Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Will You Go on Record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will You Go on Record

Rogue06 posted some nice links about squirrel fossils pushing back mammal origins a few millions of years.
    deja vu, of the Poland discovery of tetrapods older than Tiktaalik and the other 'fishpod' (don't remember the less famous other fishpod, don't feel like looking it up either)

biologist JBS Haldane is famous for saying a rabbit fossil found in the Precambrian would cause him to give up is belief in evolution.

maybe

but what about now, ......really?

I bet, sooner or later, somebody is going to find a mammal fossil in a known Precambrian layer.

I also bet the theory will be 'adjusted'

Are any Darwinists willing to go on record, that you will go on record, give up your belief in the THEORY of evolution when a mammal fossil is discovered in one of the Precambrian locations.

....or half way, if that's too scary, you may insist , not just any mammal, but it has to be an actual rabbit.

...oh I suppose if you really want to hedge your bets, you can insist and specifying a black-tailed jackrabbit but it has to be discovered in Precambrian locations in Canada or anywhere far away from Texas and SW USA.

...im just trying to get ahead of this, I know I am going to kick myself if a rabbit is discovered in the Precambrian and nobody bothered to get Darwinists to go on record before it happened.
    To say that crony capitalism is not true/free market capitalism, is like saying a grand slam is not true baseball, or like saying scoring a touchdown is not true American football ...Stefan Mykhaylo D

Originally posted by jordanriver View Post
    Are any Darwinists willing to go on record, that you will go on record, give up your belief in the THEORY of evolution when a mammal fossil is discovered in one of the Precambrian locations.
    Not just a single fossil at a location as there are geologic processes (i.e overthrusts) that may change the temporal ordering of strata.

I'll go on record as saying if evidence is of a population of mammals - any mammals - is found in actual Precambrian age strata I'll denounce current evolutionary theory.

Anything else you need help with?

Comment

Are there any Darwinists on TWeb?

K54

Comment

I bet, sooner or later, somebody is going to find a mammal fossil in a known Precambrian layer.
        I would happily take that bet.

Back in the Cambrian not only were there no mammals there were no amphibians, reptiles, birds or even insects. Flora-wise there were not only any flowering plants (angiosperms) there weren't even any gymnosperms from which they arose from.

As I explained when you first brought this silliness up in the thread about about the squirrel-like mammals[1]:
        Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Hardly.

It has long been known that the lineage that led to the mammals split off from the one that led to reptiles a long, long time ago (Early Permian IIRC). The question has been just how soon did the first true mammals originate from it.

You are trying to blow this way out of proportion. Sort of like claiming that the Icarus myth demonstrates that the ancient Greeks flew around in jet aircraft.

1. These creatures were not squirrels (or even the ancestors of squirrels) as you erroneously claim in your OP. As I said:
        The new findings also presents evidence for their closest known relatives being rodent-like creatures known as multituberculates which existed for some 120 million years -- from 35 to 153 mya (Late Jurassic-Oligocene). Neither of these groups having any living descendants meaning that while these new discoveries may resemble modern squirrels they aren't related to them but are the result of convergent evolution.

They resemble squirrels but are no more squirrels than ichthyosaurs are dolphins or either are sharks just because they all share the same general shape.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I'll throw my hat in with Rogue and Beagle.

So that's three for the record.

And I'm not even a Darwinist. I'm only 60 years old and not a Luddite.

JR, if we DO find a rabbit embedded in a Cambrian stratum then YOU'LL have to explain how it got there. Maybe it was too slow or klutzy to get to higher ground to avoid the raging Mabbul, like Bugs and friends? Or maybe there was a manufacturing defect that made a bunny-sized hole in the hydrodynamic sorting sieve?

But it's hard to believe there'd be only one klutzy bunny. I lean towards the hole-in-the-sieve hypothesis.

How about you, JR?

K54
          Last edited by klaus54; 09-13-2014, 08:35 PM.

Comment

1. These creatures were not squirrels (or even the ancestors of squirrels) as you erroneously claim in your OP. As I said:.......
            sorry my bad.

yes, even the title of your thread was "squirrel-like"

ill try not to be so lazy from now on.
            To say that crony capitalism is not true/free market capitalism, is like saying a grand slam is not true baseball, or like saying scoring a touchdown is not true American football ...Stefan Mykhaylo D

Comment

Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
              Are there any Darwinists on TWeb?

