Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Will You Go on Record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jordanriver View Post
    its funny, I have heard other Creationists call evolution theory a "religion"
    even Ann Coulter referring to the Godless liberalism church with its "high priests of evolution"

but I took it with a grain of salt,

an amusing way to annoy believers of RMNS

BUT I never thought I would actually see it incorporated into religious belief, a God of Anti-YEC.

Cancer is ok, just as long as there is no YEC.
    So what is Bible God's explanation for cancer and earthquakes and tornados?

When did I say cancer is ok as there is no YEC?

Bible God has done a wonderful job of clouding your mind.

Hey, JR -- would YOU have been here without death and "suffering" and decay?

Bible God bad.

K54

Comment

yes, I know. I am sorry.
      it throws me for loop, dealing with Klause.
      I can process atheists who don't believe God created anything

Is harder to deal with someone who says they believe in God , but a God that didn't create anything.

why bother.

is like, oh yeah, I believe in God but its ok, it doesn't do anything.

Then Klause says Bible God bad, but "Christian" God good

????

that is confusing.

...is possible he does not know source of Christian God IS THE BIBLE??

IS it possible he does not know Christian God claims to be the one Moses spoke of, since Christian God JESUS is the one who created EVERYTHING and there is not anything that was not created by Jesus.

(ok for clarification, I know Jesus is not His Father, God the Father is greater than Jesus says Jesus, Jesus obeys the Father,
      BUT NEVERTHELESS, according to Bible, it was Jesus who did all creating,

....was appointed by God the Father to create universe?? I do not know that part)
      When did I say the REAL God didn't create anything?

You and your little friend Jorge are great examples of what Bible God does to your mind.

Bible God bad.

Your Bible God fellow cultist had said "I would hate evolution even if it were true."

It's said what Bible God does to one's mind.

Bible God evil.

K54

P.S. Bible God not only ALLOWS evil, he cursed ALL of creation because of one act of disobedience.

Christian God created a REALITY with something akin to free will where Creation functions according to fundamental regularities.

There is nothing INHERENTLY "good or evil" about nature.

Bible God clouds your mind so that you anthropomorphize good and evil in nature.

Bible God keeps you from reality.

Bible God bad.
      Last edited by klaus54; 09-15-2014, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
        Aye, no problem. Good luck finding one.
        There were at least four "Darwinists" in this thread who were willing to do that.

Or do you good luck with the part about finding a Coney in the Cambrian?

K54

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
          Why is it that your posts often have an air of 'incoherency' about them?

In any event, anyone referring to Evolution as a religion is simply wrong - Evolution on its own is not a religion.

That said, anyone (like myself) saying that Evolution is PART of a religion - specifically, Materialism/Humanism/Atheism/Theistic Evolutionism/others - is 100.00% correct. If you doubt that then take Evolution out of Materialism and consider what you're left with. Evolution introduced the "intellectually-fulfilled" part of Materialism (Dawkins scored on this point).

Just clarifying.

Jorge
          Master Projectionist at work again.

It's a thing of beauty to observe in action one so skilled at his Craft.

K54

film-projector.jpg

Comment

yes, I know. I am sorry.
            it throws me for loop, dealing with Klause.
            I can process atheists who don't believe God created anything

Is harder to deal with someone who says they believe in God , but a God that didn't create anything.

why bother.

is like, oh yeah, I believe in God but its ok, it doesn't do anything.

Then Klause says Bible God bad, but "Christian" God good

????

that is confusing.

...is possible he does not know source of Christian God IS THE BIBLE??

IS it possible he does not know Christian God claims to be the one Moses spoke of, since Christian God JESUS is the one who created EVERYTHING and there is not anything that was not created by Jesus.

(ok for clarification, I know Jesus is not His Father, God the Father is greater than Jesus says Jesus, Jesus obeys the Father,
            BUT NEVERTHELESS, according to Bible, it was Jesus who did all creating,

....was appointed by God the Father to create universe?? I do not know that part)
            Ah, you've been dealing with SANTA KLAUS54 - well why didn't you say so!

You're definitely excused! Deal with Klaus54 for too long and you'll end up babbling
            to yourself while crossing a busy street during rush hour in your underwear.

You have my prayers.

Jorge

Comment

Let's reverse the question, see how scientific YECs are.

To all YECs out there - what evidence would you accept that shows the Earth and the life on it to be way older than 10,000 years?

Comment

Originally posted by HMS_Beagle View Post
                Let's reverse the question, see how scientific YECs are.

To all YECs out there - what evidence would you accept that shows the Earth and the life on it to be way older than 10,000 years?
                not sure if I am young earth creationist, (what is a "day" to God?)
                But Bible is plain, humans do not have non-human ancestors.

