, and we know mammals did not exist in the Precambrian...
          and we know it is not unusual for a mistake to have occurred on that particular rock..."

As one scientist put it, "we date a lot of rocks, and we know, occasionally human error or malfunction will cause an incorrect date, ...and that is why we depend on a consilience of the evidence, the appearance of bunny rabbit fossils helped us to correct the dating on the rock!"
          To say that crony capitalism is not true/free market capitalism, is like saying a grand slam is not true baseball, or like saying scoring a touchdown is not true American football ...Stefan Mykhaylo D

Comment

buk buk BWAAAAAK! BWAAAAAK! buk buk buk BWAAAAAK!

Jorge, what caused the formation of Barringer Meteor Create in Arizona?

If you don't know just say so, no need to cluck your beak off.

Comment

Yeah ... right ... whatever.

I did arrive at a decision: Terror and Roy should be equally ranked.
              That decision is the one that best correlates with reality.
              Translation: "HOW DARE YOU DISAGREE WITH ME, THE KNOWER OF ALL THERE IS!"

And thus, Jorge just shows his real issue is people disagreeing with him and daring to show his assertions are wrong.
              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by jordanriver View Post
                So, for the final time, will you go on record as stating what genuine evidence, if any, would be necessary to cause you to rethink your beliefs?

Or will you continue to avoid doing what you request of others?
                the word "compelling" is SUFFICIENT.

IF the any evidence convinced me Jesus never ascended to 'Heaven',
                then why would I bother with the Bible anymore.

I could just go back to where I left off and assume my 'born-again' event was just some delusion.
                Continued avoidance it is then.

Roy
                Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
                  Continued avoidance it is then.

Roy
                  Not how I see it.
                  it's the same as your "...with the understanding that it's genuine. .."
                  To say that crony capitalism is not true/free market capitalism, is like saying a grand slam is not true baseball, or like saying scoring a touchdown is not true American football ...Stefan Mykhaylo D

Comment

Beagle "Bozo" Boy opens his pie-hole once again!

Never fear, you remain the standard by which I measure all dishonesty here on TWeb.

Jorge
                    What's dishonest about reminding you of a question that you refused to answer in the past?

It's annoying to you of course, but definitely NOT "dishonest".

Does a drooling adherence to a risible Genesis interpretation cause one to misunderstand common words?

If so, it helps to explain lots of wacky Jorgian YEC logic.

K54

Comment

I predict headline,

A rock which was assumed to be 'Precambrian' has been misdated according to scientists.
                      "We know the rock cannot be "Precambrian" because of its traces of bunny rabbit fossilization, and we know mammals did not exist in the Precambrian...
                      and we know it is not unusual for a mistake to have occurred on that particular rock..."

As one scientist put it, "we date a lot of rocks, and we know, occasionally human error or malfunction will cause an incorrect date, ...and that is why we depend on a consilience of the evidence, the appearance of bunny rabbit fossils helped us to correct the dating on the rock!"
                      JR,

Do you have an explanation for why a Cambrian Coney has never be found?

A fortiori, what's the YEC Bible God "History not Science" explanation for no pollen in the geologic column below the Cretaceous? Heck, that's MUCH more likely to be found than a Opossum in the Ordovician.

No need for headlines. YEC Bible-God "History not Science" has been dead-as-doorknob since 1800.

We might as well have tomorrow's headline be "Beauregard's Artillery Bombards Fort Sumter!"

Your Fideist Fantasy thread has been fun though.

K54

Comment

You are a ROYAL BORE, Santa Klaus.

Jorge
                        And you, Sir, are most entertaining!

YOU are a ROYAL JESTER, as it were.

Dont'cha need to change the projector lamp soon?

K54

Comment

More of your "original" thinking, I see.

I'd bet you haven't had an original thought in a 'coon's age.

Jorge
                          Just holding the mirror up in front of your projector lens.

Speaking of a 'coon's age -- are you and your YEC Bible-God compadre JR now going to posit a Raccoon in the Roadian?

K54

Comment

I predict headline,

Are you serious??? If you are this is the most outrageous ridiculous prediction I have ever seen!!!
                            Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                            Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

I would bet the farm ten times over - make that one-hundred times over - that if any such thing were to ever happen, (1) it would be covered up or, (2) if it couldn't be covered up then one of the Evo-Faithful would concoct some 'just-so story' to save the day for Evolutionism.
                              Ah, yes. Deep dark conspiracy theories to silence The TROOTH™

One of the defining attributes that you're supporting a pseudoscience is when you start squawking about plots on the part of the worldwide scientific community to suppress and cover up the results.

You ignore the fact that if some scientist were to discover convincing evidence that evolutionary theory was wrong they would go down as one of the great scientists of their time. They could likely count on a Nobel Prize, all the funding that they could ever desire for whatever project struck their fancy and their pick of associates to assist them. Overturning something that everyone else accepts out of hand is just the sort of thing that scientists dream of.

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
                              Let us never forget the historical cases where this has already happened, my favorite example being E&G's Punctuated Equilibrium concoction. Nothing, n-o-t-h-i-n-g that is pulled out of the ground has a snowball's chance in Hell of disproving Evolutionism. As I have said a thousand times before, this isn't about empirical science, this is about ideological belief.
                              Could it be due to the fact that organisms can evolve at different rates is exactly what Darwin predicted?:

Source: On The Origin of the Species, First Edition

Species of different genera and classes have not changed at the same rate, or in the same degree. In the oldest tertiary beds a few living shells may still be found in the midst of a multitude of extinct forms. Falconer has given a striking instance of a similar fact, in an existing crocodile associated with many strange and lost mammals and reptiles in the sub-Himalayan deposits. The Silurian Lingula differs but little from the living species of this genus; whereas most of the other Silurian Molluscs and all the Crustaceans have changed greatly.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

By the fourth edition Darwin had added that
                              "the periods during which species have undergone modification, though long as measured in years, have probably been short in comparison with the periods during which they retain the same form."

So while Darwin definitely generally favored slow and gradual change[1] it should hardly have come to any surprise that rates of evolutionary change will be different for various organisms.

1. It should be noted that Darwin did not mean "perfectly smooth" when he wrote of gradual change but instead something more akin to "stepwise" -- with a populations of a species accumulating small changes over long periods of time until a new species was born.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Not how I see it.
                                it's the same as your "...with the understanding that it's genuine. .."
                                I did not write that.

Roy
                                Last edited by Roy; 09-20-2014, 06:32 AM.
                                Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                                MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment