Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Will You Go on Record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roy View Post
    Cluck off
    As one of those sordid individuals that I alluded to in my post,
    what else should we expect from RRRRoy?

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
      Are there any Darwinists on TWeb?

K54
      I believe in the theory of evolution, and I am not a Darwinist.
      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by jordanriver View Post
        Rogue06 posted some nice links about squirrel fossils pushing back mammal origins a few millions of years.
        deja vu, of the Poland discovery of tetrapods older than Tiktaalik and the other 'fishpod' (don't remember the less famous other fishpod, don't feel like looking it up either)

biologist JBS Haldane is famous for saying a rabbit fossil found in the Precambrian would cause him to give up is belief in evolution.

maybe

but what about now, ......really?

I bet, sooner or later, somebody is going to find a mammal fossil in a known Precambrian layer.

I also bet the theory will be 'adjusted'

Are any Darwinists willing to go on record, that you will go on record, give up your belief in the THEORY of evolution when a mammal fossil is discovered in one of the Precambrian locations.

....or half way, if that's too scary, you may insist , not just any mammal, but it has to be an actual rabbit.

...oh I suppose if you really want to hedge your bets, you can insist and specifying a black-tailed jackrabbit but it has to be discovered in Precambrian locations in Canada or anywhere far away from Texas and SW USA.

...im just trying to get ahead of this, I know I am going to kick myself if a rabbit is discovered in the Precambrian and nobody bothered to get Darwinists to go on record before it happened.
        None of these fossil found were out of context of over all fossil record since first life forms appeared in the Precambrian, and the predictions by scientists of what fossil should be found in the future. For example: There were numerous partial fossil, I. e. teeth and pieces, of similar squirrel like species found older and younger in similar formations. These finds simply gave more detailed intermediate species in the overall evolution of mammals since the Permian when mammal like species first appeared
        Last edited by shunyadragon; 09-14-2014, 01:30 PM.
        Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
        Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
          I believe in the theory of evolution, and I am not a Darwinist.
          Yeah, like we haven't heard that before!

"Darwinism", just like "Communism" (to use another example), comes in many colors and flavors. You don't have to be a Marxist to believe / promote Communism. You don't have to be a Darwinist to believe / promote Evolution. But in every case, the essence is there.

Become educated, Dragon - you'll feel better.

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post

BWAAAAK! BWAAAAK! buk buk BWAAAK!

El pollo grande is back with his usual morning poo spreading I see.

Wanna see a run? Just ask him this:

Jorge, how was Meteor Crater in Arizona formed?

Comment

What evidence would, if found, cause you to abandon your current worldview?

Roy
              Unfortunately, far too many are like Ken Ham of AnswersinGenesis (AiG) who, when asked essentially the same question in his debate with Bill Nye, answered that nothing would, in sharp contrast with Nye who responded that evidence would do it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Unfortunately, far too many are like Ken Ham of AnswersinGenesis (AiG) who, when asked essentially the same question in his debate with Bill Nye, answered that nothing would, in sharp contrast with Nye who responded that evidence would do it.
                Yeah, I know. And then they claim we are the closed-minded ones.

Roy
                Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by HMS_Beagle View Post
                  El pollo grande is back with his usual morning poo spreading I see.

Wanna see a run? Just ask him this:

Still trying to take the spotlight off the present issue. Par for the course ...

Either respond point-by-point to post # 14 OR continue howling at the moon, Beagle Boy.

I'll give good odds on which one Beagle Boy opts for.

Jorge

Comment

Yeah, I know. And then they claim we are the closed-minded ones.

Roy
                    You may apply post # 23 to yourself, RRRRoy.

Jorge

Comment

buk buk buk BWAAAAK!! BWAAAAK!!

Comment

Nice try, JR, but your attempt here is the proverbial attempt at nailing a jellyfish to a wall.
                        These people are like greased eels in a barrel of oil - they have to be!

They are promoting a falsehood and, as such, this falsehood gets shown up time and time again.

And what does the Darwinist do when that happens? Simple! They redefine ... they readjust ... they introduce ad hoc definitions or concepts ... they rewrite/revise history ... they do whatever they have to do EXCEPT to do as you are asking them to do here - they will NEVER, EVER give up their belief in their Sacred Cow - Evolution.
                        Boy someone sounds bitter this morning. Get up on the wrong side of the bed? Mrs. Fernandez catch you dreaming about Eugenie Scott again?