But if you want EVIDENCE acceptable to me,
                ....SHOW ME IN THE BIBLE.

the Bible the Bible the Bible the Bible'

ok I think that's pretty plain answer.
                To say that crony capitalism is not true/free market capitalism, is like saying a grand slam is not true baseball, or like saying scoring a touchdown is not true American football ...Stefan Mykhaylo D

Comment

Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
                  So what is Bible God's explanation for cancer and earthquakes and tornados?

K54
                  why do you ask question when you already know my answer.
                  I know you know because you post it in next post:

P.S. Bible God not only ALLOWS evil, he cursed ALL of creation because of one act of disobedience.

Christian God created a REALITY with something akin to free will where Creation functions according to fundamental regularities.
                  Christian God IS BIBLE GOD.
                  To say that crony capitalism is not true/free market capitalism, is like saying a grand slam is not true baseball, or like saying scoring a touchdown is not true American football ...Stefan Mykhaylo D

Comment

Fair enough. You hold a religious position, not a scientific one, and there's no scientific evidence conceivable that will make you change your mind. Pretty much what Ken Ham said in his debate with Bill Nye.

Any other YECs want to weigh in?

Comment

The evidence in the Bible is an ANE phenomenological interpretation. You can start by recognizing that the story in Ge 1:1 - 2:3 is different to the one that follows.

Of course YEC Bible God forbids any contrary interpretation.

YEC Bible God also clouds your mind to the reality that all evidence from Creation itself is contrary.

YEC Bible God bad.

Poor JR and Jorge.

K54

Comment

why do you ask question when you already know my answer.
                        I know you know because you post it in next post:

Christian God IS BIBLE GOD.
                        Me not clairvoyant.

Me not pneumatic like YEC Bible God cultists.

Me no have the gnosis.

Me study science.

Me conclude YEC Bible God be evil deceiver and clouder of minds.

Me understand cancer and cystic fibrosis be life-shorting consequence of mutation.

Me also understand mutation lead to genetic diversity and marvelous biosphere.

Me also also understand JR not be who she be without mutation.

She be 100 base-pairs different than Mommy and Daddy.

Now what is YEC Bible God Cult 'splanation for cancer and cystic fibrosis and all the owwies in nature?

Me wait for answer.

K54

Comment

Originally posted by HMS_Beagle View Post
                          Fair enough. You hold a religious position, not a scientific one, and there's no scientific evidence conceivable that will make you change your mind. Pretty much what Ken Ham said in his debate with Bill Nye.

Any other YECs want to weigh in?

And WE'RE the ones clouded by our "ideology".

So much for the "Natural Science" forum.

At the very least we've been treated to an entertaining variety show featuring projection, ad hom, ipse dixit, theodicy, heresy, intellectual dishonesty, cognitive dissonance, pre-operational cognition, false dichotomy, .... and more?

Will there be an encore?

K54

Comment

Originally posted by klaus54 View Post

Now what is YEC Bible God Cult 'splanation for cancer and cystic fibrosis and all the owwies in nature?

Me wait for answer.

K54
                            when you answer someone like that, you seem to be making it LOOKS LIKE PEOPLE DODGE YOUR QUESTION.

I think you've done this before.

are you not seeing all the posts?

is "the god of this world' actually for real blinding you" or something?

I responded to in in POST 83

the curse / the fall ...whatever you want to call it.

if you are doing this on purpose, trying to make it look like nobody answers your questions or even tries, then stop it, it is a dishonest tactic.

Comment

Rogue06 posted some nice links about squirrel fossils pushing back mammal origins a few millions of years.
                              deja vu, of the Poland discovery of tetrapods older than Tiktaalik and the other 'fishpod' (don't remember the less famous other fishpod, don't feel like looking it up either)
                              Transitional does not mean ancestral, so I really don't understand the problem for the fishapods. We can still find species with a mixture of mammal and reptile features, such as the monotremes.

[quote]
                              I bet, sooner or later, somebody is going to find a mammal fossil in a known Precambrian layer.[quote]

Let us know when they do.

Are any Darwinists willing to go on record, that you will go on record, give up your belief in the THEORY of evolution when a mammal fossil is discovered in one of the Precambrian locations.
                              I will if there are several discoveries that put the Pre-cambrian age of mammals to rest.

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                                I mostly did that just to show how big of a hypocrite Jorge really is. If you give him a point by point answer, he does something like that. If you don't give him a point by point answer, he accuses you of dodging his points. No matter what, he wins.
                                He doesn't win. When he responds with generic insults or dismissals, and provides no cogent points, he loses.
                                Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                                MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment