Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The Strong Horse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jordanriver View Post
    I would have a harder time answering, that if the Christian God does exist, why haven't Las Vegas and San Francisco, and Hollywood, and , (well, probably most of America) gone up in a blaze of fire and brimstone.
    There is more to this question than appears on the surface. IF the Christian god existed and answered prayers, it would be like the courts deciding in favor of BOTH sides in every case, paradoxes galore, contradictions right and left, reality complely incoherent, miracles popping up every which way. Indeed, sanity itself would be a victim if ANY explanation of ANYTHING required a supernatural component of any kind.

Comment

Originally posted by phank View Post
      There is more to this question than appears on the surface. IF the Christian god existed and answered prayers, it would be like the courts deciding in favor of BOTH sides in every case, paradoxes galore, contradictions right and left, reality complely incoherent, miracles popping up every which way. Indeed, sanity itself would be a victim if ANY explanation of ANYTHING required a supernatural component of any kind.
      you are "projecting", ...but not of yourself, but of man in general.
      Bible-God may have created man in His image, but not THAT much.

IOW, we are not talking fallible HUMAN judges.

Bible-God would be the perfect judge, and His decisions would be the best of all possible verdicts,
      (being a mind reader helps)

....IOW, it doesn't do me any good to complain every time the verdict does not go my way.
      ...but that never stopped me before of course.

***SUBJECT CHANGE***SUBJECT CHANGE***SUBJECT CHANGE

who knows if there are miracles galore or not.
      Bible-God is subtle.

....lest "That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them"

.............I know, it sucks.
      To say that crony capitalism is not true/free market capitalism, is like saying a grand slam is not true baseball, or like saying scoring a touchdown is not true American football ...Stefan Mykhaylo D

Comment