You are either unwilling or incapable of understanding that all scientists, whatever field they are in, modify their theories as new data emerges. That is the way that science works. That is the way it is supposed to work.

If the new data cannot fit into the current theories those theories are either modified or in some cases scrapped altogether. But so far, despite desperate attempts by YECs and other evolution deniers, nothing has come along that has falsified evolutionary theory and forced it to be tossed aside for a better explanation.

There are a very few YECs who are honest enough to admit this. One would be the "baraminologist," Director of the Center for Origins Research and an Associate Professor of Science at Bryan College in Dayton, Tennessee, Todd Wood. He wrote an article for his blog a couple years back where he tried to explain this:

Source: The truth about evolution

I hope this doesn't turn into a rant, but it might. You have been warned.

Evolution is not a theory in crisis. It is not teetering on the verge of collapse. It has not failed as a scientific explanation. There is evidence for evolution, gobs and gobs of it. It is not just speculation or a faith choice or an assumption or a religion. It is a productive framework for lots of biological research, and it has amazing explanatory power. There is no conspiracy to hide the truth about the failure of evolution. There has really been no failure of evolution as a scientific theory. It works, and it works well.

I say these things not because I'm crazy or because I've "converted" to evolution. I say these things because they are true. I'm motivated this morning by reading yet another clueless, well-meaning person pompously declaring that evolution is a failure. People who say that are either unacquainted with the inner workings of science or unacquainted with the evidence for evolution. (Technically, they could also be deluded or lying, but that seems rather uncharitable to say. Oops.)

Source
                        *Emphases in the original*

© Copyright Original Source

I made sure to include a link so that anyone can see for themselves that I'm not selectively quoting him or altering his words in any way (one poster in this thread is quite notorious for doing both of these things). Still, he makes it clear despite saying that "evolution is an extremely successful scientific theory" that he still does not accept it -- he is a YEC after all. But even so Wood reiterated what he said roughly a year later.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Either respond point-by-point to post # 14 OR continue howling at the moon, Beagle Boy.
                          Point-by-point? There's only one point in that drivel, which can be refuted simply by noting that Darwin himself characterised evolution as happening at non-constant rates. The rest is mindless insults, misrepresentation, invented 'quotes' and assertions that will be forever unevidenced - none of which merits, needs or deserves any response.

Roy
                          Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Still trying to take the spotlight off the present issue. Par for the course ...

I'll give good odds on which one Beagle Boy opts for.

Jorge
                            Can you honestly say that you have ever even once given a point-by-point response to another post? In fact, whenever someone does this you immediately start whining about "elephant hurling" and complain how long the post is and state categorically you won't read the whole thing.

What a hypocrite. But then, some things never change.

Comment

I'll take that bet too.Yup. If a bunch of mammal fossils were found in Precambrian rocks evolutioho honary theory would be in tatters.

But what about you?

What evidence would, if found, cause you to abandon your current worldview?

Roy
                              A better interpretation of the Bible.
                              I've 'adjusted' my worldview before and said the "I stand corrected"

...I remember for example, I used to believe, good people go to be heaven. ..
                              ...but I didn't know anything about the Bible.
                              A church lady showed me that that wouldn't work because Jesus said there was nobody good but God, and Paul said in Romans 10 that it doesn't work trying to establish your own righteousness because you're supposed to submit "unto the righteousness of God"

...do you know of a Bible verse I may have missed that Jesus didn't really rise from the dead and was therefore a false teacher when He said in John 5:46-47 AND Luke 16:29-31 that if you don't believe Moses, then neither will you believe Jesus...
                              ...(Moses wrote Genesis Creation account according to Jesus and Jewish belief at that time)
                              To say that crony capitalism is not true/free market capitalism, is like saying a grand slam is not true baseball, or like saying scoring a touchdown is not true American football ...Stefan Mykhaylo D

Comment

Before I respond to your post:

I wrote "evolutionary theory", but you quoted me as writing "evolutioho honary theory". Why is that?

Roy

Comment