K54
              And I'm not even a Darwinist. I'm only 60 years old and not a Luddite.

K54
              a thousand pardons.

you say it like its a bad thing,
              nevertheless, I am going to try to remember not to use that 'D' word anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by HMS_Beagle View Post
                Anything else you need help with?
                well, if you're not too busy, whats a "luddite"

Comment

well, if you're not too busy, whats a "luddite"
                  Your connection to Google broken?

Comment

I predict that when they find one, it will be driving a fossilized precambrian Toytota.

Without, of course, any hint of the necessary industrial base or history.

Comment

I'll take that bet too.
                      Yup. If a bunch of mammal fossils were found in Precambrian rocks evolutionary theory would be in tatters.

But what about you?

What evidence would, if found, cause you to abandon your current worldview?

Roy
                      Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                      MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

What counts as a bunch? 5? 10? Graham's number?

Comment

Originally posted by Kristian Joensen View Post
                          What counts as a bunch? 5? 10? Graham's number?
                          A handful (pun intended).

Roy
                          Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Rogue06 posted some nice links about squirrel fossils pushing back mammal origins a few millions of years.
                            deja vu, of the Poland discovery of tetrapods older than Tiktaalik and the other 'fishpod' (don't remember the less famous other fishpod, don't feel like looking it up either)

biologist JBS Haldane is famous for saying a rabbit fossil found in the Precambrian would cause him to give up is belief in evolution.

maybe

but what about now, ......really?

I also bet the theory will be 'adjusted'

....or half way, if that's too scary, you may insist , not just any mammal, but it has to be an actual rabbit.

...oh I suppose if you really want to hedge your bets, you can insist and specifying a black-tailed jackrabbit but it has to be discovered in Precambrian locations in Canada or anywhere far away from Texas and SW USA.

...im just trying to get ahead of this, I know I am going to kick myself if a rabbit is discovered in the Precambrian and nobody bothered to get Darwinists to go on record before it happened.
                            Nice try, JR, but your attempt here is the proverbial attempt at nailing a jellyfish to a wall.
                            These people are like greased eels in a barrel of oil - they have to be!

They are promoting a falsehood and, as such, this falsehood gets shown up time and time again.

And what does the Darwinist do when that happens? Simple! They redefine ... they readjust ... they introduce ad hoc definitions or concepts ... they rewrite/revise history ... they do whatever they have to do EXCEPT to do as you are asking them to do here - they will NEVER, EVER give up their belief in their Sacred Cow - Evolution.

The part that really gets me is that they never admit to this. It's like they KNOW that they
                            aren't being honest but you can pull their fingernails out with pliers before they'll confess.

Their deceptive tactics know no limits AND THEN they rationalize / justify whatever they do!
                            Just one example: They long promoted the idea of "gradual Evolutionary change".
                            Many fossils were expected / predicted to be found showing this "gradual change".

It didn't happen. As fossils were unearthed, the exact opposite was being proven.
                            "Oh man ... we're in trouble .. our Sacred Evolution needs help!"
                            "What to do? What to do? We cannot, NO WAY, abandon Evolution!"
                            Along come Eldredge and Gould: enter Punctuated Equilibrium.

People like myself said, "Hey, wait a minute, that's cheating ... that's revisionism!"

They rationalized and justified their actions by saying, "You simply don't understand
                            science. In science nothing is cast in concrete - theories are always being modified
                            in order to accommodate new findings."

See how it works? They utilize a truth (yes, we always learn new things and therefore
                            we must be willing to change our scientific theories) in order to grant themselves a blank
                            check that enables them to make Evolution into infinitely-malleable "science".

That's another way of saying that they CANNOT be nailed down - there is always
                            a crack for them to crawl through and when there isn't, they'll simply create one!

The bottom line of this "infinitely-malleable science" is that it is impossible to nail
                            them - IMPOSSIBLE!!! Any test - a rabbit in the Cambrian or whatever - that is
                            devised to 'nail them' will be overcome by these shysters as easily as Houdini
                            escaped from his shackles.

But again, nice try, JR.

Jorge

Comment

Cluck off

Comment