Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Drive for bold Trekkies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    The impulse drive is ran by a fusion reactor, in the series TS.
    Maybe I was confused. So, Star Trek ships don't use antimatter-matter reactions?
    The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Jorge,

How does the consideration of interstellar travel "promote the reigning Materialistic paradigm"???

Is this like natural selection promotes homosexuality?

Corn-fused...

K54

Comment

Originally posted by rwatts View Post
        So are you going to return and offer an actual critique of my "denovo" genes OP Jorge, as opposed to simply ranting then running off?

In those posts I go to great lengths to explain what is going on. Given your mastery of science, it should therefore be easy for you.

(As for technical gobbledegook - you've never read a physics paper I gather?)
        Your "denovo genes" OP is ideological nonsense unworthy of my time.

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Yeahhhh... Looks like you were only joking
          In your typical "honest" style, you conflate matters and then slap on the label you see fit.

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
            Why does Jorge remind me of the guy who said flight was impossible right before the Wright flyer took off and flew?
            Simple: because you are soooo filled with your false ideological beliefs that you've become a militant anti-biblical warrior promoting a pseudo-Christian ideology. As part of that you must discredit and vilify anyone that opposes your chosen beliefs - even if only in your own mind. That answers your question in full.

Also, is anybody else surprised that Jorge somehow turned this into yet another rant about how anybody who even thinks this might be possible is somehow a secret materialist, that is plotting the downfall of Christianity?
            Expanding on what I wrote above, a well know tactic that people like Terror regularly employ is to ridicule those of us that happen to know certain things that they don't - most especially when it casts doubt on their ideology. I'm surprised that you haven't used terms such as "tin-foil-hat-wearing-conspiracy-theorist" on me - but it's still early.

Speaking of which: after the 9-11-2001 historical event, I was amongst the first people to suggest the idea that "something wasn't adding up" about the entire matter. People like Terror wasted no time in labeling me a "conspiracy theorist". Fast forward to today...

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
              Jorge,

How does the consideration of interstellar travel "promote the reigning Materialistic paradigm"???

Is this like natural selection promotes homosexuality?

Corn-fused...

K54
              That you are "corn-fused" about this matter (just as about most other matters) comes as no surprise to me. The short answer - which is all the time that I'm giving you - is that an important part of the Materialistic worldview is a concept known as the Mediocrity Principle (also, the Copernican Principle). A logical, immediate result of this essentially demands the existence of Earth-like planets and extraterrestrial life and intelligence. This explains SETI and much more. Then there's also the financial aspect. Nothing is easier than stealing money from people when they willingly fork it over because they've been led to believe - through relentless propaganda - that "one day they'll be having tea and crumpets with Spock". I've written a lot on this but, bluntly, you can't handle it -- not intellectually and not honestly.

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge
                Then there's also the financial aspect. Nothing is easier than stealing money from people when they willingly fork it over because they've been led to believe - through relentless propaganda - that "one day they'll be having tea and crumpets with Spock".
                No, not Spock. God.

Nothing is easier than stealing money from people when they willingly fork it over because they've been led to believe - through relentless propaganda - that one day they'll be having tea and crumpets with God.

NASA's budget is about 20 billion dollars.

The Mormon church raises some 7 billion dollars a year in tithes.
                The budget for US Protestant megachurches alone has been estimated at more than 8 billion dollars
                The Economist estimated the annual budget of the Catholic Church in the US as 170 billion dollars.
                Estimates of the total Christian income in the US are as high as 5200 billion dollars.

NASA's budget is negligible compared to that amount.

Roy
                Last edited by Roy; 09-13-2014, 08:03 AM.
                Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge
                  Expanding on what I wrote above, a well know tactic that people like Terror regularly employ is to ridicule those of us that happen to know certain things that they don't
                  Which are never presented, let alone supported.
                  Speaking of which: after the 9-11-2001 historical event, I was amongst the first people to suggest the idea that "something wasn't adding up" about the entire matter. People like Terror wasted no time in labeling me a "conspiracy theorist". Fast forward to today...
                  ...when it's abundantly clear that Jorge is a conspiracy theorist.

Roy
                  Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                  MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
                    Maybe I was confused. So, Star Trek ships don't use antimatter-matter reactions?
                    You're asking the right person. If you want to know anything about antimatter-matter propulsion, dilithium crystals, teleportation, Klingons, Vulcans and so on, then Terror is the person you want to consult. After all, she's a "scientist", you know.

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                      Which are never presented, let alone supported....when it's abundantly clear that Jorge is a conspiracy theorist.

Roy
                      Roy's smiling picture is posted alongside the words, "To be ignorant is to be blissful."

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                        No, not Spock. God.

Nothing is easier than stealing money from people when they willingly fork it over because they've been led to believe - through relentless propaganda - that one day they'll be having tea and crumpets with God.

NASA's budget is about 20 billion dollars.

The Mormon church raises some 7 billion dollars a year in tithes.
                        The budget for US Protestant megachurches alone has been estimated at more than 8 billion dollars
                        The Economist estimated the annual budget of the Catholic Church in the US as 170 billion dollars.
                        Estimates of the total Christian income in the US are as high as 5200 billion dollars.

NASA's budget is negligible compared to that amount.

Roy
                        You have my deepest, sincerest P - I - T - Y. Not that it'll do you any good.

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
                          Simple: because you are soooo filled with your false ideological beliefs that you've become a militant anti-biblical warrior promoting a pseudo-Christian ideology. As part of that you must discredit and vilify anyone that opposes your chosen beliefs - even if only in your own mind. That answers your question in full.
                          actually that describes YOU to a "T" - anyone who disagrees with your idiotic "chosen beliefs" is vilified as not a real Christian. Your monitor must be a mirror.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            actually that describes YOU to a "T" - anyone who disagrees with your idiotic "chosen beliefs" is vilified as not a real Christian. Your monitor must be a mirror.
                            Ooookaaaaayyyy ................

Just one question, why do you insist on proving to the world your ignorance and stupidity?

To qualify that: "ignorant" because you don't know; "stupid" because you talk without knowing.

Jorge

Comment

Just one question, why do you insist on proving to the world your ignorance and stupidity?
                              He's actually demonstrating your ignorance and stupidity Jorge. I agree it's a bit redundant since you demonstrate the same things every time you post.

Comment

You're asking the right person. If you want to know anything about antimatter-matter propulsion, dilithium crystals, teleportation, Klingons, Vulcans and so on, then Terror is the person you want to consult. After all, she's a "scientist", you know.
                                Or I know how to use the internet and know of a web site out there that talks all about Star Trek. There's fan made wiki's all over the place Jorge for about every TV show that exist. Memory Alpha is the one for cannon Star Trek stuff. Don't get mad at me because I know to use the internet.
                                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment